Resource icon

Tracks Automobilista Ultimate Trackpack (28 Tracks - 41 Layouts) 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
@roby13

if u follow the naming pattern in the gdb files u can create as many subfolders as u wish

This could be a big disaster, especially online.

Imagine someone running a server who misspells a track name, or I put all the tracks in a folder called Spa, & you call yours Spa Francorchamps.

What about those poor users who don't know their way around the file structure??

It would be best if "One" of the team takes the time to properly correct the file structure for those less informed users and resubmit the download

And if they could list the corrections in a post, so those users who are capable of making the corrections themselves do not have to re-download the three (3) Gb file.

@roby13

This could be a big disaster, especially online.

Imagine someone running a server who misspells a track name, or I put all the tracks in a folder called Spa, & you call yours Spa Francorchamps.

What about those poor users who don't know their way around the file structure??

It would be best if "One" of the team takes the time to properly correct the file structure for those less informed users and resubmit the download

And if they could list the corrections in a post, so those users who are capable of making the corrections themselves do not have to re-download the three (3) Gb file.
My league has used simync [ http://www.simsync.de ] for years. Drop the files in your game, click the program and it downloads all the mod files placing them exactly where they need to be. And if I make a mistake, I update the file structure and my drivers update their games via the program. We should do like a community sync. I have many of Patricks mods in my sync for all of my league drivers. Like the CART Extreme mod + his CART tracks. :):)

Last edited:
Hmm, let me think. :rolleyes:
I have a feeling you did not read the forum properly.
Otherwise you would have noticed that I would not have changed the structure a bit.
I like it as it is. I just want to help, and you?

@Reb.Ellion

That sounds as if "one of the team" has done something wrong. For such a statement you can be denounced very quickly here.

You have misconstrued my statement.

All I related to was the chaos that could follow if multiple users changed the naming structure and to the amount of errors that could be introduced. {Game boots for mismatched files}

As to the statement "One of the team", it is not my place to tell them who should make the repair, just that their making the repair would prevent any confusion.

I apologize to Patrick, if he thinks I did or said something wrong. I was just trying to be helpful......

I have quoted something. And it is not the first time you have agressive posts with me or the team (you and some others). Dont know why. Dont tell me it is jalousy? :O_o:
Ok, you are the best modder on earth.
Now we can go ahead.

Reactions: hex
@Patrick Giranthon

Any comments I make are just an observation on my part. It is not intended as any criticism or to be aggressive.

If I do not like something, I will say so, or just delete it. I know how hard you work to keep details authentic.

But I will not belittle anyone for their efforts, & I would not make any derogatory remarks towards them.

I D/L the track package & I am enjoying it.

Like I have said before, keep up the great work......

My league has used simync [ http://www.simsync.de ] for years. Drop the files in your game, click the program and it downloads all the mod files placing them exactly where they need to be. And if I make a mistake, I update the file structure and my drivers update their games via the program. We should do like a community sync. I have many of Patricks mods in my sync for all of my league drivers. Like the CART Extreme mod + his CART tracks. :):)

ans exactly this is the reason why there too much people who dont know how to unzip a file and drop it into a game... tools and apps for everything just that noone has to use its brain anymore... i know such tools are useful for leagues but also it stops people to use their brains...

on some questions about the mods or tracks i really ask myself how such people are able every day to start their pc or if theres someone whos doing it for them... :sleep:

@OleGreyGhost

It would be best if "One" of the team takes the time to properly correct the file structure For Those less informed users and resubmit the download.
That's your statement. For me it looks as if in your eyes is something wrong in the file structure. Thats was the reason for my post.
But you've apologized abundantly. Then everything is fine now.

ans exactly this is the reason why there too much people who dont know how to unzip a file and drop it into a game... tools and apps for everything just that noone has to use its brain anymore... i know such tools are useful for leagues but also it stops people to use their brains...

I often notice many mod users don't even look at the included readme ... that's mostly the biggest problem.
is reading so difficult now ?? :whistling:

But I mostly regret for those users that modders don't always use the same format for their zipped files:
If each time for each mod or addon track, the first master folder should be "Gamedata" or "Content" or ??? ( according to the game ) with the full path for the cars or tracks .... there should be less mistakes or bad installs..... as all unzip should always happen at the same place.

No problem with a bit of brain, PATR10T ;) .... but as nowadays everything has mostly to be quickly done rather than perfectly done, it should be useful for the one with less informatic knowledge.

on all my upload is already the right path ;) but even then there people who unpack and drop it where they want, then ask on fb why the mod isnt working... :rolleyes:

Yeah perhaps you have a point @PATR10T but I look at it a little bit differently. I feel like I am doing perhaps what Reiza and iracing are doing; that is providing a service for the racers. Many of my drivers are not modders nor do they really want to be. So I handle all of the crap work for them while they just enjoy driving. I personally enjoy both but when you are dealing with different levels of modding interest or language barriers then a program like simsync makes their lives, and mine, a little easier so we can all enjoy the actual racing.

So no offense to you at all and I do agree with you to a point that "it stops people to use their brains" but I just wanted to you understand where I am coming from as well. For the record, I am the same person who noted how many HOURS we modders put into this and it's sad that some people cannot figure out out to extract the zip file. But I also believe it is that services mentality of thinking that helps AMS or iracing be more appealing to those drivers out there not interested in modding but they just want to drive. It may not be not the drivers or modders in this particular forum but I am like you guys and see both sides of this, modding & racing. :)

Last edited:
@Reb.Ellion

That's your statement. For me it looks as if in your eyes is something wrong in the file structure.

All that statement reflected was my belief that any work { changes } done on the mod should be done by the author; not the user. Whether you want to call it an upgrade, repair, reworking or correction. Nothing in there said it was incorrect.

Isn't this the reason Reiza has encrypted certain portions of the game code?

All I did was point out the problems it would cause by many users changing the file structure. How would you connect to a server with the track in an addon folder & yours is in another directory. Especially when the game boots users for mismatched files. There wasn't anything aggressive or derogatory in it, or in any of my posts on this site.

I agree............................

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years