Automobilista Talk & Drive - Ultima GTR with Niels Heusinkveld

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Ultima GTR - Brands Hatch.jpg

Reiza Studios physics guru Niels Heusinkveld presents a 20 minute "talk and drive" video presentation of the upcoming Ultima GTR for Automobilista, putting the 720hp closed cockpit sports car through its paces around the beautiful Interlagos Formula One track.

The Brit Pack DLC will introduce three renowned UK circuits to Automobilista - Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Cadwell Park, as well as a selection of popular British club racing vehicles. Caterham will make its debut in the sim, with Reiza producing several variations of the classic manufacturers line of models. Open wheel cars in the form of the Formula Trainer (Formula Ford without the licence), the MCR Sports 2000 and of course the previewed Ultima GTR will also form the first DLC package since AMS reached V1 last month.

Reiza physics guru Niels Heusinkveld, the man behind many of the outstanding cars in AMS, has given fans an early access view of the epic looking Ultima as part of his nice little "talk and drive" videos, putting the machine through its paces around the Brazilian Grand Prix venue at Interlagos. You can check out the full 20 minute video below.

Niels Heusinkveld Talk & Drive 19: Ultima GTR

The Automobilista Brit Pack DLC is due for release on the 27th September, priced at $19.99. Season Pass or Beta Backers will receive the pack at no additional cost.

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation. We do mods, setups and awesome racing clubs too, well worth a look for those with an interest in all things Reiza...

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC? What piece of content are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I would guess that 90% of the Ultima road cars are bought for track days anyway. It's a shame that nowadays you see very few "kitcar" type vehicles on the roads in the UK and there is so much traffic that you would struggle to get out of 2nd gear anyway. :(

Well real cars comes with around 30 engine options with power between 300 and 1200 BHP :)
Yeah if true and being a kit car this is not surprising and would be great to have at least some options in the sim which is where sims shine after all in that they allow testing of different configurations.

Having said that, however, I don't know how much effort this adds to the magic Niels creates because he goes way beyond simply plugging in numbers so if I had to choose I'd definitely prefer having the magic over the variety of configurations.

I always find the default setups a bit odd with AMS, especially brake balance which often seems way different from what I end up with. Maybe they are great with a Bodnar and HE pedals and some more talent but sadly I don't have those. :)

I think they've transitioned to the more normal default setup feel of other games :/, before I could jump into a car and drive it without much fuss, a friendly feeling.

now the ultima and seem unfriendly on default setups, and the fford.

I find setting the rear alignment to -0.4 or as close as you can get helps, some bump rubber, all the clutches in the diff, setting throttle sensitivity in options way lower helped alot too. raising front ride hieght 1cm helps too, and the obvious adding downforce too.

im suspecting the suspension is too stiff in general as going over kerbs at interlagos is scetchy at best, and the cambers at the new uk track i forgot its names, again seems bad and not compliant in those non flat tracks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back