Automobilista September Development Roadmap Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Spielberg 2017.jpg

Reiza Studios have released the latest 'Development Roadmap' for Automobilista today, outlining the future development direction of the simulation.

We already know the next DLC of classic car content is just around the corner thanks to some recent preview images, however the new roadmap also gives us some interesting insight into several areas of the simulation that are actively receiving attention prior to development coming to an end in the near future.

You can check the full roadmap post from Reiza below:

Hello everyone! We´ve got another update for you, this time sharing some news about the upcoming V1.4.8 release, and some of what´s coming up next as we approach v1.5.0 and the definitive version of Automobilista.

A combination of things taking a bit longer than expected, some unforeseen issues demanding attention along with valuable improvements that we´ve found to be within reach have led to AMS development stretching a bit further still. All for the better though as it means AMS should end up in even better shape!

The next update is v1.4.8 and is going to bring some valuable improvements along with a new DLC:

New DLC - Brazilian Touring Car Classics

The next DLC will bring several "oldies" to AMS - the TC Classics are some of the cars that have made history in Brazilian touring cars through the decades.

AMS Touring Car Classics.jpg

The DLC will include 4 models (Fusca, Gol, Passat, Uno), spread over 4 unique series:

Copa Classic - a modern mixed class series from southern Brazil running classic machines; DLC will feature Fusca, Passat, Gol and Uno with the specs these various cars run in the series.

AMS 2.jpg

Copa Fusca - a modern series from southern Brazil for Fusca (Beetle) enthusiasts.
AMS 3.jpg

Copa Uno - based on popular 1990s brazilian Formula Uno series, with the street car stripped down to the basics:
AMS 4.jpg

Hot Cars (brazilian TC series from early 1980s, derivative of the previous Divisão 3 from 70s), featuring seriously tuned up versions of these classic cars. DLC will feature Fusca, Passat and Gol:
AMS 5.jpg

All series feature the 4 models in a wide variety of configurations presenting very distinct challenges.

Special thanks on this one to the good people involved with the Copa Classic championship who have been super friendly and very helpful with information. It´s very hard to find data for these cars, specially the older ones from the early 80s so having people who have lived through this history be so engaged is both and a very pleasant experience. The series is based in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul which has some of the strongest motorsports culture in the country - it has been a great experience to get to know it better.

There are some other interesting models that some are sure to miss not being included - unfortunately we we had initially set out to do only 3 Hot Cars models and ended up going further with 4 models and a bunch of variations covering 4 different series, so we´d already stretched our schedule for it as much as we could. It´s not out of the question though that some new "old" models will be added further down the line.

V1.4.8 update

Further AI Developments

@Alex Sawczuk took a break from track modelling this month to take a few stabs at the code, and he´s managed some valuable AI improvements in the process, including a revamped blue flag logic - AI cars now better evaluate approaching cars and move out of the way:

We have also increased rate AI assesses situations by 4x which should result in more appropriate behavior in several racing situations - this makes it much less likely the AI will get confused and veer off the track, or not "see" a car coming up alongside.

DynHUD issues

We´re hoping we have a fix for the recent DynHUD issues that came up for Windows 10 users following a recent system update included in v1.4.8. In any case we´ll be also looking to improve some remaining niggles with DynHUD and also beef up the native HUD a bit more as an alternative.

The run down to 1.5.0

Following v1.4.8 we´ll be on the final stretch to the definitive version of AMS - at the moment we´re still undecided on whether there will be a public v1.4.9 or if we´ll go straight to v1.5.0 - depends on the rate of progress we manage next month.

Here are some of the goodies still to come:

Metalmoro AJR
Metalmoro AJR_WIP.jpg

As announced a couple of months back, the hot new prototype from Metalmoro is coming up next for AMS. The model is shaping up quite nicely :)

Turbo model

@Niels Heusinkveld and @Luis Miguel have been working on finalizing the turbo model and it will be included in time for v1.5.0, including updated physics for all turbo cars in the sim to use the new model.

Spielberg 2017
AMS Spielberg 2017.jpg

@ilka has been working on an update to the modern Spielberg track, to include the latest reforms since the track was originally modelled. Although the track hasn´t had its layout altered, there are several curb and run-off changes, a new grandstand in the home straight along with other cosmetic modifications.

There is more still to come of course - look forward to sharing some final surprises with you all :)

That´s all for this month - hope you all enjoy the coming update!

Automobilista is a racing simulation from Reiza Studios exclusive to PC.

AMS TC Classics 2.jpg
AMS TC Classics 3.jpg
AMS TC Classics.jpg

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content addons, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Looking forward to the new DLC and future development of AMS? Has the game met your expectations during its development run? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to it all :thumbsup: this sim is really coming along.

I am especially looking forward to this ..

DynHUD issues
We´re hoping we have a fix for the recent DynHUD issues that came up for Windows 10 users following a recent system update included in v1.4.8. In any case we´ll be also looking to improve some remaining niggles with DynHUD and also beef up the native HUD a bit more as an alternative.

:thumbsup::):thumbsup::)

no, I did not necessarily speak of people to make races, but people online simply ^^

I have 200 hours in 30 days and I have only done 2 races ...: D, I just wanted to say, a community that finds itself online to exchange, make small runs, improve its times and its conduct by being in group on a server because at the moment I see mostly people who connect, do one or two rounds and disconnect, there is not much "relentless" loool

and look at the "time trial of the week" which for this week only about forty participants, it is really very little! (I do not complain, this makes that for this week I get to be 5th: D)

this simulation is so well done, I really wonder why there are so few players.

as for a registration on this site as a premium, I hesitate a bit to take it, which "brakes me a little" is that I left iracing after paying more than 600 euros for precisely no longer have to pay to play online lol
but I admit that the high quality of this site and its low price could make me change my mind and take a subscription ^^

Good day to you

ps: I'm too happy to know that the VW arrive in AMS: D
ps : sory for my "bad" english
no VR is deal braker for lots of people these days .. also some like shiny graphics ...
As for RD premium goes ... it is 7,5 euros for year (might be 10 and 7.5 is for renewing membership) .. that is 2 cents per day .. but no pressure .. it used to be able to ask for freemium account (same as premium but for limited testing time) so you can see what is going on (I went that way .. sadly new member of family and some work outside of country limited my participation quite a lot) .. somebody has to run servers and you are reading good quality arcitles here amost every day .. :)

Their commitment to AMS is very impressive.

i'm so happy to have buy this perfect simulation

good to hear there is again and again updates , new cars and tracks !
now, there is no more missing this game than one element but for which reiza can do nothing: an online community
it's a shame on a simulation of such a quality to see as few people online :-(

As I always say, I will never regret of buying AMS Season Pass :cool:

My thought exactly, and for that I'll happily support their future content and releases

(There's always evoHUD, provided you're not one of the unlucky few for whom it crashes either.)

evo hud looks a little to busy, but it seems I'll have to give it a try.

Actually Martin, I have started using Z1 Dashboard ..it cost me £22.00 put well worth it ..

The Z1Analyzer is really helping me a lot, in learning how to set the car up and get closer to race pace times.

How so?

(There's always evoHUD, provided you're not one of the unlucky few for whom it crashes either.)
Agreed, unfortunately for us Aussies racing it is a majority that cannot run it, I am one of the lucky ones.
Since running evo HUD for about 6 weeks I have not seen one single stutter or pause while racing. Loving it. Cannot believe Reiza have not picked this up and developed it, it would be a winning HUD.

Oh yer and the delta works even after someone leaves the server lol

Are these made up names?
Fusca, Gol and Uno
Or these are the real car names in the series? :D
Yes, those are just the real names of the cars. VW Fusca is the Brazilian name given to the VW Sedan, more know worldwide as VW beetle.

Fiat UNO is a popular car produced in the 1980s in Brazil and Italy, UNO was a car produced here from 1984 to 2014 in Brazil.

VW Gol (goal in free traslation) is a popular car produced by Volkswagen of Brazil, it has a large legion of fans here. In Brazil the Gol is in its 5th generation, that of the game is the 1st generation.
First Generation
url

5th Generation
url

Of the classic Brazilian cars, the VW Voyage, the sedan version of the Gol, and Chevrolet Chevette, the Brazilian version of the Opel Kadett (C), lacked the sedan model.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years