Automobilista Post 1.4.7 Update Advice

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista .jpg

Following the recent build update for Automobilista some issues have arisen regards to online server activity. Read on to hear Reiza's advice prior to a hotfix release in the near future.

Build 1.4.7 brought with it plenty of exciting new features and fixes alongside the new Ibarra track, however since the release went live on Saturday ,a few issues with online servers have been noted by the community.

Reiza have acknowledged the issue and have managed to replicate the problem back at the studio in Brazil, however it has been confirmed that it may take a little while to get a solution readied and pushed into the live build of the game.

While we await a new hotfix update, Reiza have issued the following advice to players of the game;

Regarding Multiplayer Lobby issues: we have a minor issue that if you have a bookmarked server that is not online, the lobby list comes up empty. We'll get a fix out for this soon - in the meantime, you can join servers via the Steam Server Browser if you don't wish to remove those offline bookmarks (On Steam app, click em View-> Servers and choose Automobilista)

Furthermore it has been reported by some users that the use of Xbox controllers are causing a number of issues with the title. Again Reiza have replicated this issue and offer the following guidance to get the most from the Microsoft controller;

Regarding Xbox controller difficulties: you may need to reconfigure your device settings to adapt to the latest modifications. Try using the "Detect" function in controller UI to load the default preset and go from there.

Last but not least, Reiza have also confirmed support for the new Logitech G29 and older wheels is still under development, with a hopeful release in time for the next public build update.

Automobilista is a racing simulation by Reiza Studios available exclusively for PC.

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Have you managed to get back online using the workaround above? Any tips to help others still struggling? Let us know in the comments section below!

Have you managed to get back online using the workaround above? Any tips to help others still struggling? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last night I tested the new build and all the servers were showing up but there were only 5 people online, today roughly 10 servers show up all empty in game.
I tried the steam mp browser and was able to join, but there are not many people to race with....less than 25 people and 10 were in the RD server racing the Caterham's. Hopefully, they get this sorted soon and the servers pick up.

We (PRC) had out third league race on Sunday night when the server problem presented itself. The workaround to use Steam's own server list and run the game by clicking on our server there worked without a problem.
The new track Ibarra is great despite lacking in elevation changes (my own preference). I'm going to have to give the F3s a go around here when I've got time to develop a setup as there are a few tricky bits waiting to catch out the unwary. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%