Automobilista New Content Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Membership Packages.jpg

Brazilian development team Reiza Studios have announced a new membership scheme and details of upcoming DLC content for new PC racing title Automobilista.

The natural successor to fan favourite Stock Car Extreme, Automobilista achieved Steam Early Access release to much community praise back in February and has already made a positive impression with many improvements over its earlier incarnations under the SCE title.

Featuring improved graphics and enhanced force feedback effects with a whole host of new content and many under the hood enhancements courtesy of the fully licensed ISI developed gmotor engine, Automobilista Early Access is aimed to be the first step towards Reiza breaking through to the next level of sim racing for the studio.

Following a successful indiegogo crowdfunding campaign Reiza released a detailed roadmap of content and game enhancements users of the title could expect throughout 2016. With a high majority of these items delivered already or are well on the way to hitting the game, Reiza have now announced that due to community demand they are opening up the opportunity to buy into a Reiza Membership package and gain access to both retail and beta version of AMS, access to backers only Reiza 51 development forum and access to all upcoming DLC packages with a potential of 40-50% saving on the full retail price of the DLC.

Members of any level who backed the Indiegogo campaign will automatically get the Reiza Membership All Inclusive package at no additional cost (access to Reiza 51 & AMS Beta along with all upcoming AMS DLC releases).

Ranging from US$ 2.99 to US$ 4.99 and aiming to contain either a completely new series or venue for the game, Reiza plan to bring between 10-12 DLC items released over the remainder of 2016 at the rate of approximately 1 DLC pack per month.

Renato Simioni of Reiza Studios had the following to say following the official announcement on the Reiza Studios Forum:

"We do have intention to do a couple more items beyond what´s listed as the announcement suggests, but obviously this list along with what had already been announced in the roadmap already gives us plenty of work for the whole year (and the goal is very much to wrap and deliver everything during 2016).

To some extent it will depend on what people want and how much they want it - again as the announcement says, in this regard the more people buy into the membership packages, the more they can show us there is demand for extra content, the more they can participate into deciding which type of content it should be, and the faster we can deliver it."

With an impressive line up of proposed new content, some items still to be implemented into the title from the original Indiegogo campaign and a strong base already making up AMS this new DLC and Membership announcement yet again pushes the very small Brazilian team closer still to producing a classic sim racing title for virtual racers across the world to enjoy.

Details of the 2 new membership packages can be found below:

Reiza Membership ALL INCLUSIVE Package.png

Reiza Membership ALL INCLUSIVE Upgrade Package.png

While not all deals have been fully closed, Reiza are in "advanced negotiations" to deliver the following DLC packs:
  • Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
  • Oulton Park/UK
  • Cadwell Park/UK
  • Brands Hatch/UK
  • Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
  • Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US
  • Ultima GTR
  • Truck Racing - based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who F-Truck 2013)
  • Aussie Racing Car
  • Divisão 3 (Historical Brazilian touring car series)
  • Group B Rally car
As mentioned by Renato Simioni more DLC content could be included as we go through the year and the success of the Reiza Membership scheme could influence additional content and faster release of proposed items to all who have bought in to the title.

Reiza Membership packs can be purchased here (all prices subject to change without notice).

Don't forget to check out Reiza Studios forum right here on RaceDepartment for all the latest news / discussions / mods and of course our superb Racing Club with the largest online grids in the community.

Will you be upgrading to one of the Reiza Membership packages when available? If you are eligible for the free DLC what are you looking forward to most? If you don't plan on becoming a member, will you be picking up some DLC along the way? What do you think of this new strategy by Reiza for AMS going forwards? So many questions! Discuss in the comments section below!

Total no-brainer use of $20 for me. AMS is incredibly impressive as the ultimate polish job on the rFactor base and more high-quality content is always welcome. And hopefully some of the momentum and money will be used to invest in the much more difficult and serious task of building the next product, with updated core features and capabilities.

Every product, upgrade and pricing decision made by Reiza since Day 1 has been consumer-friendly, fair, transparent and very reasonable/good value. I have no hesitation in supporting something like this even though I haven't seen the "proof" of the DLC being already completed. Plans are communicated; the product is cared for with superior attention to detail; it is moving ever-more towards a hard core and realistic sim (with options for aids and simpler play, of course); it is becoming less Brazil-focused; online racing is getting some attention; the total cost versus what I already have is almost ridiculously low. Another $20 is well deserved.

The activities of Reiza have been systematically building better and better products while simultaneously cultivating loyalty and good will. Now, they want to also poll us to help select what new DLC should be made next. How is this not exactly what anyone in the hyper-niche sim racing community would want?

Wow sometimes I am just blown away by people that whine about $20. That's a few beers ffs or a pack of smokes. I do realise there are some people that do it tough but cmon.

Excuse my ignorance if I missed in this thread..

But I've just associated the reiza/steam account thingy, then purchased, then entered serial from e-mail and activated on steam, and now it should be showing up in my steam game list as "Automoblista Beta"?

The reason I ask is because if I recall correctly some people had "Automoblista Beta" show up in their game list once it was released a little while back, and I just want confirm that I won't be downloading that version?

Thanks in advance. :)

Indiegogo backer:

60€
FTruck
GSCE
AMS + DLC's
Reiza2017 game
Beta access
Forum vote rights

That's 15€ per sim, with more content than promised in the campaign.

Thanks Reiza!

wow, that's like...0,0001% of the entire sim racing community.
Still from all sims AMS has the highest percentage of active players from the amount of players that bought the sim. Sure it doesn't make publicservers always full but it indicate something. For MP join league or/and RD premium .. Plenty people playing every day

Still from all sims AMS has the highest percentage of active players from the amount of players that bought the sim. Sure it doesn't make publicservers always full but it indicate something. For MP join league or/and RD premium .. Plenty people playing every day
shows that the smarter people don't bother buying another rfactor 1, its so unpopular they might as well discontinue it and join up with Kunos or something.

shows that the smarter people don't bother buying another rfactor 1, its so unpopular they might as well discontinue it and join up with Kunos or something.
well you have right to your opinon .. than, I don`t see any point for you to stick around on this section of RD to be honest .. just like there is no point of explaining to you why AMS is not rF1 :) have fun in whatever sims you choose...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%