AUTOMOBILISTA Motorsports Simulator is coming to Steam on Q1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
AMS_LOGO.jpg

Successor of Stock Car Extreme, new racing simulator by Reiza Studios will be free to all current owners of SCE

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of an advanced racing simulator to deliver a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles to be found in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross Evo X to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through time with historical and modern content including a sample from several decades of Grand Prix racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

SPECIAL OFFER - AUTOMOBILISTA free to everyone who owns Stock Car Extreme on Steam by January 5th!

AUTOMOBILISTA is an evolution of the project presented by Reiza´s successful crowdfunding campaign in July 2015. Originally proposed as an extensive free update to Stock Car Extreme, AMS has grown further to become a completely independent release from SCE - it will however remain free to everyone who bought Stock Car Extreme up until January 5th 2016.

Therefore if you already own SCE on Steam, AUTOMOBILISTA will become immediately available to you upon release!

SCE owners who have not yet activated their copy of Stock Car Extreme on Steam should do so before January 5th 2016 by retrieving their Stock Car Extreme Steam key here, and activating it on Steam. It is not necessary to install SCE on Steam - just have it activated there to ensure your free copy of AMS. This will have no effect on your SCE installation outside Steam, where serial numbers will remain functional (owners who had previously made the switch also have had their NonSteam Serial Numbers reactivated).

Upon launch, AUTOMOBILISTA will sell for US$ 39.99 so for those who don´t yet own Stock Car Extreme, this is a special opportunity to get both SCE now and simultaneously ensure a free copy of AUTOMOBILISTA - all for the current price of Stock Car Extreme (currently selling for the special Steam holiday price of US$ 22.49 / R$ 89.99). This special offer is available only until 5th January 2016, as from January 6th 2016 onwards buying Stock Car Extreme will no longer warrant a free copy of AUTOMOBILISTA.

AUTOMOBILISTA - Motorsports Simulator will be released exclusively on the Steam platform during Q1 2016.
Further information as it becomes available on www.game-automobilista.com

A few in-game screenies:

AMS_StockV8_Brasilia.jpg

AMS_F-V10_Kansai2.jpg

AMS_EvoX_Tykki2.jpg

AMS_F_Extreme-Inter2015.jpg

AMS_F-Vee_Brasilia.jpg

AMS_LancerR_VeloCitta.jpg

AMS_Supertruck_Montreal2.jpg

AMS_SuperV8_Kansai.jpg

AMS_Supertruck_Montreal.jpg

AMS_EvoX_Tykki.jpg

Last edited:
So you are handing out Automobilista for free to all who are interested in SCE - current owners and backers ? How do you intend to attract new customers with this title ? I saw ST as the content that had the potential of attracting casuals and big youtubers....

Supertrucks. :)

What I mean is they need to earn some money, right ? 124 all time peak on Steam - WTF ? I wonder if they even sold 1000 copies there. The rest of community, a couple 1000 more, I presume, is off Steam and hasn't paid a buck for 2+ years.

They may have been a bit overly generous over the years. The updates/dlc has never been substantial enough, though, to warrant asking money for it. Or maybe they could charge a couple of bucks every now and then. It is what it is now... SCE has been in a sort of limbo, with the devs seemingly not being quite sure how to make the best transition to their new title/new tech/new projects and wrapping up SCE for good.

Wish them better commercial success from now on. :)

Last edited:
I still not get it, It basicly will be a massive update to SCE? Same engine, only enhanced graphics, physics, some new features, so why re-naming again ? Im so confused. Just why ?
I see it as a relatively cheap way to establish a new name, before releasing the 2017 game where they'd have changed the name anyway. Also this way they can move all players to Steam, will be much easier for them.

I still not get it, It basicly will be a massive update to SCE? Same engine, only enhanced graphics, physics, some new features, so why re-naming again ? Im so confused. Just why ?
Because "Stock Car Extreme" is a terrible name to market if you don't have a NASCAR in it. :)
Automobilista may be a bit easier.. not saying it will do miracles but at least it's less confusing. And let's be fair the "Extreme" in the name was a bit ridiculous, at least to me lol

Because "Stock Car Extreme" is a terrible name to market if you don't have a NASCAR in it. :)
Automobilista may be a bit easier.. not saying it will do miracles but at least it's less confusing. And let's be fair the "Extreme" in the name was a bit ridiculous, at least to me lol
There are several racing leagues where Stock Cars are driven, NASCAR is one of them. GSCE has the brasilian Stock Cars and historic Chevys.

Im so confused. Just why ?
There were some good reasons given.
One of the most important reasons seems to be the move to Steam-exclusive.

They may have been a bit overly generous over the years.
Just because we're used to modern game publishers selling ripped out DLCs to us on day 1 doesn't mean that a development studio loving it's baby needs to do similar stuff ;)

But let's not forget that a whole lot Reiza does now they can re-use for their upcoming sim which will be sold on Steam.

Is it to hard for the developers to have Drive Club graphics with good FFB and physics ?
As AMS is just a rebrand of GSCE, nothing else was to be expected (although upgraded shaders and alike will already help a lot) wait for the upcoming title (not AMS) to get loved Reiza Physics+FFB+AI and DX12 eyecandy on top of it.
But also expect system requirements to increase significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 332 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%