AUTOMOBILISTA Motorsports Simulator is coming to Steam on Q1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
AMS_LOGO.jpg

Successor of Stock Car Extreme, new racing simulator by Reiza Studios will be free to all current owners of SCE

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of an advanced racing simulator to deliver a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles to be found in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross Evo X to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through time with historical and modern content including a sample from several decades of Grand Prix racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

SPECIAL OFFER - AUTOMOBILISTA free to everyone who owns Stock Car Extreme on Steam by January 5th!

AUTOMOBILISTA is an evolution of the project presented by Reiza´s successful crowdfunding campaign in July 2015. Originally proposed as an extensive free update to Stock Car Extreme, AMS has grown further to become a completely independent release from SCE - it will however remain free to everyone who bought Stock Car Extreme up until January 5th 2016.

Therefore if you already own SCE on Steam, AUTOMOBILISTA will become immediately available to you upon release!

SCE owners who have not yet activated their copy of Stock Car Extreme on Steam should do so before January 5th 2016 by retrieving their Stock Car Extreme Steam key here, and activating it on Steam. It is not necessary to install SCE on Steam - just have it activated there to ensure your free copy of AMS. This will have no effect on your SCE installation outside Steam, where serial numbers will remain functional (owners who had previously made the switch also have had their NonSteam Serial Numbers reactivated).

Upon launch, AUTOMOBILISTA will sell for US$ 39.99 so for those who don´t yet own Stock Car Extreme, this is a special opportunity to get both SCE now and simultaneously ensure a free copy of AUTOMOBILISTA - all for the current price of Stock Car Extreme (currently selling for the special Steam holiday price of US$ 22.49 / R$ 89.99). This special offer is available only until 5th January 2016, as from January 6th 2016 onwards buying Stock Car Extreme will no longer warrant a free copy of AUTOMOBILISTA.

AUTOMOBILISTA - Motorsports Simulator will be released exclusively on the Steam platform during Q1 2016.
Further information as it becomes available on www.game-automobilista.com

A few in-game screenies:

AMS_StockV8_Brasilia.jpg

AMS_F-V10_Kansai2.jpg

AMS_EvoX_Tykki2.jpg

AMS_F_Extreme-Inter2015.jpg

AMS_F-Vee_Brasilia.jpg

AMS_LancerR_VeloCitta.jpg

AMS_Supertruck_Montreal2.jpg

AMS_SuperV8_Kansai.jpg

AMS_Supertruck_Montreal.jpg

AMS_EvoX_Tykki.jpg

Last edited:
That's just because it's still in development. Its Kickstarter campaign name was "Next Car Game", because it was the dev's next... well, car game! They gave it a proper name, but are keeping the "Next Car Game" tag during development, so people can still find it easily.

Reactions: hex
Maybe this is discussed elsewhere...

I have tried very hard to like the name
AUTOMOBILISTA

I have slept on it for a few weeks and tried to get my head around it.
But alas it has not grown on me. I am of Portuguese background and the literal translation is 'motorist' maybe in Brazilian it means race driver or whatever.
Game Stock Car Extreme was a mouthful, but this is just on another level of 'say what!'
My 10 year old son a keen simmer - the new generation - packs up laughing every time he says the name...
Bouncing the new title name off several of my colleagues and mates involved in professional real life racing and they also don't get it.
I know this cannot be changed - IMO the damage is done - but what is the thinking behind such an (absurd?) unremarkable and unmarketable name for a sim?

AUTOMOBILISTASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hehehe
I hope that helps ;)

Did I mention Automobilista is a cool name. No?
Well it is, so there.

Last edited:
@Renato Simioni will I be able to create and run a server, add some AI if needed and invite some friends giving them the password in AMS, as I can with SCE?

Yes.

@Renato Simioni
will the templates for cars be the same as SCE ? specifically for me the SuperV8.
and will current skins be able to be just copied over to AMS

Yes, though you will probably need to tweak alphas / colors to work best with the new shaders.

@Renato Simioni i know i bang on about the AI. But can you develop the AI further in AMS, is this something that can be possible?

AI physics / performance / line are being worked on all the time so there will be improvements there. Code-wise, there are a couple of specific things we want to improve for AI behavior, though it´s not certain we will manage already for initial release.

New shadows should come with separate options to disable them because shadows are a serious FPS killer in any game. My PC is pretty old so I can usually get pretty solid FPS in most games and especially sims if I disable or lower shadows and keep everything else up higher. DCS for instance has a separate option for disabling cockpit shadows.

No newer tech apartheid pl0x. ;)

What "cockpit shadows" are we talking about here? Shadows are already cast in the cockpit when shadow detail is turned to max. Or are you missing self-cast shadows by the internals of the cockpit? :O_o:

What "cockpit shadows" are we talking about here? Shadows are already cast in the cockpit when shadow detail is turned to max. Or are you missing self-cast shadows by the internals of the cockpit? :O_o:
Shadows that are exclusively inside the car or in its in-bounds.

I personally have a Geforce GT 440, so I must play in 1280x720 & V-Sync OFF to get 60 fps. Once I do this two things I can crank up all the details but only in DX9 games.

In AC, for example, it doesn't matter if I play on 1280x720, if I crank up there the shadows from low to medium it means -10 fps.

I hope AMS meets the same minimum/recommended requirements, or at least gets options to disable things like shadows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back