Automobilista just crash

Hello, good evening, everyone. I have this problem with my game since I upgraded to version 1.20. The game crash out of nowhere. Maybe I could use it for an hour or just ten minutes, it just crash.

At the beginning the fault module name was the DINPUT8.dll. Change the Anti-Aliasing setting to "none" and now the problem is ntdll.dll

The strange thing is that I do not change anything in the graphical configuration of the game. I play in the same in-game configuration as I always played. I've updated Windows, as I read it might be a solution, but the problem is still there.

Any idea would be really welcome!

Thanks

Hello, good evening, everyone. I have this problem with my game since I upgraded to version 1.20. The game crash out of nowhere. Maybe I could use it for an hour or just ten minutes, it just crash.

At the beginning the fault module name was the DINPUT8.dll. Change the Anti-Aliasing setting to "none" and now the problem is ntdll.dll

The strange thing is that I do not change anything in the graphical configuration of the game. I play in the same in-game configuration as I always played. I've updated Windows, as I read it might be a solution, but the problem is still there.

Any idea would be really welcome!

Thanks

When have you install the last drivers for you graphics card?
DINPUT8.dll is a problem with directX

When have you install the last drivers for you graphics card?
DINPUT8.dll is a problem with directX

Hi. Last time was before install Automobilista for the first time, due an rFactor problem with the same dll. I think it was in November. I did that and no more problems with rFactor. Automobilista was fine untill updated to 1.2. Then, problems started.

I created a new player and the DINPUT8.dll and ntdll.dll are still the same problem.

Im getting this as well. I will run races and then it just crashes, its completely random, I cant seem to see whats causing it, i can get 2 minutes into a race and I get a CTD, or i can get onto the last lap and it CTD. I've scaled back everything graphics wise too, I dont run any of the overlays or HUDS, its a real shame, because i will be in the middle of some epic races and then - BOOM - Desktop!!!

Is anyone else having troubles with AMS v1.5 crashing?
I played the game for about 2 weeks and after adding the Cayman Cup mod it crashes when loading any race etc. I have done everything imaginable but I cannot fix it and I get no response from Reiza Studios.

Last of all I uninstalled and re downloaded it and it still won't run. Can anyone help??

You did remove the old user files folders?

If you run the sim normally then user files are in my documents... if you run as administrator then the user files are in the Automobilista folder. If you run as admin then don't try to run normally as the folder paths in the config.ini files get messed up.

Look for any old config.ini files and delete them.

Make sure you do an integrity check of your AMS files via Steam.

Make sure that your AV is disabled for the automobilista folder.

If you are using a laptop with dual GPU's make sure that you have the correct GPU setup for AMS.

If AMS was working previously, but now its crashing there is a mess on your end somewhere. I don't use windows10, if you are, I read somewhere (right click AMS.exe?) there is a compatibility setting that solves issues (anti aliasing), or it could be an update causing trouble.

Good luck.

Edit. PS, Unplug your controllers and see if that get AMS up and running.

Last edited:
I tried all your suggestions and no luck. I deleted user data in my documents and ran as administrator. I did compatibility checks and I made an exception with AV. I have run integrity checks via steam twice the last time it said my files are fine. I still have exactly the same problem.

I signed up to the "reizastudios.com" and they are supposed to send me a confirmation so I can join a forum and they won't. I have asked for a resend 6 times and nothing and it's not my email as I know it is working.

Are Reiza usually like this?

I imagine the Reiza forum sign-up is automated. Have you tried this from the site's help page?

https://forum.reizastudios.com/help/problems-receiving-mail/

If you do get signed up be sure to provide as much info as possible such as your operating system and system specs. Recent Windows 10 and Nvidia updates have caused issues, for example.

You can roll back your game version to an older build by right clicking the game in your Steam library, selecting 'properties', choosing the Beta tab and selecting an older build from the drop down menu, if you're adament it's v1.5 thats the root cause (will be a large download).

Failing that you could try asking for support from wherever you got the mod from as, as far as I know, RD doesn't host this particular mod :p

Thanks for the response. I did try signing in again at the site you mentioned or even just send a message but they have to send me a code 1st and they haven't.

I will look into rolling back or asking about the mod. Also I did already send Reiza all the information they asked for to their email which I got I got from Steam support and again no response. That was 3 emails.

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, try overwriting your Java software files in AMS located somewhere in the plugins directory in the AMS installation directory, with your Java software installation from your program files directory. There is an issue if the versions don't match.

In theory it's only used for DynHUD, but I had Dynhud disabled in the config tool and still had crashes.
For me, AMS froze to non-responding whenever I started a race or training session, but sometimes it started fine once, then after I entered pits and then re-entered the track, then it froze. I had to ctrl+alt+del and kill it from the task manager.
Since I have my in-game Java and the Windows installed Java versions in sync, I never had a lock-up.
After some time I even started using Dynhud, modded with Evohud, still no lock-ups.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%