Automobilista Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Reiza Studios have deployed a small hotfix update for Automobilista, addressing several issues and continuing the updating of tracks in the game.

The new hotfix, released yesterday, is mainly aimed at quashing the last few remaining bugs from the recent build 1.4.5 update released back in July. Coming with fixes to address things around the new AI parameters, the latest build does look to be a solid improvement in that regard. One of the more noticeable aspects of the new hotfix should be the latest track updates for Montreal, Campo Grande, Brasilia, Caruaru, Buenos Aires, Guapore, Speedland, Granja, Cordoba, Spielberg and Salvador, which have all been updated to the latest visual standards introduced as part of build 1.4.5.

Build 1.4.5.3 Release Notes:
  • Slightly toned down AI aggression on all levels, & reduced AI risk calculation bypassing for overtaking on 1st lap when running MEDIUM AI Aggression setting (HIGH & MAX remain with full bypass)
  • Adjusted series-specific AI corner radius detection (used to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake) to more conservative values
  • Added information for connected devices & other minor adjustments to controller UI
  • Updated Montreal, Campo Grande, Brasilia, Caruaru, Buenos Aires, Guapore, Speedland, Granja, Cordoba, Spielberg & Salvador textures to latest standards
  • Fixed Stock Car 2017 & Curvelo IDs for VX leaderboards
  • Small update to billboard shaders, smoke & dust effects
  • Minor tire wear adjustments to Boxer, SuperV8, StockV8
  • Goiania: Fixed CTD loading short layouts
  • Interlagos: Fixed nightlighting on new road sections in 2017 variants
  • F-Ultimate: Added HALO as a configuration optional
  • StockV8: Added Lapenna´s car & fixed error causing Valerio´s car not to load; Added missing driver talent files; Added 2017 championship option with correct season order & scoring; Fixed glare in night lighting; Fixed LOD flaw in rear fender
  • Montana: Small adjustment on engine torque curve

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation available from Steam.

Like mods? Looking to add plenty of new content to your Automobilista install? Well lucky you, we have an awesome AMS Modding Forum you can check view to download plenty of great community content! Don't forget playing games with others is fun too, so check out the AMS Racing Club sub forum for details of the many great online club race events we host on a regular basis here at RD.

Have you tried the latest build update yet? What do you think of the track improvements? Happy with the way AMS is developing so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I have not fired up AM for a while ..I think its a great sim for what it is the bastard child of ISI GMotor (it's like rf2's cousin) & that reminds me did someone actually bitch about paid DLC for rf2 ? hah seriously ? they so far have 1 DLC ....let me check YES ONE ..count them ..1 and it has 4 gt3 cars .. this for A studio that took over the game and has had only income from new purchases of the game , is delivering on it promises plus all the while the dev's are accessible in discord and will chat with you about anything in the game gezzz .. Yes I will buy ..if only just to support them in developing the sim !

Have you forgotten about AM's DLC ?? I know I paid like $30 bucks US for a season pass ..sheesh that plus cost of game and I Have now put MORE $$$ into AM then I have for rf2 ..

Its a great game and rizza has worked there buts off on ..they are a very talented group ! but this game is dated ..no matter what they say or do or add at some point its going to be led to pasture with its old 32 bit dx9 engine under the hood .. (puts hard hat on now lol) ..

To me the game does play ok ..I still (tested today) have the issue with the dyno hud crapping out if players leave the session or what ever triggers it .. It seems like this dyno hud was added like an overlay on top of the rf1 engine stuff to try and give it something cool and different to separate it from being rf1.5 ectt.. but other than that I have no complaints .
And I was happy to buy the season pass if only to help the rizza guys to keep up the good fight for the hobby of sim racing ..:thumbsup:

It also seems that AM is a good platform for players with older PC's to be able to get a nicer newer looking game to enjoy w/o the power requirements of todays newer sim's so for that this game seems to have its own cult ! :ninja:
In my case I have enough horse power (for now lol) to run all the newer titles in 4k and I think that's one of the reasons I haven't been driving AM anymore ..the newer games, simply put ,blow it and rf1 away to me .. your mileage may vary ..:)

I have not fired up AM for a while ..I think its a great sim for what it is the bastard child of ISI GMotor (it's like rf2's cousin) & that reminds me did someone actually bitch about paid DLC for rf2 ? hah seriously ? they so far have 1 DLC ....let me check YES ONE ..count them ..1 and it has 4 gt3 cars .. :)
Funny isn't it!
As usual, some simracers have misguided anger towards S397 for DLC.
Even us folk who've paid for 'lifetime' subscriptions understand that the new studio need to charge for something to keep the improvements coming.
If they truly want to be mad at somebody, it should have been ISI for not delivering a fully optimized sim prior to handing it over.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%