Automobilista EA v0.8.6r RELEASED

19 maart - Reiza Studios
A new EARLY ACCESS build of AMS (v.0.8.6r) has been deployed.

Below are the release notes & main changelog (please make sure to check for some important information regarding the new build):

• V0.8.6r
  • Improved support for Windows User Account Control - now all user-generated files should be stored in MyDocs\Automobilista folder. Users with UAC on will be prompted to create a new profile (if you disable UAC or run as admin however it will still use game folder)
  • Added option to select PLAYER LEVEL after new profile creation (can be changed later from the difficulty menu) - CASUAL / ADVANCED / HARDCORE: depending on level selected, the default settings will be customized accordingly for various Difficulty / Controls / Display options
  • Several new UI improvements & adjustments + version number added to bottom right corner of main menu
  • Further adjusted tire scrub volume calculation, default settings & added Tire Volume Slider to the AUDIO menu
  • Some DynHUD improvements for better stability (& pedal cursors now optional from the editor)
  • Fixed bug with vehicle labels not working
  • Fixed bug with FFB level selection sometimes not sticking
  • Added a FFB Reset function whenever a session is (re)started (to try prevent issues with users occasionally losing FFB)
  • Implemented advanced transmission code for all cars with dog-type sequential boxes (Marcas, SuperV8, MR18, Lancer RS, Shifter and Superkart) now featuring ignition cut-off in upshifts; if engine / drivetrain RPM mismatch is too great, gear change is not accepted; downshift protection also added to prevent engine over-revving in semi-auto boxes;
  • Added option for manual gear shift override in cars with autoshift electronic aids (such as F-V10 & Camaro SS)
  • Adjusted flatspotting range (slightly more sensitive than previous version)
  • Fixed bug with Mini autoshift driving aid not working correctly
  • Removed launch control being left mistakenly enabled in F3 & Supertruck
  • Tweaked fast line at chicane in second half of lap of Salvador to minimize cars rolling
  • Fixed foggy cockpit windshield in Lancer RS
  • Fixed bug with Renault Fluence LOD in night lighting
  • Various AI adjustments to generally improve their behavior & performance
  • Added a few missing helmet skins + corrected alpha channels for another lot of them
  • Fixed digital LCDs not working in Indian Momentum F-Extreme cars

And indeed it worked! I have never encountered a bad Steam install but apparently I have had my first. I deleted the AMS.exe and did a file integrity check. Steam found 35 invalid files and downloaded accordingly. I launched the sim and tried the Formula Vee's at Caruva? I get the track names mixed up 'cause I'm not Spanish. Anyway, great racing there with the AI @ medium aggression. So I load up the Flat 6 mod @ Barcelona GP and once again had great racing there. The AI are back to behaving themselves by sticking to Their racing line and NOT ramming me. Amazing I say....just amazing. Thank you for the tip...Do you work for Reiza?
No I don't work for Reiza, I just had the same problem like you, glad it worked for you to :)!

anyone running triple screens?

hows the performance?

I'm getting worst performance than AC or R3E which look at least 4 times better.

i'm trying very very hard no to ask for a refund :(

full grid = 44 fps with everything on low.

I wish people would be less dramatic when reporting problems. Everyone knows AMS doesn't look like AC or R3E and the performance should be way above those 2, is it really needed to compare when reporting a problem? Isn't obvious it isn't related to a graphics issue at all? Plus it is early acces....

On the problem try running shadows on high or medium, some PCs have issues with it on full

Reactions: F_B
not being dramatic mate :) just trying very hard to make the game run well to race you guys! thats why im looking for help everywhere.

The purpose of the comparative against R3E and AC was only as a reference on performance! nothing else. If Ac and R3E run very very well on my setup, automobilista should run equal or better, but its running much much worse. And that's why im looking for help.

cheers

No problem, it's just a bit senseless considering the old graphic engine this game runs so it makes obvious the performance issue is not something that comparing with other sim will solve and the "refund" part is a bit annoying for a early access product ;) that worth for any game btw
If you have a problem like this I think starting a new thread may be more usefull, there was a triple screen thread somewhere was looking for it but I can't find it now :redface:

not being dramatic mate :) just trying very hard to make the game run well to race you guys! thats why im looking for help everywhere.

The purpose of the comparative against R3E and AC was only as a reference on performance! nothing else. If Ac and R3E run very very well on my setup, automobilista should run equal or better, but its running much much worse. And that's why im looking for help.

cheers
What's your computer specs spy?

No problem, it's just a bit senseless considering the old graphic engine this game runs so it makes obvious the performance issue is not something that comparing with other sim will solve and the "refund" part is a bit annoying for a early access product ;) that worth for any game btw
If you have a problem like this I think starting a new thread may be more usefull, there was a triple screen thread somewhere was looking for it but I can't find it now :redface:

its because those 45€ are a heavy hit on my tight budget and If I can't race automobilista I have a very short timeframe to ask for refund and the money would be better spent on rfactor2 or something else. So I have to try everything to make it work :)

What's your computer specs spy?

Windows 10
i7 2600K @ 5Ghz
32GB DDR3 1333
AMD Radeon 290x
Catalyst 15.11.1 (as recommended by reiza manual)
1x 1440P 27" freesync 144hz
2x 1080P 22" monitors

resolution: 6400x1440P

Starting line with full grid at Interlagos Super V8 runs at ~45fps with everything on low. If I increase the textures and track detail to high it runs at 30 FPS.

Once I'm alone on track it runs at 80/90fps on low and 45/50fps on high.

So, quite low performance, right?

Is that the same with all cars? I remember Super V8 had shadow problems since SCE no idea if they fixed in AMS.
Really 45 a hard hit when you have this spec? lol wonder how hard it must be for me with an i3 2100 and a HD 7850 running @ 720p :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That is good question. I practiced the combo I was going to race sunday morning. Tomorrow I am racing the mini's but there'l be super v8s on track as well.

I found other people complaining about triple screen performance issues with AMS.

My 290X is overclocked to hell and back, with modded bios, altered ram timings etc. It matches a Fury X in performance. So it becomes a very tall order to accept low framerates on AMS.

I'm inclined to add a second harddrive so I can test the game on windows 7.

• Deleted member 130869

its because those 45€ are a heavy hit on my tight budget and If I can't race automobilista I have a very short timeframe to ask for refund and the money would be better spent on rfactor2 or something else. So I have to try everything to make it work :)

If you struggle with AMS then you have no chance with rF2. You have to crank up the graphics to nearly max for it to look OK, with your setup you will struggle.

ah gotcha :D yes very big hit on my budget.

My Pc is strong yes, but its very old :)

i7 2600K is from 2011 and I got it used. Its luck that it overclocks to 5Ghz.
My two 290X's are from 2013 and each costed me 240$. Bargain.
My watercooling system is very strong but was all purchased piece by piece between 2008 and 2015.

Assetto costed me 27€ in a sale.
R3E costed me 59€ in black friday.
These two games represented 100% of my racing time. So, to pay a full 45$ for AMS, its a high investment.

So, smart choices and the result of low technological advancement in the last 4 years (end of moores law).

@spyshagg

Ok spy heres an interesting thing, a mate of mine has the same CPU as you but with NVidia GTX980
After the second update AMS did his frame rates were appalling, the first time he goes into a race his frames were aroung the 120 mark with triples, then he would go out of AMS and back in and frames would fall to 30-40 and even during one of our races it fell to 6FPS, it was terribly erratic and I tried everything to fix from drivers to removing peripherals etc.
In the end he flew me interstate to rebuild a new machine for him and upgraded CPU motherboard and ram and kept the video card, he now has a healthy 200FPS with everything on full, its just interesting that he had the identical CPU to you.

Have you done a clean install of your windows? I will bet that will fix it

Last edited:
Thanks man, I'm about to pop in another HDD just to test AMS on a clean OS.

Hard to believe a 5ghz i7 cannot make AMS fly. What about folks with i3 and stuff...

Meanwhile at reiza forums must still be weekend as help is M.I.A

Thanks man, I'm about to pop in another HDD just to test AMS on a clean OS.

Hard to believe a 5ghz i7 cannot make AMS fly. What about folks with i3 and stuff...

Meanwhile at reiza forums must still be weekend as help is M.I.A
Again you keep the focus on the wrong points. I have an i3 2100 and I can run 120+ fps easily, the first update they did the game runs so smooth I feel like I'm running with 100+ fps despite having it locked @ 60 (because xfx single fan makes too much noise after this fps >_<)
Try forcing AMS to run on a single core btw

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back