Automobilista EA v0.8.6r RELEASED

19 maart - Reiza Studios
A new EARLY ACCESS build of AMS (v.0.8.6r) has been deployed.

Below are the release notes & main changelog (please make sure to check for some important information regarding the new build):

• V0.8.6r
  • Improved support for Windows User Account Control - now all user-generated files should be stored in MyDocs\Automobilista folder. Users with UAC on will be prompted to create a new profile (if you disable UAC or run as admin however it will still use game folder)
  • Added option to select PLAYER LEVEL after new profile creation (can be changed later from the difficulty menu) - CASUAL / ADVANCED / HARDCORE: depending on level selected, the default settings will be customized accordingly for various Difficulty / Controls / Display options
  • Several new UI improvements & adjustments + version number added to bottom right corner of main menu
  • Further adjusted tire scrub volume calculation, default settings & added Tire Volume Slider to the AUDIO menu
  • Some DynHUD improvements for better stability (& pedal cursors now optional from the editor)
  • Fixed bug with vehicle labels not working
  • Fixed bug with FFB level selection sometimes not sticking
  • Added a FFB Reset function whenever a session is (re)started (to try prevent issues with users occasionally losing FFB)
  • Implemented advanced transmission code for all cars with dog-type sequential boxes (Marcas, SuperV8, MR18, Lancer RS, Shifter and Superkart) now featuring ignition cut-off in upshifts; if engine / drivetrain RPM mismatch is too great, gear change is not accepted; downshift protection also added to prevent engine over-revving in semi-auto boxes;
  • Added option for manual gear shift override in cars with autoshift electronic aids (such as F-V10 & Camaro SS)
  • Adjusted flatspotting range (slightly more sensitive than previous version)
  • Fixed bug with Mini autoshift driving aid not working correctly
  • Removed launch control being left mistakenly enabled in F3 & Supertruck
  • Tweaked fast line at chicane in second half of lap of Salvador to minimize cars rolling
  • Fixed foggy cockpit windshield in Lancer RS
  • Fixed bug with Renault Fluence LOD in night lighting
  • Various AI adjustments to generally improve their behavior & performance
  • Added a few missing helmet skins + corrected alpha channels for another lot of them
  • Fixed digital LCDs not working in Indian Momentum F-Extreme cars

After the update the editor didn't work so I did an integrity check with Steam first.
I loaded the Stock V8. Went in car, checked, the DynHUD was working. Then left and opened the editor and it started working again (I was getting the same error as you).
Configured it. done :)

Attachments

• GRAB_001.JPG
    GRAB_001.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 233
After the update the editor didn't work so I did an integrity check with Steam first.
I loaded the Stock V8. Went in car, checked, the DynHUD was working. Then left and opened the editor and it started working again (I was getting the same error as you).
Configured it. done :)
Strange, Mine works ingame but editor refuses to start and just constantly get the error as stated in previous messages. Trying to do an F1 setup so missing apps to tune, so annoying

Ok found the issue, DYNHud is trying to read User profile from C:/users/YOURUSERNAME/mydocuments/automobilista, simply copy the User data folder from the main install folder to the automobilista folder in my docs. Dont know why it do this now, goona try redirect to correct as i dont want 2 userdata folders. Hope that helps.

Thank you for a professional response. Still, there is something going on with the AI. Some may like them for their style of racing but it doesn't fly with me. You seem to be stuck on the MOD aspect of the AI. In my OP I stated testing was done with STOCK cars and tracks also. Though the problem was not as bad, it still existed. I played RF2 last nite with a variety of MOD CARs and MOD TRACKs with no problems whatsoever. I make that comparison because both products are ISI . BTW....In my opinion...Increasing the aggressive slider should increase the AI's abilities. Like passing and corner entry and exit. It is being implied, because it was suggested I turn down the aggressiveness slider, the AI being more aggressive results in fender bashing demolition derby driving.

I'll just wait it out. AMS as of now is a hotlap simulator. Like GSCE, the AI will probably get better with time.
Hello, you should try a fresh install, I had the same problem with AMS, it was like racing in rF1 in the old days, AI was pushing me out of the track almost constantly and in Kansai with a V10 car they used to crash in the first lap in the 1-2-3-4-5th corners. Yesterday I erased the game and did a fresh install, AI is again peacefull like it was on GSC, have no idea why.

In the pit meny if you want to run with 20L fuel in quali then 100L in race you have to click the mouse button 80 times on the arrow now for some reason. you used to just be able to hold the button on the arrow.
+1 I ran out of time trying to put a full tank of fuel in after dashing to the loo in between quali and race... I normally have enough time but didn't cos of this!

A little feedback.

For the modern F1 cars, I think the default repeat downshift protection is a bit too sensitive; I recommend 2 instead of 4, so you can downshift faster into hairpins:
Code:
Repeat Shifts="2" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

Now that ABS, TC and autoshift modes are button bindable, is it maybe possible to add binding options for things like rev limiter and differential?

About the UI; when you select a car, it is loaded, and the UI freezes temporary which makes it feel sluggish. Would be nice if this can be improved by not showing the 3d car, or load it on a separate thread, or at least show a loading symbol to indicate the UI is frozen.

Thanks for the updates.

Hello, you should try a fresh install, I had the same problem with AMS, it was like racing in rF1 in the old days, AI was pushing me out of the track almost constantly and in Kansai with a V10 car they used to crash in the first lap in the 1-2-3-4-5th corners. Yesterday I erased the game and did a fresh install, AI is again peacefull like it was on GSC, have no idea why.

And indeed it worked! I have never encountered a bad Steam install but apparently I have had my first. I deleted the AMS.exe and did a file integrity check. Steam found 35 invalid files and downloaded accordingly. I launched the sim and tried the Formula Vee's at Caruva? I get the track names mixed up 'cause I'm not Spanish. Anyway, great racing there with the AI @ medium aggression. So I load up the Flat 6 mod @ Barcelona GP and once again had great racing there. The AI are back to behaving themselves by sticking to Their racing line and NOT ramming me. Amazing I say....just amazing. Thank you for the tip...Do you work for Reiza?

In the pit meny if you want to run with 20L fuel in quali then 100L in race you have to click the mouse button 80 times on the arrow now for some reason. you used to just be able to hold the button on the arrow.
Sa
I really hope they will fix this soon is really annoying

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing