Automobilista Development Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Copa Montana.jpg

Reiza Studios remain hard at work developing Early Access title Automobilista and as the studio nears its latest public release further details have been revealed regarding future development of the title.

Biggest news for the upcoming version 0.9.3 will be the public release of both the Boxer Cup car and American racetrack Virginia International Raceway.

Both the Boxer and VIR are playable with the beta backers version of the title and have received plenty of positive reactions from gamers so far. The Boxer Cup car is an entertaining drive backed by immersive sounds and will surely become a favorite choice for AMS players upon release.

ViR has been recreated with the usual attention to detail lavished on Reiza created tracks and this unusual and challenging circuit will make a fine addition to the interesting and lesser known tracks already found in the title.

As well as previewing the upcoming new public build content Reiza have given a first viewing of some additional new content they hope to add to the game in the next few weeks. Now defunct Brazilian racing series the Copa Montana truck series as well as the Speedland kart track and Mendig Gymkhana location are well advanced and can be seen in the previews within this article.

AMS_kart_Speedland2.jpg

Of course this new content comes at no additional cost to Automobilista Early Access owners and Reiza Studios expect to update the game with the new additions during the next 3 weeks. Keep an eye out on RaceDepartment for news of when these new items release.

As well as the new, free, content coming to AMS the team over in Brazil have revealed details of the first round of premium DLC content making its way into the game.

Brands Hatch in Great Britain is the first of 3 British circuits coming to Automobilista (Oulton Park and Cadwell Park will be included at a later date). One would assume the AMS Brands Hatch will include both the National and Grand Prix version of the circuit, however this has yet to be confirmed by the studio.

As well as the paid DLC Reiza are also releasing a high performance open wheel car from yesteryear, the Formula Vintage.

Very early preview WIP shots of the first paid DLC car for AMS, the Ultima GTR have been revealed, showing off some detailed moddling already undertaken by the studio. Reiza have confirmed the Ultima will be the first DLC car released and it should be a nice addition to the game for those with a taste for mid performance GT sports cars.

An early preview shot of the GTR can be seen below:
AMS Ultima_GTR_WIP.jpg

Further work is also well underway developing back end functionality around the web portal and integration with the game, hopefully improving usability of the title and bringing a more streamlined approach to various online elements of the game.

The free AMS dedicated tool via Steam is now in beta and should be made available shortly - league runners interested in giving the beta a try feel free to contact Renato Simioni via PM for advanced access.

There will be in between 10-12 DLC items released over the remainder of 2016, each item including either one completely new series or venue, with prices for each item ranging from US$ 2.99 to US$ 4.99

RaceDepartment have a huge selection of quality mods available to download for Automobilista right now, have a look at our AMS forum for download links and reviews, user created setups and of course our highly popular Automobilista Racing Club.

AMS Boxer Cup 1.jpg AMS Boxer Cup 2.jpg AMS_Mendig3.jpg

What do you think about the new content screenshots? Which one are you looking forward to the most? How are you enjoying AMS? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think about the new content screenshots?
They make me think, "wow I REALLY don't regret I purchased this game a week ago!":)he he

Also, I know it's a detail, but I'm really appreciating the clouds in the last pics.
Almost as good as iracing. :)
I wish they would improve the night lights though.:unsure:

Can't wait for Cadwell Park especially!:inlove:

Yeah I agree, AMS is soooooooo money well spent!

To think it is a reasonably new title and the team have yet to fully dig deep into the ISI gmotor code since they licenced the full package from ISI...

I feel this game will only get better and better as time goes on. Plus those Copa Montana's.... my kind of "car".

I love racing sims. Its awesome!

I personally think Reiza are doing a fantastic job with the Sim....I think it is their first real effort in developing a completed Sim (correct me if I am wrong) as they were modders before....so hats off to them for competing with the big Sim development houses....I will be watching / waiting for their next new Sim development, whenever that comes along.

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation! Whilst I am sure that most simracers here will be familiar with most of the things we explain in that video, it was fun to do that presentation and we got a lot of good feedback. A lot of people had a go themselves in the simulator we brought to the event (SimSteering wheel, triple screens, Heusinkveld GT cockpit and pedals). The most amazing to most that had never simraced before was he force feedback they got through the wheel. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation! Whilst I am sure that most simracers here will be familiar with most of the things we explain in that video, it was fun to do that presentation and we got a lot of good feedback. A lot of people had a go themselves in the simulator we brought to the event (SimSteering wheel, triple screens, Heusinkveld GT cockpit and pedals). The most amazing to most that had never simraced before was he force feedback they got through the wheel. :)
How does the cooperation between Luminis and AMS work? Was it just for the purpose of the presentation at Devcon?

Looking forward to seeing AMS being developed going forward, you guys are already doing a great job with limited means (comparatively speaking) :thumbsup:

How does the cooperation between Luminis and AMS work? Was it just for the purpose of the presentation at Devcon?

About a year ago, @Renato Simioni and I got talking about collaborating on AMS because of my experience with the gMotor engine and Steam at ISI and since Reiza Studios obtained a source license we ended up doing a considerable amount of "code development" work. Of course, my colleague Tran and me are just two people that are part of the larger Reiza team. Like many in the team we are contracted to do the work, but for us an important reason to be a part of this is obviously our love for simracing. That is also why we wanted to present about AMS at our own DevCon, to show others how cool and advanced simracing has become!

About a year ago, @Renato Simioni and I got talking about collaborating on AMS because of my experience with the gMotor engine and Steam at ISI and since Reiza Studios obtained a source license we ended up doing a considerable amount of "code development" work. Of course, my colleague Tran and me are just two people that are part of the larger Reiza team. Like many in the team we are contracted to do the work, but for us an important reason to be a part of this is obviously our love for simracing. That is also why we wanted to present about AMS at our own DevCon, to show others how cool and advanced simracing has become!

Thanks--great presentation. You (collectively) are focusing on all the most important areas that needed attention in rF1. Maintaining this path and growing it even further, while combining a new graphics engine will surely make the next generation product a big winner.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%