Automobilista build v0.9.36 released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Reiza Studios Automobilista title has reached build version 0.9.36 after the Brazilian studio released two small hotfix updates for the Steam Early Access sim.

Following the recent large patch and new content additions in the form of Virginia International Raceway and the brutish Boxer Cup Reiza have identified several areas of the game requiring additional attention. Initially releasing hotfix 0.9.35 to address the issues further development work has led to the swift release of another small patch update, leaving the game at version 0.9.36 and hopefully addressing the remaining issues left over from the most recent update.

No new content has been included in the latest patches, however additional skins for the F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12 have been included alongside other minor enhancements to the game.

Changelog v 0.9.35
  • Fixed bug which caused AI cars to appear "sinking" in a saved replay (may compromise older replays)
  • DynHUD: Hopefully fixed instabilities in displayed lap times; Vehicle number from VehicleInfo is now handled as a String; Fixed FastestLapWidget visibility in non race sessions
  • Corrected bug with auto-blip not being effective with sequential boxes
  • Added remaining modified skins for F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12
  • Adjusted flatspot textures to be darker (more visible)
  • Tweaked AI behavior to be a bit less agressive in close racing conditions
  • VIR: Moved trash cans back in Pit Area, included updated road texture
  • F-Reiza: Fixed bug with soft tire not producing flatspots
  • F-Extreme: Adjusted default setup
  • Boxer Cup: Added team names; adjusted wheel rates, aero & tire wear
  • StockV8: Corrected minor error with rear left damper
  • F3: Revised tires, adjusted aero draft effects
  • MR18: Fixed error with aero balance in draft
  • Kart 125cc: Fixed RPM clipping above 10k revs
  • Kart Rental: Fixed bug with tires not picking up dirt
Changelog 0.9.36
  • Fixed bug causing opponent cars to appear "floating" in multiplayer
  • Fixed Boxer Cup championship mode to load the correct series
  • DynHUD: Fixed multiview support for MapWidget
  • Slightly tweaked AI performance for F-Extreme, F-3 & Boxer Cup

Have a look at our RaceDepartment Automobilista forum for the latest news, discussions and game modifciations as well as our outstanding AMS Racing Club.

Interesting in mods for AMS? Maybe you will find something you missed in one of our monthly AMS Modding Roundup articles? Check out May's edition here.

Do you enjoy AMS? What would you like to see in future updates? Does the latest hotfix resolve issues you have had post Boxer Cup patch? Let us know in the comments section below!

I have no idea of what happened, but after this patch, AMS was not shown as installed on my Steam Library, but the files were all there. Had to re-install but without the need to re-download the entire game.

Also, last sunday I was thrown away from a multiplayer server while racing. Heard people was having the same issue using DynHUD.

But really, I'm loving this sim. Can't wait for a Boxer Cup!

Last edited:
The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Boxer Cup felt pretty good already. It does feel pretty much the same to me, as I have been running it on my own to learn the car better.

EDIT: For anyone using GID HUD, do remember to re-install it as this patch will break it again.

I have no idea of what happened, but after this patch, AMS was not show as installed on my Steam Library, but the files were all there. Had to re-install but without the need to re-download the entire game.

Also, last sunday I was thrown away from a multiplayer server while racing. Heard people was having the same issue using DynHUD.

But really, I'm loving this sim. Can't wait for a Boxer Cup!

Hi Wedge, any plans for an AMS custom hud?

DynHUD has become a pain in the a** :mad: Lots of stuttering when I enable it :mad: But GID saves the day every time :)

I know GID works, only problem is, a lot of my drivers don't know how to work it and I spend hours explaining to them which takes my practice time away etc. Running a league uses a lot of time without still using it to sort out hud problems.
This problem is becoming a real game-breaker for online racing and no solution yet!.
There are 2 MAIN issues to be fixed....

1. The freezing HUD (At random times, but mostly at start of race or when someone joins in ANY session.))

2. DC from game when someone joins or session changes.

I know GID works, only problem is, a lot of my drivers don't know how to work it and I spend hours explaining to them which takes my practice time away etc. Running a league uses a lot of time without still using it to sort out hud problems.
This problem is becoming a real game-breaker for online racing and no solution yet!.

1. The freezing HUD (At random times, but mostly at start of race or when someone joins in ANY session.))

Eell I agree with you but lets keep in mind this game is still EA and they are working on kt ;)

Btw...why to explain them. PDF is included and they can take some time to figure it out :) That's what we all had to do :)

I agree, I have doubt DynHUD will be a good solution on long term. Until there is the option I will use the old hud.
Btw, I am sure reiza guys will fix this as usual, they are a very good team!!!

From last automobilista's updates, the video graphics of my autmobilista looks worst. Has someone the same problem? I try to modify video settings but I don't have a lot of options to improve the video settings... It looks like if lacked the antialiasing option. I don't know if I am explaining...

From last automobilista's updates, the video graphics of my autmobilista looks worst. Has someone the same problem? I try to modify video settings but I don't have a lot of options to improve the video settings... It looks like if lacked the antialiasing option. I don't know if I am explaining...

If I understood you correctly it looks a little bit jagged...like there is no A at all? I am having this problem from the starting of playing this game. I solved it by increasing resolution to 4K (nVidia DSR :D)

Great, steering profile has been deleted again. And the wheel goes apeshit as soon as I enter the car :thumbsdown:

Edit: Blame Logitech/Windows. Device ID and name changed, can be fixed by removing and reinstalling drivers.

Last edited:
Every time I close the game Windows tells me that the game has crashed. Not a big deal when as it's only when I exit the game but thought it was worth mentioning.

FIX: Renato suggested this:
"Could folks with this issue try deleting credits.txt from \UIData folder..."

Last edited:
search for this in the Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Automobilista \ Series \ Reiza21.srs

// Seasons:

Season = Boxer Cup
{
FullSeasonName = Boxer Cup
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |LancerDirt <-- change to BoxerCup <--

should look like this

// Seasons:

Season = Boxer Cup
{