Automobilista 1.4.7 and Ibarra Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Ibarra 4.jpg

Automobilista has been updated to build 1.4.7 today, adding new content and plenty of improvements to the highly regarded racing simulation.

The sizeable new build release addresses several outstanding issues within the simulation as well as adding some interesting new features and improvements, not least of which will be the support for surround sound within AMS, something that has been long requested by fans and should make a substantial improvement to the audio side of the simulation.

Other noteworthy changes for the new release include texture updates for Floripa, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Ribeirao, Ortona and Velopark as well as pit tyre threshold improvements, which should result in a better use of tyre life management and pitstop routines for the AI cars in races where mandatory pitstops are not enabled.

You can check out the full changelog for build 1.4.7 below:

CONTENT
  • Added Ibarra track (two layouts: normal & reverse)

FEATURES & FIXES
  • Added surround sound support (please run AMS Config to set up your audio output properly)
  • Multiplayer lobby improvements: General UI Tweaks; Pinned Reiza Servers; Improved Server Sorting; Added Series to Lobby; Added Bookmarks to list and ability to add / remove bookmarks; Fixed Beta in game Lobby; Added classification to server details; Fixed General Steam plugin issues, including reporting of Series, Players vs AI count and more
  • Added Upper Deadzone for Axis Settings
  • Fixed loading of FFB levels when game was set to 360hz, and the loaded level had 180hz
  • Updated Xbox One and 360 controller presets to XInput. Fixed clutch assignment on G25 Preset
  • Added XInput support (no FFB yet but will be added in the next release)
  • Improved info when creating a new profile about auto loaded preset on controller page.
  • Added button on Controller setting to detect the best preset for your controller.
  • Added Auto Loading for Xbox One controller.
  • Forced default controller profiles to resync to users game folder at every game load
  • Added global Cockpit Preference Option (for driver arms, LHD, RHD etc) to Display screen (no longer needs to be set for each car Configuration)
  • Added "Driver Arm Rotation Lock" option to PLR file for users who wish to disable the 90º rotation lock when arms are enabled (please note this may cause severe clipping at larger angles)
  • Several minor UI Adjustments
  • Fixed bug to display current Opponent Tire Compound color in multiplayer
  • Fixed Inconsistencies with Start Grid Position when changing AI Numbers on Single Race
  • Fixed Pit Box objects showing when there are always cars visible
  • Fixed a couple of bugs that could cause the game to crash in Championship mode
  • Fixed bug with in-game multiplayer game creation settings not working
  • Fixed bug where tire compound in replay would overwrite current setup
  • Fixed bug in AI pit strategy that could cause the AI to come repeatedly into the pits needlessly
  • Upscaled all vehicle body LOD Out values from 600 to 750m to address cars lodding in and out on long visible track segments
  • Updated road & terrain textures for Floripa, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Ribeirao, Ortona, Velopark to latest standards
  • Several minor shader improvements: a bit of AO to Ambient Lighting on Terrains; diffuse scroll shaders with and with out fog; Adjusted tree shader so it acts more naturally at dusk
  • Adjusted AI draft values so it remains in draft a little longer
  • Adjusted pit tire thresholds, making AI stay out longer into tire life for series where tire stops are not regular
  • Enabled pit menu refuelling on physics level (so now refuelling is determined fully by SRS setting - allowed in all cars / tracks, follows series actual regulations in their respective SRS)
  • Added / corrected aid weight penalties for cars that were missing them
  • Updated Push-to-pass boost values in Stock Car, Montana
  • Jaca Historic: Fixed crash when loading
  • VIR: Fixed flickering on paddock buildings
  • Kansai: Improved AO on main grandstand and pit building
  • Cadwell & Spielberg Historic: Fixed flickering on overhead signs/bridges at T1
  • Ortona: Fixed flickering on pit building at a distance
  • F-Ultimate: updated HALO model
  • F-V12: Fixed ID error for Time Trial mode
  • F3: Fixed F309 cockpit mirrors
  • Marcas: Updated onboard sounds

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users
: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.7_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.54 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

Automobilista Ibarra 1.jpg
Automobilista Ibarra 5.jpg
Automobilista Ibarra 8.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Automobilista Ibarra 2.jpg Automobilista Ibarra 3.jpg Automobilista Ibarra 6.jpg Automobilista Ibarra 7.jpg

Impressed with the new circuit addition? Happy with the update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ha ha...at Ibarra, I haven't even noticed the lake, too busy setting up for that wicked chicane at the end of the straight that goes into a full braking hairpin. Diabolical.Might stop and check out the view next time.....

just imagine flying in super trucks with vr or cruising in formula trucks
i cry everytime when i realize what i miss here

btw whats with people asking about ams dx11? its basically confirmed for over a year its gonna stay as it is with next title getting all shiny next gen treatment, same with weather and stuff, cmon folks, just dive into lecture :coffee:
Where is the lecture?? Can't anything related to the next gen?

Ha ha...at Ibarra, I haven't even noticed the lake, too busy setting up for that wicked chicane at the end of the straight that goes into a full braking hairpin. Diabolical.Might stop and check out the view next time.....
You should, it's beautiful! Also to imagine what'd be like to race round the whole lake, as they used to do!

I'm rather enjoying the Copa Petrobras de Marcas championship currently.....It's the series I think brings out the best of Automobilista. Appreciate the meaningful updates Reiza puts in this title, and goes to show what can still be produced out of isimotor2.
After al the updates they have made to the core code, it's closer to a alternative version of ISI motor 3.0.

And yeah, someone who doesn't play AMS simply because it doesn't have VR (assuming the person still has triples) misses helluva lot. VR isn't that great, I had Oculus for around 1 month, happily switched back to my triples, never looked back. Because the resolution is terrible, even with 2.0 super sampling
Yeah.. no... VR IS Great... it's actually really bloody great.. But i still happily play AMS on my monitors and can get totally absorbed in it.. It would just be good to have the option.. I often go back and play the games that support VR on my triples as sometimes i just can't do VR for extended periods of time..

But there really is nothing that can compare with say.. the USF2000 in VR around Poznan.. or even the Porsche around Bathurst in iRacing.. Amazing immersion.. YMMV!

Didn't Wolfgang Reip say that he doesn't use VR if he wants to win races or to be competitive, only for learning tracks/having fun... and that he doesn't use VR in Dirt Rally because it makes him motion sick + his most common sim activity is hotlapping in AMS because he doesn't feel VR is a must, and he thought it's most realistic consumer sim out there. (AC being second, in his subjective opinion)

And yeah, someone who doesn't play AMS simply because it doesn't have VR (assuming the person still has triples) misses helluva lot. VR isn't that great, I had Oculus for around 1 month, happily switched back to my triples, never looked back. Because the resolution is terrible, even with 2.0 super sampling

VR is a meme, Im sick of seeing people begging for it as though its gonna make them better/faster.

I just order another monitor so I can go back to triple screens.

Ibarra is great looking track, damn good job Reiza.

Maybe I'm odd, but I enjoy the reverse version more. Wondering if they actually do race that reversed IRL or if it's just to show the visuals Reiza did from 2 directions. Either way, I think it's great thing, feels like different track

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%