Automobilista 1.4.7.2 Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Hotfix Release 2 .jpg

A hotfix build update for Automobilista has been released today on Steam.

The new hotfix, dubbed build 1.4.7.2, has been deployed to the Automobilista racing simulation today on the steam platform, addressing some of the more prominent issues that have occurred with this excellent racing simulation following the big build update released by Reiza Studios back on Saturday 2nd.

When the Brazilian development team deployed 1.4.7 last week, it very quickly became apparent that several unforeseen issues had surfaced within the game for a number of players. Although a workaround solution to the online server accessibility issue was shared with the wider community soon after release, Reiza have acted quickly to acknowledge the problems and work towards bringing a more permanent solution to the game.

Released earlier today as a free update, build 1.4.7.2 addresses many of the main issues that developed following the latest release, and should provide a solution to the online lobby issue encountered by most players in recent days.

You can check out the hotfix changelog below;
  • Fixed a few issues with multiplayer lobby, including bug that could cause lobby list not to show up
  • Fixed a bug in which if user's My Documents folder is a Drive's root folder, the game does not work creating the player file when (just stays on the enter driver name screen)
  • Fixed bug where controller input would register complete left when exactly 0 input was given
  • Fixed other engine sounds playing out of time
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts with other distant cars on external cameras
  • Tykki: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
  • Ibarra: Optimized AI line through first and last corners
  • F-Retro: Fixed AI fuel estimate

Automobilista (AMS) is available exclusively to PC via the Steam network.

Automobilista Hotfix Release.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Have you tried the new hotfix update? Has it resolved the online lobby issue for you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Drove the camaro around ibarra this morning which was a nice combo.
Few issues tho....
Audio iam getting alot of static crackling noise after gear shifts, after curbs and coming back on track.
In the menus if you move your cursor quickly over menu options that have an audiable sound it crackles. Very noticeable when you turn the menu music off. I thought it was my headset but it does not do this in any other title or in windows.

After exiting the game steam minimalizes itself to 3/4 of my display....very minor

Thrustmaster profile doesnt revert back to 900 after playing

Ill post my settings and gear when I get home.
On a positive, ive found a fix to the stuttering and pauses i was getting. Switched from nvidia adaptive vsync to fast and is now running smooth.

Last edited:
Update who brings big problem for those who use a controller/gamepad with the deadzone.
don't know what happened there but something went wrong.
Now the game have a big deadzone even at 0% deadzone....preset :D
Makes the game unplayable, and yes guys we can play AMS with a pad.

AMS is by the way ( at least before the update) the most accurate sim with a pad, more than AC.
So nothing to compare with you guys who have a wheel, but until i get a wheel , we had a blast of fun with the game , believe it or not.
Before the update, a whisper on the left stick made the car move on track, now, this is all broken.
the 1.4.7 build was a perfection, except for online lobbies, but i play only against AI until i have a wheel, then i will join the online races, so i wasn't concerned by :D

Reiza will fix this , they can't let things like that, it's obvious
I hope they will fix this asap because Automobilista is a so great great game/sim.
and i want to drive :)

EDIT: and we need 0% deadzone for the brakes and throttle too, it is as important as for left stick.

Last edited:
Update who brings big problem for those who use a controller/gamepad with the deadzone.
don't know what happened there but something went wrong.
Now the game have a big deadzone even at 0% deadzone....preset :D
Makes the game unplayable, and yes guys we can play AMS with a pad.

AMS is by the way ( at least before the update) the most accurate sim with a pad, more than AC.
So nothing to compare with you guys who have a wheel, but until i get a wheel , we had a blast of fun with the game , believe it or not.
Before the update, a whisper on the left stick made the car move on track, now, this is all broken.
the 1.4.7 build was a perfection, except for online lobbies, but i play only against AI until i have a wheel, then i will join the online races, so i wasn't concerned by :D

Reiza will fix this , they can't let things like that, it's obvious
I hope they will fix this asap because Automobilista is a so great great game/sim.
and i want to drive :)

EDIT: and we need 0% deadzone for the brakes and throttle too, it is as important as for left stick.

There's no reason for such change, so it's placebo ;) there was meant to be a change in deadzone settings but it has been withdrawn before release for further refinement. It has not been included so, as I said, your mind is doing tricks on you ;)

Few issues tho....
Audio iam getting alot of static crackling noise after gear shifts, after curbs and coming back on track.
In the menus if you move your cursor quickly over menu options that have an audiable sound it crackles. Very noticeable when you turn the menu music off. I thought it was my headset but it does not do this in any other title or in windows.

The static and crackling has always been there for those of us with higher-end audio. In fact, it was there all the way back in rFactor, too. Reiza has been working on it, but I don't think there are any promises considering how entrenched the problem is. My fingers are crossed.

Man, I really love this sim, even with the old graphics. You have to really appreciate this sim, it is so well made and the driving is excellent!. For me the open wheel V10's and Formula Classics are my all time favorites!, What a blast to drive them.

It's just too bad that there are no mods and Reiza has no interest in adding a simple type of a career mode similar to F1 2017 but with driver/ engine team changes..etc. Not asking for a management type sim, but something more simple management. That is all it currently needs IMO. I know there is a "Championship" mode but there is nothing exciting about it, and once it is over, just rinse and repeat. The AI is that good to add a career mode to AMS that I would probably be so immerse in it for hours and hours.

I wish I knew how to program and mod something like a career mod for AMS...Anybody out there smart enough to do it?...lol

There's no reason for such change, so it's placebo ;) there was meant to be a change in deadzone settings but it has been withdrawn before release for further refinement. It has not been included so, as I said, your mind is doing tricks on you ;)
what the **** are you talking about?
on their forums, Reiza himself said they are aware of this problem et they will fix that in next update.
so minds is doing tricks on Reiza too ?:O_o:
built in controller deadzone bug they called that, Alex himself said it was after Microsoft recommendation, but it's a fail, and they will change that.
read that, this is other people wich mind playing tricks on them ahaha :
https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...one-gamepad-on-automobilista.2538/#post-27395

you think we can't make the difference beetwin 0% deadzone and 20 % deadzone bug ?
hey Mc fly!
If you have a 20% deadzone with your wheel , you won't noticed that , really?
you should read what reiza said about this, and just comment when you know what you're talking about.

this is drive me crazy,when you have nothing to say in general, the better thing to do in most cases is to shut your mouth, really...
unbelievable...this guy denied our feelings, he denied what Reiza said, Leon_90 knows better than us and better than Reiza.

Fair enough and have a nice day!

Just nine o'clock in the morning but enough internet for me today.

EDIT: and by the way Leon_90, you doesn't exist, life is not real, our minds playing trick on us!
take the red pill Neo!
And the guy who rated him "agree" , please man , throw yourself in the sea. (don't know if it means something in english but...)

Last edited:
Drove the camaro around ibarra this morning which was a nice combo.
Few issues tho....

After exiting the game steam minimalizes itself to 3/4 of my display....very minor

Thrustmaster profile doesnt revert back to 900 after playing

Ill post my settings and gear when I get home.
On a positive, ive found a fix to the stuttering and pauses i was getting. Switched from nvidia adaptive vsync to fast and is now running smooth.

ho ho ho, there's no reason for such change so it's placebo
your mind is doing tricks on you Kurupt CDN.
you should talk to Leon_90, he's very aware about placebo "things"
Don't believe your ears, believe Leon_90!

More seriously now, i hear those crackling sounds/noise too.
hope for a fix.

@Monstro just check the release notes and tell me if there's anythin about controller deadzone :D I told you, it was meant to be included but it hasn't been ;) keep it easy
read what alex from Reiza said.
take it easy.
Do you play with a controller or a wheel?
I have 754 hours in AMS with my gamepad on my steam account, and you?
Im sure you do not play a lot AMS with a controller Mc Fly, so i f you can stop trolling this post, it would be very much appreciated.

Or i will begin to think you are quite retarded.

"Fixed bug where controller input would register complete left when exactly 0 input was given"
this is in the patch note, and to solve that Reiza just increased the deadzone, after a Microsoft recommendation and this is where the problems begins

feeling of 0% deadzone and a bug who brings at least something like 20% deadzone even at 0% preset, believe me you see the difference.
you move the left stick and nothing happened until you push it more and more and hop! the wheel turned in a brutal way.
you can forget precison, and smooth driving, and say good bye to any good apex
Before update a whisper, a millimeter move made the car goes right or left on track.
now even at 0% deadzone preset , there is a HUGE deadzone, we have to make at leat 2 centimeters to see the wheel turned.
2 centimeters ==> 1 millimeter, you see the difference?
i can feel it, and the others guys who post on Reiza forums seems to feel it also
so may be it doesn't happened on "xbox 360 " gamepad i don't know, but for "xbox ONE elite" gamepad i can assure you it does.

Alex is a main dev on Reiza and ADMIT they work on this issue.
He has responding us on Reiza beta forums that in the next major build update , he will create in the controller.files.ini a way te recover the precedent build deadzone.
and like that everyone should be happy.
CAN YOU READ Mc Fly?

Last edited:
So you said to Reiza that they admit an issue who doesn't exist infact ?
do you understand that is so easy to see this bug with the data ?

are you a full troll?
because it's obvious you are not a genius.

edit: and i may be wrong, but obvious trolling is not accepted in RD forums.
as my language sometimes but if the moderation wants to punish me i will accept it.
It doesn't change a fact, obvious trolling is not accepted here, it brings this kind of discussion.

Last edited:
@Monstro I am not saying that the problem doesn't exist. It does BUT ONLY IN BETA. That is why it didn't go into public release. The problem with the left input has been solved but not due to dead zone. That was an entirely different question. The left stick was just registering wrong values and they fixed that. The dead zone was sometin Alex would like to include for added precision, and he is still working on it IN BETA. Next release it might go public if everything works well.

@Monstro I am not saying that the problem doesn't exist. It does BUT ONLY IN BETA. That is why it didn't go into public release. The problem with the left input has been solved but not due to dead zone. That was an entirely different question. The left stick was just registering wrong values and they fixed that. The dead zone was sometin Alex would like to include for added precision, and he is still working on it IN BETA. Next release it might go public if everything works well.

what do you mean ?
i play a beta version ?
i had a steam update called 1.4.72 who brings me that horror, so if you know a way to make me play the precedent 1.4.7 build on steam , tell me and i will pay you na beer ( really)
no troll here but if i made a mistake and i play a beta version how can i play the official one with no deadzone "bug" ?

It is hilarious @Monstro that you keep calling me McFly like the retarded guy from Back to the Future did :D LOL

In fact McFly was the genius and him the retarded, what a fail :D
I'll just leave now, have a nice day

you got me this time, i have to admit it :D

but understand it's very annoying to heard someone who denied your reality and your feelings.
and the data btw, cause it is very easy to test it.

what do you mean ?
i play a beta version ?
no troll here but if i made a mistake how can i play the version with no deadzone "bug" ?

thank you, no more insults ;) friends now? :)

just play the public release mate, but if this deadzone setting that is going to be included is not to your liking be sure to follow the beta and the thread in the area51 to keep Alex updated. A similar thing happened to me with AC and I was relentless in having them fixed. So I understand ;) he said that it is going to be customizable so I think you can rest easy

thank you, no more insults ;) friends now? :)

just play the public release mate, but if this deadzone setting that is going to be included is not to your liking be sure to follow the beta and the thread in the area51 to keep Alex updated. A similar thing happened to me with AC and I was relentless in having them fixed. So I understand ;) he said that it is going to be customizable so I think you can rest easy
we are friends now :D
i'm an idiot but how can i play the public release instead of the beta?
i just click on AMS in my steam games and i have this...
i have never ever thinking i was playing a beta version and not official one...

You should have two titles, Automoblista and Automobilista beta. They share the same exe though
i have only one AMS in my steam library :(
the problem is there i think, it is just called "Automobilista"
and it is the 1.4.7.2 ,so... beta version if i understand well
something went wrong here

how can i solve that ?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back