Automation

Thought I might tell you guys about what I'm working on as it may be of interest.

It's not a race sim, but it is car related, its a "Car company tycoon game" where you are tasked with running a car company.

Whilst this concept has been done a few times before ("Detroit" and "Car Tycoon") they really were not that interesting for car nuts, and didn't have much technical detail.

We're going pretty indepth, you'll be designing all your own engines and cars in detail.

See below for a video of me and the lead programmer going through the process of designing a car (and talking trash)

Our website can be found here

Looks great! Regarding the engine performance is it calculated from gas dynamics etc or is it simple empirical relations? What about the engine sound?:)

Best of luck with the development. I will definitely follow this:good:

Engine performance is calculated in a fairly complex fashion, it does take into account gas flows of intake and exhaust, compression ratio etc. etc. and is fairly accurate at reproducing real world figures.

Engine sounds are recorded from real cars, but we may look into a better system in future.

Thought I might tell you guys about what I'm working on as it may be of interest. It's not a race sim, but it is car related. It's a "Car company tycoon game" where you are tasked with running a car company.

Whilst this concept has been done a few times before ("Detroit" and "Car Tycoon") they really were not that interesting for car nuts, and didn't have much technical detail. We're going pretty indepth, you'll be designing all your own engines and cars in detail.

See below for a video of me and the lead programmer going through the process of designing a car (and talking trash)

More information about Automation can be found in this thread on the forum.

Now that looks like fun. Feel free to call me an idiot for missing the point here, but i hope there ends up some way of exporting said vehicles to a sim with stats and all intact, i have a soft spot for production racing and racing a bunch of your own failed machines would be of much awesome. Anyway, even without that it should be entertaining and informative, cheapo hatcho ftw

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%