Automatic wheel rotation degrees

Does this game support automaticallysetting the rotation degrees?
If not, should I set the degrees in my thrustmaster drivers and in game each time I change car? What should I set for the trophy trucks? What about the rally cars?

I think it should be turned on by default, but in case it's not it's in your settings under Controls > Enable custom steering range. Set it to "No" to have the game automatically set the steering range.

I had it set to No with my Fanatec CSR, but the game was not automatically setting the steering range. I had to go into my wheel and limit the range to the in game rotation to match. I may be missing something, but I will try it again to make sure.

This was on of the problems that kept me away from SCE. Driving the Formula cars out of the pits was like driving a truck. Had to turn the wheel 450 degrees to get out of the pits. I have the Fanatec Base V2. Any tipps what settings I should use for FFB and for steering?

Those of you who can't get it to work, does this feature normally work for you in other games?

I don't know how Fanatec or TM wheels work, but for Logitech in the wheel settings (in Windows, not the game) there is an option for "Allow game to adjust settings" which needs to be enabled in order for the automatic settings in AMS to work.

Those of you who can't get it to work, does this feature normally work for you in other games?

I don't know how Fanatec or TM wheels work, but for Logitech in the wheel settings (in Windows, not the game) there is an option for "Allow game to adjust settings" which needs to be enabled in order for the automatic settings in AMS to work.
There is no such setting in the TM controller software I'm afraid.

• Deleted member 197115

No such setting in MMos (OSW) but auto rotation works in AC, not in AMS, it only uses full rotation set in driver, regardless of Custom Steering setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
For TM you should check the Control Panel -> Game Controllers panel if the TM wheel is the first on the list. I experienced that if not, rotation adjustment won't work. Quick workaround is to uninstall the device that is above the wheel from Device Manager and Scan For Hardware Changes. It will put the other device(s) down the list.

This was on of the problems that kept me away from SCE. Driving the Formula cars out of the pits was like driving a truck. Had to turn the wheel 450 degrees to get out of the pits. I have the Fanatec Base V2. Any tipps what settings I should use for FFB and for steering?

Go to garage when you chosen a car and increase the steering lock. Default is at 16. Try 30.

I'm not sure what changed, but automobilista is now perfectly able to change my thrustmaster rotation degrees per car. It even changes the drivers to match! I'm happy I got that sorted. It was a little confusing because the wheel animation can't go past 6 for some reason in the cockpit view, but I meant to disable the wheel anyways

I have a G25. On profiler, I have the steering wheel marked to use 900 degrees and allow game to make changes. It wasn't working at first, but then I marked AMS.exe to run as admin and everything is fine now.
I guess that the game must have proper rights to access and "tell" the wheel to set itself to a specific degree - hence the "run as admin" thing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%