Automatic throttle blip and cut

Is it just me or does this only work when downshifting?

When driving with the paddle shifters and having auto clutch and throttle blip/cut on - the lotus still revs like mad when upshifting, unless i lift the throttle .. Is this how it is supposed to be?

And yes, i know im supposed to learn how to drive stick, wich i wil ;)

I really love the logic in this, that you really can benefit with clutch+h-shifter if you can use it well. :thumbsup:

About the blip/cut, for example with paddles there is autoblip but no auto cut I understand. I think autocut there wouldn't hurt if its done a bit slower than a decent clutch user could do (so no speed benefits). I'm just thinking about the more "casual" players who want to give a try and are not used to that and find it annoying maybe.

Same with the H-shifter maybe..? If someone wants to try a bit more challenge by having to take hand off the wheel once a while. (but still with 'slowish' auto clutch+blip/cut) :)

Just 2 cents from me.
Absolutely love the logic behind it like said.

I really want the Thrustmaster shifter (after I get a cockpit to mount it) Anybody using it and can give feedback?
Yes, it's what i use. I like it alot, presuming you mean the TH8RS. A friend of mine has the Lightning SST and this doesn't feel that much worse. Feels solid as a rock, could do with being a little stiffer at times when using H-shifter mode but great still. Sequential is excellent on it, miles better than the Fanatec and Logitech stuff. For the price it's a really good bIt of kit.

Yes, it's what i use. I like it alot, presuming you mean the TH8RS. A friend of mine has the Lightning SST and this doesn't feel that much worse. Feels solid as a rock, could do with being a little stiffer at times when using H-shifter mode but great still. Sequential is excellent on it, miles better than the Fanatec and Logitech stuff. For the price it's a really good bIt of kit.
When at full tension how much stiffer is it compared to a G27 shifter ?

Also, how long is the USB cable ? Want to be sure as I'm looking into it, and wouldn't want to find myself short !

When at full tension how much stiffer is it compared to a G27 shifter ?

Also, how long is the USB cable ? Want to be sure as I'm looking into it, and wouldn't want to find myself short !

It's a lot stiffer than any of the Logitech and Fanatec stuff, i have owned them all. This is a far superior bit of hardware. Throw is quite long i think but you adjust to it quickly, perfect for classic open wheelers or classic muscle cars. 1st -4th are actually shorter and nicer, i'm pretty sure Derek Speare does an addon for it that shortens the later gears aswell. Personally i don't need it as i'm used to it now, do still miss gears from time to time but nothing like i did with the Logitech plastic one.

This feels really positive when you enable gears. As said aswell Sequential is really really good on it. Cable is around 6ft i think and the unit itself feels bulletproof, feels like it's built to last.

It is intended. We designed it in a way that the less assists you use the more the system forces you to drive realistically and the more realistically you drive, the faster the system let you go.

So:
  • automatic gearbox + autoblip + auto cut + auto clutch -> easiest -> slower
  • manual gearbox + paddles + autoclutch + autoblip - no autocut -> less easy -> a bit faster
  • manual gearbox + paddles - no autoclutch - no autoblip -> hard -> fast
  • manual H shifter -> manual clutch -> harder -> faster

Let's explain this a little bit. It's not like you're going to gain seconds with Hshifter and clutch. It's more like 2-3 tenths maybe and thats for a highly trained and skilled driver that knows how to use clutch and blip and h shifter. An average driver that uses paddles will probably be faster with them because it will have a more precise and easier job behind the wheel.

It sounds perfect to me, please keep this way in the future.

Even if I'm a noob with H shifter by now, always using paddles with automatic clutch before.

It's a lot stiffer than any of the Logitech and Fanatec stuff, i have owned them all. This is a far superior bit of hardware. Throw is quite long i think but you adjust to it quickly, perfect for classic open wheelers or classic muscle cars. 1st -4th are actually shorter and nicer, i'm pretty sure Derek Speare does an addon for it that shortens the later gears aswell. Personally i don't need it as i'm used to it now, do still miss gears from time to time but nothing like i did with the Logitech plastic one.

This feels really positive when you enable gears. As said aswell Sequential is really really good on it. Cable is around 6ft i think and the unit itself feels bulletproof, feels like it's built to last.
Looks like I'll have to get my wallet out, cheers :)

Hi Olivier,

It's a kind of electronic "heal & toe" for down shifting.
I could be wrong but I believe "Blipping" is where you press the throttle a little to match the revs to the gear you are shifting down into or the car will jolt - race cars don't have a synchroniser like in road cars (i think).

so people use heel and toe where they have the right foot on the throttle, then they move the toe across to the brake before "blipping" throttle with the heel .finally they move the right foot back to the throttle.

Personally I've never learned it as my throttle and brake seem too far apart and most competitive racers use sequential e.g sim racers and real wtcc and f1 racers. so in line with real life i use sequential . now that AC has come along with real sports cars, i think it's time to learn with my H shifter

Personally I've never learned it as my throttle and brake seem too far apart and most competitive racers use sequential e.g sim racers and real wtcc and f1 racers. so in line with real life i use sequential . now that AC has come along with real sports cars, i think it's time to learn with my H shifter
Well, I'm been fairly successful in Virtual Touring Car racing and I've always driven the cars like they had to be driven.

V8 Supercars: Sequential, no lift on upshift, Heel and Toe/Clutch on downshift.
Clio Cup: Same as V8 Supercar
80's Group A Touring Car: H-Shifter, Lift/Clutch on upshift, Heel and Toe/Clutch on downshift
Mini Challenge: Same as Group A
Very soon, DRM Group 5: Same as Group A

And that's on rFactor where it's actually penalising to do this, so yeah, it's possible :p

Well, I'm been fairly successful in Virtual Touring Car racing and I've always driven the cars like they had to be driven.

V8 Supercars: Sequential, no lift on upshift, Heel and Toe/Clutch on downshift.
Clio Cup: Same as V8 Supercar
80's Group A Touring Car: H-Shifter, Lift/Clutch on upshift, Heel and Toe/Clutch on downshift
Mini Challenge: Same as Group A
Very soon, DRM Group 5: Same as Group A

And that's on rFactor where it's actually penalising to do this, so yeah, it's possible :p
yes, i remember asking you and some others on another site and you saying...but u sounded like one of the few to do it. i'm more of an open wheel fan i.e. f1 and on there, they use sequential with clutch button on paddles i believe. i really need to learn both :)

i'm assuming you hold the throttle a little until the lower gear is engaged and that it's just done very quickly so you can barely see it?
think i need to perfect my steering and braking first lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back