1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto chat

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Lan3y, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Is there any way to auto announce an advert within the server

either upon join or globally?
  2. any answer on this at all?
  3. Been looking around and still not found anything yet
  4. If a dedicated server you can customize the settings screens a message to entering the server, welcome for example or any other. As admin, you also have the freedom to other actions.

Hope that helps.
  5. This only displays text on the server select screen which has been disabled by Reiza i believe
  6. I do not understand. You can customize the message in two ways: Dedicated Server Settings or file "multiplayer.ini" for the same.
    Include the message in field "MOTD" (Message of the day).
  7. Yes but from what i can tell the MOTD populates text which should be displayed in the server list which is disabled in GSCE.
  8. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I believe it doesn't appear, no. I don't think it is possible to auto announce an advert (which personally is better - I'd hate to join a server and get an advert, especially if it broadcast to everyone every time someone joined)
  9. My rationale behind the post is that we are currently short on a few racers for a league yet the public server is always full. I would like the ability to send an automated recruitment message every 15 mins or so
  10. Nox

Staff Premium Member

That would be bad, especially if I was racing, to see that pop up so often... just saying. But I get what you mean. You can post your community details here, which may help (if you haven't already done so) and put your website name in the server name; serious sim racers will then go to the site by themselves if they want more like leagues. Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing I suppose :)