1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Auto chat

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Lan3y, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Lan3y

Lan3y

Ratings:
    +84
    Is there any way to auto announce an advert within the server

either upon join or globally?

2. Lan3y

Lan3y

Ratings:
    +84
    any answer on this at all?

3. Lan3y

Lan3y

Ratings:
    +84
    Been looking around and still not found anything yet

4. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
    If a dedicated server you can customize the settings screens a message to entering the server, welcome for example or any other. As admin, you also have the freedom to other actions.

Hope that helps.

5. Lan3y

Lan3y

Ratings:
    +84
    This only displays text on the server select screen which has been disabled by Reiza i believe

6. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
    I do not understand. You can customize the message in two ways: Dedicated Server Settings or file "multiplayer.ini" for the same.
    Include the message in field "MOTD" (Message of the day).

7. Lan3y

Lan3y

Ratings:
    +84
    Yes but from what i can tell the MOTD populates text which should be displayed in the server list which is disabled in GSCE.

8. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,323
    I believe it doesn't appear, no. I don't think it is possible to auto announce an advert (which personally is better - I'd hate to join a server and get an advert, especially if it broadcast to everyone every time someone joined)

9. Lan3y

Lan3y

Ratings:
    +84
    My rationale behind the post is that we are currently short on a few racers for a league yet the public server is always full. I would like the ability to send an automated recruitment message every 15 mins or so

10. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,323
    That would be bad, especially if I was racing, to see that pop up so often... just saying. But I get what you mean. You can post your community details here, which may help (if you haven't already done so) and put your website name in the server name; serious sim racers will then go to the site by themselves if they want more like leagues. Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing I suppose :)