1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austrian Grand Prix To Return In 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 24, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  2. Petar Tasev

Petar Tasev
    Ryder25

Nice, but that does sound incredibly busy. Looking forward to a great 2014 season! :cool:

3. Until they have 48 races a year they are just slacking. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I say this: Just awesome

5. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Awsome, but sadly Mr.Ecclestone said today, no more then 20 races...... let's see what will happen. Hopefully I am getting it wrong....

6. A picture of a Ferrari dominating the F1... good old times :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's great to see Austria is back. With the addition of New Jersey, Sochi and the Red Bull Ring the F1 will have 22 races. As mentioned above, Bernie wants 20 races so 2 GP's will disappear. I'm guessing it will be Korea that'll be one of it, since that GP is unpopular and creates financial loss from the 1st Korean GP already. Second GP to be deleted from the calender ? I don't know. Maybe India.

8. I hope not, it's definitely the best one out of all recently introduced tracks (yes, I like it more than CotA, it's much more "flowy").
    Besides, India is a pretty important market for the car manufacturers and the Indian sponsors would object as well.
    I wouldn't cry my eyes out after Bahrain, but it's the same thing with the market. There's just too much cash in the middle east to take away a GP from there because of annoyances like small riots or too many races.

9. I hope India stays aswell. Because i really like the circuit. They have TATA motors there indeed which is quite a big car manufacturer aswell. Wouldn't mind if Bahrain will be deleted from the calendar too. Although the circuit itself is quite nice, the fact that it lays in the middle of the desert makes it less interesting + the country itself has a gained a bad reputation.

10. Brilliant track. Really looking forward to seeing F1 cars go around there again. Korea needs to go in my opinion but I really hope we dont see Japan dropped. That would be a huge shame.

11. AMS reports that it really might be India (for tax reasons) :O_o: