Austrian Grand Prix Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Driver of the Day - Austrian.jpg

With the 2017 Austrian Grand Prix completed, who do you think has done enough to earn our 'Driver of the Day' award?

Another win for Finnish star Valtteri Bottas, a hard earned podium for home team Red Bull, a majestic recovery by Williams drivers Felipe Massa and Lance Stroll, or Palmer just missing out on points in the Renault, plenty of good drives today, but who's was best?

Vote now for your 2017 Austrian Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'!

Great race by Valterri. I did not know he was so close in the Championship. If VET loses out due to the Ferrari becoming more uncompetitive as the season goes on... Would not mind seeing Bottas going on to win it

Hamilton is such a sulky mard arse. Im starting to want my fellow countryman to lose out on the title, just hate his interviews when he's butt hurt. Ricciardo DOD as he stopped the insufferable Hamilton from making a podium.
Lewis does not seem to lose "gracefully". It speaks volumes for his competitive nature as he is never happy for anything less than 1st... but it makes it hard to like him. I was a huge Hamilton fan up until 2014 after that he started dropping out of my favourites, but I still respect him as a driver and a huge talent.

Last edited:
Lewis does not seem to lose "gracefully". It speaks volumes for his competitive nature as he is never happy for anything less than 1st but it makes it hard to like him. I was a huge Hamilton fan up until 2014 after that he started dropping out of my favourites, but I still respect him as a driver and a huge talent.
Indeed it does, i completely agree about the talent, i believe he is the quickest driver on the grid but i find his interviews intolerable even when he wins it to me lookes like fake sincerity. Im sure he doesn't care what i think tho. Part of me still wants him to do it but each year i care less wether he wins or not. He would have ruined the podium celebrations today, Daniel is a breath of fresh air.

Lewis does not seem to lose "gracefully". It speaks volumes for his competitive nature as he is never happy for anything less than 1st but it makes it hard to like him. I was a huge Hamilton fan up until 2014 after that he started dropping out of my favourites, but I still respect him as a driver and a huge talent.

If you take losing easily then you're never gonna win anything.

Don't you remember Ricciardo after Barcelona last year when Verstappen won? Or Ricciardo after Monaco last year?

All the great drivers spit their dummy out when they lose, that will to win is what makes them and breaks them. If you're happy with a **** result just because you're still in awe of being in an F1 car there's no way in hell you're going to win anything. Yea, it's easy to like those guys, because they reflect the mentality any of US would have in an F1 opportunity. But these guys are better than us mere mortals.

That's why they took their opportunities and are IN F1 and we're just sit here talking about it, trying to pretend we know what we are talking about.

Last edited:
If you take winning easily then you're never gonna win anything.

Don't you remember Ricciardo after Barcelona last year when Verstappen won? Or Ricciardo after Monaco last year?

All the great drivers spit their dummy out when they lose, that will to win is what makes them and breaks them. If you're happy with a **** result just because you're still in awe of being in an F1 car there's no way in hell you're going to win anything. Yea, it's easy to like those guys, because they reflect the mentality any of US would have in an F1 opportunity. But these guys are better than us mere mortals.
No I agree that drivers should show emotion when they lose, It adds the more human nature to them rather than robots that drive in circles. But Hamilton does it more than anyone else. But losing due to circumstances out of your control on the day is a valid excuse to be a bit peeved off, Ric was done by strategy and bad pit stop in Spain and Monaco. And whilst Hamilton can blame the 5-place penalty he still could have done better yesterday to put him in a better position today. I don't hate Hamilton, I like him but i just wish he would conduct himself a bit better in Interviews. Button has been the model professional the past years regarding interaction with the media.

Last edited:
safe bet if you want no points lol...

It's sad for Palmer because he's one of those drivers that was great in the feeder series but never fully made the step up to F1.
Not really, he took 4 years to win GP2, against quality drivers like Ericsson, Nasr and Haryanto. He didn't win the Formula Palmer Audi or the FIA F2 championships - both set up by his father for him to win/look good.

Not really, he took 4 years to win GP2, against quality drivers like Ericsson, Nasr and Haryanto. He didn't win the Formula Palmer Audi or the FIA F2 championships - both set up by his father for him to win/look good.
The season he won the championship he was great. but I know what you mean. Ericsson I don't think should be in F1.

But he did say "I am the master of coming 11th" so he wins with me for just having a sense of humour.

Hamilton hatred rules. Is it the shoes? is it the shorts? is it intolerance? is the skin?

Might be intolerance for the nose rings/jewelry on a race driver. I think he's trying to look like Prince. I fully expect him to show up in a purple driver's suit before long. I see he's already got the purple hat.

This look just isn't very popular with your typical gearhead. You don't have to look like Ayrton Senna, Steve McQueen or Willy T. Ribbs - but it helps ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.4%