Austria Feedback

The anticut is big enough to prevent people from going there on purpose I think. It's not the same as back then with clear track and no stopping measures whatsoever.
I don't know if it's big enough, but i'm still gaining time sometimes up to 0.1 by going there. And it's not like on purpose, track have negative camber here so by pressing throttle you naturally slip over that kerb, then it throws you even more to the left. I can see that as a big problem with post-race cut checks. Real track have relatively low kerb here btw.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's big enough, but i'm still gaining time sometimes up to 0.1 by going there. And it's not like on purpose, track have negative camber here so by pressing throttle you naturally slip over that kerb, then it throws you even more to the left. I can see that as a big problem with post-race cut checks. Real track have relatively low kerb here btw.

That's interesting, never thought of deliberately going OVER it. I guess the RD will have a lot of things to out at after the race then. From the few laps I've done, if you go onto it with the outside wheels, you either have to decelerate or spin. If you go over it with your whole car, you are grinding the car on it and it slows you down anyway.

But you raise an interesting point.

That's interesting, never thought of deliberately going OVER it. I guess the RD will have a lot of things to out at after the race then. From the few laps I've done, if you go onto it with the outside wheels, you either have to decelerate or spin. If you go over it with your whole car, you are grinding the car on it and it slows you down anyway.

But you raise an interesting point.
I'll post replay when I get back to home. It's the same as here:

maybe better to watch some laps from last year? Some laps weren't count last year because of extending (don't remember anyone extending on t1 tho). I don't see a big advantage on extending on t1 because of that anticut but I also think an exception isn't needed/wanted because extending there might cause some wrecks in the race when the car that extends jumps from the anticut so let's just keep the car on track there. What do you mean with the problem with post-race cut checks? Too much work for RDs? On the real track the kerbs are low yes but the anticuts are high.

Ok, no problem then.
truth,humor-60681274100b7651580779e6add49709_h.jpg

Yeah the extension issue in F1 last year happened on second last corner exit, it's the bigger problem as it's high-speed corner with less margin. The anticut takes care of most turn 1 extensions. If somebody still manages to cut turn 1 more than 10% of laps, it's either intentional or dumb.

This has just happened to me, it didn't make me spin or anything, just really weird, tire locking for 2m in the middle of flatout straight with left foot far away from brake pedal...View attachment 95258

Did you check Motec? Maybe your brake pedal spiked to 100% for 0.05 seconds or something. Not saying it isn't the track, but between OFR and ACR we haven't experienced this once. But if your brake was at 0% during this time, something really is wrong.

Released, more or less final version...

-Fixed start light sequence
-Fixed pit exit grass nogrip
-Added DRS zones
-Adjusted texture maps for HDR
-Added realtime reflections
-Removed misaligned pit garage positions
-Fixed AI crashes
-Set practice 2 duration
-Fixed trees to be lit more consistently
-New: restricted tire compounds
-Replaced sponsors
-Replaced icons

-Added some dynamic shadows
-Added visiblity groups for background trees (use detail level High to reduce, Medium to disable)
-Re-exported some buggy objects
-Added small amount of extra grip to curbs and astro since they have no realroad support
-Added some more grip for grass
-Corrected racelap count

-Corrected geolocation & altitude numbers
-Realroad and road textures & shaders
-Skybox background
-Tweaked clip planes
-Fixed pit speed limit
-Made gridlines and whitelines noclip
-Loading screens, trackside logos and initial conversion by Kris Cobb

Download

Attachments

• rFactor2 2015-06-06 18-25-20-49.jpg
    rFactor2 2015-06-06 18-25-20-49.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 303
Don't know if we will end up using the last three pit stalls, but if we do they have big bumps in the zone where you'd stop.

Bah, pit box white lines are apparently causing this bumpiness. Will make them nocontact in some hotfix version later.

maybe someone can confirm , the astro turf at Remus (corner 2) is like ice or is it supposed to be like that

Believe it or not it actually has same grip as all other astro materials, 88% that is.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%