Austria Feedback

I mean sorry if I sound rude, I'm really thankful about all your work with conversion and the fixes, I'm just really unhappy with the version and if it's fixable, we should use the other track, but in the end I hope with graphic fixes I'll slowly accept that we are racing here...

In my opinion this track model is really bad. I'm used to the good old ISI A1 Ring model and I really think that we should use RaceFactor version, which is based on that model.

The layout of the track, which is on the server now, is totally off, most of the corners are completely wrong, the model looks like it was done for some arcade game with mind set on just giving the impression of it being redbull ring. And the surface is terrible.
Look at this and drive one lap on the version which is on the server now. It's barely the same track.

I beg you to use RaceFactor version. Please. I was really looking forward to finally race Austria again, but if we use the current model, I don't really see any point in testing.
612px-%C3%96sterreichring-A1Ring.svg.png

I agree about t1-8-9 but others turns I don't think this layout is worst than racefactor's layout

In my opinion this track model is really bad. I'm used to the good old ISI A1 Ring model and I really think that we should use RaceFactor version, which is based on that model.

The layout of the track, which is on the server now, is totally off, most of the corners are completely wrong, the model looks like it was done for some arcade game with mind set on just giving the impression of it being redbull ring. And the surface is terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrI6f0av9Y Look at this and drive one lap on the version which is on the server now. It's barely the same track.

I beg you to use RaceFactor version. Please. I was really looking forward to finally race Austria again, but if we use the current model, I don't really see any point in testing.

That RacerFactor's version is nowhere near the real track, the elevation changes for an example are very very wrong. The layout, elevation changes and kerbs of the track we are currently using are much more accurate, it's pretty similar with the Reiza's track and that's the most accurate version of Red Bull Ring out there in any sim atm, just a shame rF2 collision physics have those issues.

Between 5 degree to 30 degree elevation changes in 2 metres, and slightly shorter straights, I choose slightly shorter straights. The version JES chose isn't perfect - but none of them are. It's the lesser of 2 (or more) evils.

Yeah on straights there are 2-3 places with weird elevation, but corners are much much much nicer to drive, I'm really surprised to find such disagreement about that. It's much smoother. Is it possible to make the surface of our version smoother in places? And the green tarmac beyond the kerbs is really low grip.

Updated version out for today's test:

-Visibility grouping for background trees (use detail level High to reduce, Medium to disable)
-Added some dynamic shadows
-Re-exported some buggy objects
-Added small amount of extra grip to curbs and astro since they have no realroad support
-Added some more grip for grass
-Corrected race lap count

Downloads
Austria Test: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fsr-2015-mod-download.101225/

I mean sorry if I sound rude, I'm really thankful about all your work with conversion and the fixes, I'm just really unhappy with the version and if it's fixable, we should use the other track, but in the end I hope with graphic fixes I'll slowly accept that we are racing here...
Are you happy if we name it A2 Coca Cola Ring and say its a Fantasy track? ;)

Nice test, only new issue I discovered was some bug with start lights. Compounds updated:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/2015-tyre-compounds-thread.102937/#post-1966137

Indeed it should be possible to add realroad if curbs and grass are not mapped together to same object, will check that.

Tested the new version and it is already a lot better. However I still have small problem in the last 2 turns. It seems like the spectators placed around the track are still causing some fps drops. On most other tracks their amount is lowered if you reduce track details. Is it maybe possible to remove them at least partly on low settings?

The spectators are 2D dolls that have basically no impact on FPS, I think it's the trees and bushes in S3 causing the issue. I have to remove them 1 by 1, we'll see. Today I fixed some low grip on pit exit grass and start lights bug, next is DRS zones.

I crashed into the grass today going out of turn 2. I took screens but they didn't get saved... Just after the t2 exit outside kerb ends, there's a change in grass material and the front left sank into grass and in the next moment I lost rear wing and then I was flying into the air.

Edit: ah I see now something similar already posted on 1st page..

Last edited:
The spectators are 2D dolls that have basically no impact on FPS, I think it's the trees and bushes in S3 causing the issue. I have to remove them 1 by 1, we'll see. Today I fixed some low grip on pit exit grass and start lights bug, next is DRS zones.

Ok sounds good. You really put a lot of effort into those tracks :).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%