1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

XB1 Australian Grand Prix. Sunday 27th March 2016. 21:30 GMT 15 mins Practice. Short Quali and 50% Race.

Discussion in 'F1 2015 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Peter Hooper, Mar 26, 2016.

1. 2016 F1 The Series

Australian Grand Prix
    F1 2015 by Codemasters
    27/03/16
    5:30pm EDT U.S. or 9:30pm GMT

This race is part of an ongoing series of races that will follow the 2016/7 season, with a summer break to run some 2014 races on the F1 2015 platform. Although these are "club" races so as to be informal and less stringent on attendance, Championships will be scored for the entire F1 2016 season, the 2014. Individual drivers only. Our aim is to re-live online the race we just watched, play the game in the most hardcore manner possible, and have fun. There will be bugs and glitches for sure, but things will get better with time hopefully.

Invite/Party Chat: 9:15pm-9:30pm BST / 5:15pm-5:30pm EDT U.S.
    Start Time: 9:30p BST (or shortly thereafter)
    Host's Name: Hammerpgh or Octoberdusk06
    Weather Setting: Actual Race (conditions that were present for the most laps of the actual race)
    Track Selection: Albert Park
    Car Selection: 2015

Rules
    Premium Members Only: No
    Participation: 15 min. Practice / Short Qualifying / 50% Race
    Car Assignment: First Come, First Served
    Car Performance: Equal

Assists
    Rules and Flags: Realistic
    Car Damage: Realistic
    Traction Control: Off
    Brake Assist: Off
    Driving Line: Off
    ABS: Off
    Driver View: Any View

Signing Up To This Race
    Reply with the following details -- Name / Gamertag / Car Preference

Drivers:
    1. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / McLaren
    2. Eric Cline/McNasty0421/ McLaren
    3. Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / Ferrari
    4. Craig Renard/RDD Renard/Redbull
    5. Jalen Vaughn / ur GFs plumber / Force India

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric Cline/McNasty0421/ McLaren if equal..oh I see they are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WHEY I can make this one :inlove: You're gonna have to excuse the driving though, gonna be racing for the first time with a new set up on my Elite controller so could be all over the shop :laugh:

Mitch Gosling / mitch4p4looz4 / Ferrari

• Like Like x 2
  4. No problem Mitch we're all finding our feet again with this game.

5. Craig Renard

Craig Renard
    " That Driver Was Orchestrated "

Im defo up for this one guys count me in.
    Craig Renard/RDD Renard/Redbull

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jalen Vaughn / ur GFs plumber / Force India

• Like Like x 3
  7. Just to clarify for everyone this race starts at 21:30 UK time. I didn't realise that the clocks went forward last night :rolleyes:

8. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Welcome jalen..nice gamer tag btw lol. Hey peter is this starting at 515est my time still.?

9. It's at 4:30 EST now since there is a 5 hour difference

10. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ok cool..is there no way to practice with equal cars by yourself? Cant make public lobby and it wont start multi player without another player..or is the merc in quick race still the model for equal cars? Or even better anyon e want to practice fir a bit?

11. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Eric, I saw you but I was in the middle of a re-run for Peter t check for glitches. Good news is my race went flawlessly. Bad news is, I'm beat. Have to rest a bit but I'll be on later. @Peter Hooper, do you want to host this since many are on your side of the pond?

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Force India (the slower one)

P.S. - Welcome everyone!,And great to see some old faces, like Mitch, Jalen & Craig. Seems like the patches have made the game at least playable. Any word on a F1 2016 release date? If they improve, we may have something. Dirt being so popular on PC is encouraging. Hopefully, we can get a Rally Cross Championship up and running.
    Elite Controller, huh? Lemme see...
    [​IMG]
    Wow. Nice. Bet those things convey all sorts of forces.

12. Nope nothing on 2016 has surfaced yet. Maybe in the next month well get something. If nothing by then I think maybe they are going back to the later release schedule again.

• Wow Wow x 1
  13. That controller does look very impressive. $150 though :confused:

14. No unfortunately there is no way to do an online practice by yourself. The Mercedes I think is still the online equal car.

15. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

That can't be, because I never finish in the top two.

16. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Wow what a mess. ..decent qualifying for me. Got away too with no damage or

17. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

From ai ..five laps in got a ghost penalty fallowed by another..bottas and sainz had it out for apparently as they tested the paint quite a few times..headset died halfway into race pit error with tires and a race ending crash trying to pit headphones back on..lol what a dumbass.lol great time .look foward to next time.hope my luck is better..

• Like Like x 1
  18. I enjoyed that. Nice battle with @mcnasty1 for team honours and ended with less than a tenth between us in qualifying with Eric taking the honours.

Sorry you lost out early on Robert, if I had known about it earlier we could have perhaps restarted but I thought you were still running until you mentioned you saw my incident and I knew you were not close behind.

Race start seemed OK initially but I got tagged going through turn 1 losing a few places but was enjoying a nice tussle with Mitch for 10th place for a while. Then the game idiocy took over lol. Firstly Craig spun on the exit of the third chicane and as I went past I got an illegal overtake of Verstappen penalty even though he was behind me all along so had to slow to let him through :confused:. Later the same lap Eric had a tangle with Notts I think and I took advantage by going between then through the final turn and again got an illegal overtake warning and had to slow to let someone through which in effect lost me several places as other cars also streamed past while I slowed :rolleyes:.

Anyway apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed the race. Couldn't find much in the way of pace but by being careful on my tyres I was able to make my way up to 5th at one point before the first stop on lap 9ish and went onto primes to see me through to lap 22 thereby dropping a stop. One thing I do not like about the 2015 game is taking away our ability to set our own pit stop strategy pre-race. No biggie as we can do it on the fly but still an an unnecessary change from the norm for me. I was still battling my teammate at this point although we never went wheel to wheel due to different strategies and the second stop for options saw me still come out ahead and in a fight for the top 6 with Raikonnen, Massa and one or two others. A couple of laps from home I had a blue flag warning when @Jalen Vaughn came up to lap me. I went through the third chicane holding the inside line to let him past on the outside but he clearly thought I was going to stay on the racing line and tagged my rear which I think spun him and then seems he got a dsq for driving the wrong way. Sorry that happened Jalen, I always let lapping cars through on the exit if a corner by moving off the racing line but it clearly caught you out. Hope it won't put you off racing again next time out :thumbsup:.

Massa got past me during that incident and I had a nice battle with him over the closing laps for that 6th spot. I could close into the corners but couldn't match his acceleration down the straights and one lap from home I tried to go down the inside into one of the chicanes but it was too tight and I spun out leaving him a free run for the last lap. Would over to hear how everyone else got on.

Really enjoyed the race and there didn't seem to be any connection issues but if others had any troubles either connection or game related I would be interested to hear of them.

We will be running this series throughout the season so I hope you can all make them and mabe bring along others if you know of anyone that might be interested :thumbsup

I am on holiday from next weekend so Robert will be the host of the Bahrain race. Please sign up to it and send Rob a friend request if not already on his lit s(Octoberdusk06)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Here's my quali and race from last night... lots of areas to improve upon but it was fun :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Craig Renard

Craig Renard
    " That Driver Was Orchestrated "

Sorry Pete for the little nudge through turns 3 & 4 on lap 3, cheers for giving me room on the outside. This why i love league racing , fair and competitive :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1