Australian Grand Prix Debrief: Mercedes in a Formula Of Their Own

Vettel doesn't need to change perceptions. Real F1 fans like and respect him. A few moron tourists at races booing and 15 years olds in their bedrooms making forum posts don't represent F1 fans.

Don't get me wrong most don't hold him in as high a regard as Alonso and Hamilton talent wise as we've not seen a convincingly crushing display of talent that they have given us, more an unrelenting force of consistency when given the right tools. But you'd be a fool to think he can't challenge them.

I support Hamilton as a Brit and I like how genuine a person he seems. But Vettel is a more entertaining character than any other driver on the grid.

Obviously being an Aussie myself and because of how things went between Vettel and Webber my thoughts are probably a bit biased. However I do have to respect the guy really. Say what you will about the Red Bull dominance of the V8 era of modern F1, but to do what he did and win the titles he did you can't be some average driver. Yes the car was exceptionally well developed and put together, but to get results you need a very talented driver at the helm.

And look at him now, having moved to Ferrari, an entirely different team to RB and having spent his entire career in F1 until now with RB, he has adjusted very quickly. Personally I think that's a show of his talent and growing maturity.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back