F1 2013 Austin (USA) Undriveable

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I don't know what it is but i've spend 3 days and about 300 laps driving on this track. My fastest laptime was about 1:41.500. I've tried everything; high/low wings, Soft/Hard anti-roll Bars, high/low ride height, soft/hard springs, and nothing is working. I didn't touch the gear or alignment settings because first i need to stay on track, but on this track it's virtually impossible for me to drive a clean lap, let alone 2 or 3 in a row. Anyone else experiencing this? btw i'm driving without any assists and manual gears.

Austin is one of the most difficult tracks in the game and even in real life ... in the game,it feels like the car doesnt want to turn :D

By the way,if you're on PC,can you confirm that handling has changed after patch 2 ? because it feels completely different to me !

I don't know what it is but i've spend 3 days and about 300 laps driving on this track. My fastest laptime was about 1:41.500. I've tried everything; high/low wings, Soft/Hard anti-roll Bars, high/low ride height, soft/hard springs, and nothing is working. I didn't touch the gear or alignment settings because first i need to stay on track, but on this track it's virtually impossible for me to drive a clean lap, let alone 2 or 3 in a row. Anyone else experiencing this? btw i'm driving without any assists and manual gears.
If there just was telemetry to be able to set up the car without crystal ball and it would be fine. Still a pet peeve for me and the biggest shortcoming of this whole series.

Just completed Austin on 100% career mode, Legend, no assists.
Ended up doing three stops as the tyres were shredded as opposed the two for the AI, however it worked out for the best with the AI falling off the 'cliff'.
Yes its hard to get a rhythm especially in the first complex (I needed to change down and up constantly) but the three stops help lots

It's hard, but you have to do it slowly at first (**mandatory "that's what she said" reference :p **)

It just takes bloody long to get used that first sector, if you go in slightly too deep on one turn, you've ruined the entire sector. So it takes patience.

Also, the double left just before the triple apex right hander needs very careful braking. You cannot just brake like for normal corners, as it is not even nearly a straight line, unlike most turns.

Good luck with that ;) And I'm referencing from F1 2012, as I do not have 2013, but it's the same racing principle, as in real life.

Hi heuts.

Wow, 300 laps seems a bit overkill. Are you using a wheel, a controller or a keyboard? When did you start playing F1 2013, and when did you start playing any of Codemasters' F1 games?

I started playing F1 2012 in December last year, and I haven't touched Austin on F1 2013.

This is my first attempt at driving Austin in F1 2013. The is the first fully clean lap, lap #9. It was a 1:38.557 in a Williams. I've included the throttle/brake graphic incase you wanted to look for any technique hints. Like you, I use manual gears and no assists. I was using an Xbox controller. I wouldn't call this the best lap I can do, nor would I call myself one of the fastest people on F1 2013, not by a long shot.

I advise you don't mess with setup until you have an understanding with the track so much that you could drive it cleanly for elongated periods. I don't, and was running default setup for that lap.

If you want, record your own lap, put it on YouTube, and I'll try to do a side-by-side of our laps, comparing where you're losing time. Alternatively/additionally, try using the telemetry application to analyse your techniques in detail, and find out where you're going wrong.

Cheers!

– Kris

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back