F1 2012 Austin - United States (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Kyle Iwas waiting for your setup from the 1st day LOL. In F1 2011 they was so usefull. In fact, i did´t use other setup, so I will try it so soon. Thx a lot, for your work!

Car

Sauber (career) / Mcclaren (Time Trial)

Circuit
Austin

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 9

Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: HIGH
Brake Size: STANDARD

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 217 kph
Gear 5: 250 kph
Gear 6: 284 kph
Gear 7: 328 kph (put it on max - depends on which car you use - red bull top = 318 kph)

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.30
Camber Rear: -1.30
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.41

Notes :
Time trial with Mcclaren : 1.37.067 TCS/ABS : ON // GEARS : MANUAL
Career : 1:40:844 on option tyres
WET : 1:50:084

I use a controller - gamepad

Please post if you can improve...
Perfect Setup with ToroRoss too.(Career)
My WINGSETUP:
Rear Wing Angle: 5

THX

After creating more setups, I have a hunch that putting the springs for my setup on 2-2 or 3-3 should help with the nature of the track. Might be able to lower the wings slightly too to compensate.

I might have a play around with that next time I get the chance.

Where in this game do you make these changes to the setup? All I see is a bar that you can slide left or right for Wet or Dry conditions and it auto changes things, no actual setup of the items mentioned above...

Thanks for your help..
ShadowR

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 75 mph
Gear 2: 93 mph
Gear 3: 111 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 147 mph
Gear 6: 171 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Notes
Time Trial ONLY setup.

Time Posted: 1:35:897 - 13th on Xbox Leaderboard - 1.3 seconds behind #1

This track is great, but also highly frustrating. It is very easy to get the first corner wrong, and sometimes I actually ended up in front of the #1 Ghost, only to fall behind dramatically as the lap went on. Not sure how the Ghost is getting so much grip, but I lose the most through the last sector.

Corners on this track in Time Trial seem random. You can slightly cut a number of them with no penalties, whereas other parts(Like just before the last corner), placing the car anywhere near the curbs will automatically nullify your lap for cutting corner, although you didn't.

The time can be improved on, but it will require a few more hours of trying out new wing values, and playing around with other settings, and to be honest, I want to try some of the tracks I really know.

Assists used:
Braking Assist: Off
ABS: On
Traction Control: Full
Gearbox: Auto

Don't like the fact that I use assists? Well frankly I don't really care, go post a lap and post your own setups, and maybe people will appreciate it.

This setup might be updated down the line, when I get more used to the games physics and setup options.
kyle ignore the idiots bud, just keep doing what your doing coz sum of us really appreciate your set ups, sorry i never thanked you b4 but i used most of your set ups from 2011 for career mode with small adjustments to cope with tire wear, and if i may be cheeky i hope to do the same for 2012, never tried time trial but maybe i will, have you posted a set up for canada coz your 1 for 2011 was the nuts, anyway cheers fella.

Where in this game do you make these changes to the setup? All I see is a bar that you can slide left or right for Wet or Dry conditions and it auto changes things, no actual setup of the items mentioned above...

Thanks for your help..
ShadowR
depends what game mode your in, season challenge you can only choose from the engineers set ups or if your choosing 1 shot qualifying, but also it depends if your game has glitches like mine has, ie when i choose long race wkend and full qualifying i only get 1 practice session, oh and the weather system on mine is well funky almost comedy like, i have asked if any1 else is suffering from these problems but nobody has come back to me yet.

kyle ignore the idiots bud, just keep doing what your doing coz sum of us really appreciate your set ups, sorry i never thanked you b4 but i used most of your set ups from 2011 for career mode with small adjustments to cope with tire wear, and if i may be cheeky i hope to do the same for 2012, never tried time trial but maybe i will, have you posted a set up for canada coz your 1 for 2011 was the nuts, anyway cheers fella.

Nah am not able to get online at the moment. My dad (who is almost 50) has an xbox, and I use his gamertag, hes on holiday at the moment, so not able to get on F1 really lol.

My friend wants to fix one of our xboxs though and pay for a gamertag just so he can race me more often :p When I do make a setup, I post it on my profile wall. Thanks.

Car: Red Bull

Game Mode: Career qualifying + race (Legend difficulty)

Game version: 1.01 (PS3), but should be an ok setup for game version 1.02 (i.e., post-patch).

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 8

Braking
Balance: F50-R50
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 10
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 184 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 246 kph
Gear 6: 283 kph
Gear 7: 315 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.38

Notes
Assists: ABS and TC = Full, no other assists
Controller: PS3 pad
Q1: 1:40.643 (Primes) (P1 by 0.447secs)
Q2: 1:40.120 (Options) (P1 by 0.592secs)
Q3: 1:39.699 (Options) (P2, 0.581secs behind P1)

I am certain you can get pole with this on Legend, because the game generated an incredible Q3 lap for Hamilton (I've noticed it just generates an amazing AI lap in qualifying every now and then). I also only did 2 laps in Q3 and both of them were really bad so there is an extra 2-3 tenths to be found by doing a good lap. Then you can probably get an extra 2-3 tenths by increasing 7th gear to max (318 in the Red Bull; I set it to 315 to get a compromise between qualifying and race speed). And you can probably get even more time if using a car with a higher top speed (e.g., McLaren or Ferrari).

So overall I think there is half a second to a full 1 second extra to be found from this setup. Maybe even more because most people who post here regularly are way better drivers than I am :geek:

Car
Mclaren

Circuit
USA

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Pressure: high
Brake Size: standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 5

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 3

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph / mph
Gear 2: 156 kph / mph
Gear 3: 185 kph / mph
Gear 4: 216 kph / mph
Gear 5: 247 kph / mph
Gear 6: 284 kph / mph
Gear 7: 328 kph / mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix x

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.50
Camber Rear: 1.50
Toe Front: 0.07
Toe Rear: 0.20

Tyres
option

Notes
TT 1.36.447 (works on career also got on the low 1.38s with it)
TC/ABS : ON rest is off.
Not much I can do on keyboard but I am happy with it. About the setup, it's very stable for the rear, you can give it the full beans through the corners no problem whatsoever. Also the steering is very light and precise, no understeer so I'm pleased with it. I hope to see a time with this setup using a wheel or a pad. I tried other setups on this page but I didn't managed to get this deep, on Kyle's the back end was sort of slipping away from me but somehow with this I got the confidence in the car it won't oversteer.

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 4

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox
Gear 1: 77 mph
Gear 2: 96 mph
Gear 3: 113 mph
Gear 4: 131 mph
Gear 5: 150 mph
Gear 6: 175 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph (max)

Engine

Alignment
Toe Front: 0.09
Toe Rear: 0.32

Tyres
option

Notes
1:36.604 after 13 TT laps

Sector 1: 20.445
Sector 2: 39.717
Sector 3: 36.441

This is a set up that hasn't had a lot of thought but I felt the car was planted enough to give me confidence around the track. I don't do anything too radical with set ups but the firm suspension is feel is needed to help the car out in the first sector.

My driving ability means that I regularly make a mess of the slow double left hander in the middle of sector 3 but I feel that the first sector I nailed on my quickest lap. I also couldn't quite get my braking point for the tight left after the back straight on my quickest lap so maybe lost a tenth or so there.

Any feedback on this setup would be nice.

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Austin

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Rear Wing Angle: 4

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox
Gear 1: 77 mph
Gear 2: 96 mph
Gear 3: 113 mph
Gear 4: 131 mph
Gear 5: 150 mph
Gear 6: 175 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph (max)

Engine

Alignment
Toe Front: 0.09
Toe Rear: 0.32

Tyres
option

Notes
1:36.604 after 13 TT laps

Sector 1: 20.445
Sector 2: 39.717
Sector 3: 36.441

This is a set up that hasn't had a lot of thought but I felt the car was planted enough to give me confidence around the track. I don't do anything too radical with set ups but the firm suspension is feel is needed to help the car out in the first sector.

My driving ability means that I regularly make a mess of the slow double left hander in the middle of sector 3 but I feel that the first sector I nailed on my quickest lap. I also couldn't quite get my braking point for the tight left after the back straight on my quickest lap so maybe lost a tenth or so there.

Any feedback on this setup would be nice.

EDIT:- I have no idea where this would stand on a leaderboard as I don't have Xbox Live Access at Uni here.

Car
Sauber (online, equal performance)

Circuit
COTA

Condition
Dry

Distance
50%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: +3 clicks right
Gear 2: +3 clicks right
Gear 3: default
Gear 4: default
Gear 5: +2 clicks right
Gear 6: +4 clicks right
Gear 7: full right

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.5
Camber Rear: -1.5
Toe Front: default
Toe Rear: default

Tyres
option

Notes
1.38.2 online session, no assists, cockpit view
keep 90% of KERS for pit straight
This is a really good setup, I only tweaked the rear wing to 4 and that's it. Feels good all around the track.

Texas Dry *Time Trial*

FW 9 RW 7
Brakes 48-52% Med Large
F ant- 8 R ant -2
Suspension 6 / 7 7 / 8
Gears 1 - 1 click R
2 - 6 clicks L
3 - 3 L
4 - 1 R
5 - 5 R
6 - 7 R
7 - 10 R

Alignment -3.40 / -0.60 0.14 / 0.47

Mclaren Mercedes / All assists off / MS wheel

I think it's so stupid for people to get caught up over assists! If you think about it anyone using a wheel is gaining a massive advantage over those that use the controller, so in a roundabout that's their form of assist! But you never see anyone complain about that now do you? Assists or not I highly doubt many people could hold a candle to some of the times you've posted. I don't think you even need to justify those people with a response! :p

I really like your set-ups Kyle, suit my driving style and it's only ever tweaks needed for career mode, your set-ups carried me through F1 2011 Wish I knew how to set-up a car like yourself! eagerly awaiting them to help me through F12012, because I am really not up to speed on it (I hate change :p). So a massive thank you for being such a help and making the games a lot more enjoyable for myself.

dude the wheel is not an assist.. is just better feeling of the car, i think that if u like racing games, which better way to enjoy them. i go for the wheel 100% of the times

if u want to call it an assist because it cost besides the console pakage ill respect ure opinion, but ill desagree with you.

any ways.. the good thing is that all of us love racing!! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back