1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Aussie V8's @ Renault AMS, Saturday 12th October 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8IM
    Car: V8 Supercars 2010 IroMan version (see Download and install post)
    Track: AMS Renault test track
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (49 laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

At the moment qualification starts and not all places are taken reserves can go into the server.

Track map
    [​IMG]Starting procedure

This event will be in the spirit of the V8 Supercars event meaning that we will use a standing start.

Pitting procedure

to avoid any pitting incident please follow those simple rules, the pit exit is in T1 so stay to the right of the track until after T2. The pit entry is at T12 so you will have to map a quick chat button saying " Your name is pitting " that you will use on the straight before T10.

Cutting rules

Two wheels must remain in between the white lines at all time there is no exception on this track. if you happen to cut during qualification you are required to abort the lap by lifting the throttle enought so it won't be your best time. If you cut during the race make sure your no gaining any advantage and if you do it is required to lift the throlttle for 1 second.

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Signing Up:
    This is a special event so before you sign up keep in mind that it will be a very long race so think carefully before signing up. there will be 25 spots open as follow, 10 Ford's (all the Ford liveries) and 15 Holden's so when you sign up use the following format:

Your name:
    Team/Driver:

Entrylist:
    Holden Commodore:

1. Team Vodafone - Graig Lowndes
    2. Team Vodafone - Joao Borges
    3. Toll Holden Racing - Garth Tander
    4. Toll Holden Racing - Reggie Blain
    5. Jack Daniels Racing - Justin Swan
    6. Jack Daniels Racing - Gijs van Elderen
    7. Brad Jones Racing -Arunas Linkevicius
    8. Brad Jones Racing - Jason Bright
    9. Bundaberg Red Racing - Andrew Thompson
    10. Bundaberg Red Racing - Fabian Coulthard
    11. Garry Rogers Motorsport - Lee Holdsworth
    12. Garry Rogers Motorsport - Krisztián tóth
    13. Castrol Racing - Andrew James
    14. Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport - Daniel Gaunt
    15. Supercheap Auto Racing - Matthias Klein
    Ford Falcon
    1. Stone Brothers Racing - Tony Gentile
    2. Stone Brothers Racing - Richard Hill
    3. Ford Performance Racing - Marty Pierce
    4. Ford Performance Racing - Steven Richards
    5. Jim Beam Racing - Steven Johnson
    6. Jim Beam Racing - Yves Larose
    7. Triple F Racing - David Frey
    8. Tekno Autosport (DJR) - Jonathon Webb
    9. James Rosenberg Racing - Tim Slade
    10. Rod Nash Racing - Paul Dumbrell
    Normal font = not taken
    Bold Font = Taken

Server is UP!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Download and installation

First time

If it's the first time downloading and installing the mod follow these instructions.
    • download the mod (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder.
    • download the patch (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder.
    • download the IronMan version (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder and if asked to overwrite let it do it.
    Already have the mod install

if you have the mod already install follow these instructions even if you took part of the last IronMan.
    • download the IronMan version (Download) extract to your main Race 07 installation folder and if asked to overwrite let it do it.
    if you have any questions feel free to post them or send a PM to Yves Larose and he will answer your questions.

IronMan Modifications

thanks to FVRFactor (FlashQld) the original creator of the mod for rFactor and to Gunthar Rowe the for the convertion to the Race 07 Series for the wonderful mod and for giving me the permission (Yves Larose) to make and use the modifications to the mod for the IronMan event. The modifications that were made are the following:
    • The fuel tank capacity is now of 75 liters compare to the 124 liters originaly.
    • The fuel consumption have been slightly increase.
    • The Hard tyres compound is not available.
    • The tyres wear rate have been reworked to match the track and the new fuel tank capacity and fuel consumption settings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

New to the series

To make things even more like the real series we are now using the fix gear box meaning its no more adjustable and everyone is using the same gearing. At each race the gearing might change depending on the track, how the gearing is determined is by the end of the longest straight we either very close to the rev limiter or hit it just as we are about to brake ( no more then 1 second on the rev limiter). There are 4 gear box available and they are the real series one.

Why are we not running the 2012 version

The answer to that question is simple, there is a problem with the mod that need to be solve first, the grip level at the rear is not what it should be once we hit the race session making the car very oversteering in corner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matthias

Matthias
    Premium Member

In please

Matthias Klein
    Supercheap Auto Racing - Russell Ingall

6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yes please.

Not sure about the cars, so I am going to pick at random. Feel free to give me another car if someone else really wants this one.

Andrew James
    Castrol Racing - Greg Murphy

7. Hell yeah!!:)

Sign me up pls!
    1. Jack Daniels Racing - Rick Kelly

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

good news guy's, for the next IronMan we will use the 2012 version of the mod. Tewie gave me an update of the mod and its much better the rear now hold the tarmac during a race session but its not quite right yet so i'm expecting another update soon that should be spot on :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Jack Daniels - Todd Kelly please

10. Richard Hill

Richard Hill
    outofthisworld

Stone Brothers Racing - Shane van Gisbergen please

11. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Let's get some fun, I'm in
    7. Brad Jones Racing - Jason Richards

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Signing Up:
    This is a special event so before you sign up keep in mind that it will be a very long race so think carefully before signing up. there will be 25 spots open as follow, 10 Ford's (all the Ford liveries) and 15 Holden's so when you sign up use the following format:

Your name:
    Team/Driver:

Please use the above form when signing up, put YOUR name and the TEAM/DRIVER name down, it makes life so much easier for me :):):)

13. Tony Gentile
    Stone Brothers Racing Alex Davison
    this will be good fun:)
    will start downloading:(

• Like Like x 1
  14. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Damnit! I so want to race with this, but I can't. I haven't paid my broadband service yet (infact it was a "test for free for 6 months deal I had) and one day it just stopped working. I can still surf on the web, but anything else... Nop.

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

In the end the mod should be in
    C:\Program Files(x486)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Race07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons

17. Comes up as path does not exist please try again type in four times?

18. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

C:\Program Files(x486)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Race07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons

The above is a wrong path. It should go to

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Race07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons

Another thing, the patch is not necessary. It is a graphics fix for FVR 2011 and doe's not effect the online ability of FVR 2010 what so ever.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Tony, the installation path will depend on where you have your Steam installed.

Can you please let us know your Steam installation path (ie. where you have Steam installed)?

20. Cheers mate I thought I was heading to the pain killing cabinet again :thumbsup: