1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aussie V8 Supercars @ Mosport 1977- Tuesday June 1st, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, May 30, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Track: Mosport 1977

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45GMT (wednesday)
    Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. Entry list:

1. Yves Larose
    2. Sam Ventura
    3. driver
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. William Nowell (maybe)
  3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up please :) and now that the thread is open c'mon guy's lets fill the grid :wink:
  4. Sign me up I might be running late cause I got a meeting and it lasts around 9pm est. Was going to run the spa race but a friend stopped by lol.
  5. Count me in as a maybe please.
  6. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

guy's we need a few more for this one :)
  7. I plan on being there
  8. server up
  9. Totally missed this one. Was this supposed to be A1? Now I'm confused. I can't really drive on tuesdays but I would give it a try if it is mosport.
  10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

its Mosport Jarrod, A-1 was last week :wink:
  11. I will try to get it up and running, will be more of a test for me as I have not tried these before! Just downloading now...
  12. I'll play - count me in.
  13. Still trying to join race but not working sorry...
  14. Grrr...I missed it with only minutes...yeah well...
  15. That was a good race to bad I had damage and could not turn in rd1 and in rd2 I tried manual pitting and the guys were on a coffee break. So I watched rd2 in the pits and that was a hell of a race between yves, stefan, and brenden. Nice racing.
  16. I joined just as the session switched to quali. So I ran with a complete default set, which was far from perfect. I qualified 4th out of 6 on the grid.

R1: Got a reasonable start and gained one position as Tyler bogged down off the line. On Lap 2 or 3 I was gifted P2 as Brendan ran wide off the track in T2. I then had a long battle with Tyler. I had the feeling he was a fair bit faster than me, but as we took turns making mistakes, the gap remained fairly consistent between us. I eventually ran off on lap 13 I think and gifted P2 to Tyler. Finished P3.

R2: Started from P4 again and got another decent start, but couldn't really take advantage of it as the narrow track saw me stuck behind the two ahead. I passed Eric coming into T3 as he ran it a little wide. I really hadn't planned on passing there, it just kind of happened. lol. The following lap Ventura ran off in T1 and I was gifted P1. As Tyler and Yves were battling for 2nd, I was allowed to build a bit of a gap, which Tyler promptly closed. We then had another long battle and I was doing all I could to hold on. Tyler was clearly faster than me and my crappy default set. On L12 Tyler was getting anxious to get passed as Yves had once again closed the gap to us. Tyler got a run on me out of T3 and attempted a pass around the outside of T4. I had to let off to avoid a collision and Tyler went passed. I then got a little to close and gave him a bit of a love tap in T6 sending him off. This also caused Yves to hit me, sending me off. So sorry to the both off you. After leading nearly the entire race I was rather desperate to hang on with a clearly inferior car. I rejoined about 2 seconds or so a head of Brendan and was able to hold him off to the line. Finished P3 again.
  17. Hmm...

Didn't qualify close to my fastest practice lap so started shotgun.

R1: Got past Sam V when he went off, and spent the rest of the race trying to stay ahead of him. He was making ground early, then tailed off the last 4 or so laps. Practice sessions had put me at 1.6l per lap, so I figured that 31L was plenty. Unfortunately, race was 2.1l/lap, so at the start of L15, I pitted for fuel. As with Sam, they guys were out for coffee. Had to take a DNF to escape pit road purgatory.

R2: Smooth race, got past Sam when he went off in T1, and spent the rest of the race around 10 - 12 seconds back of Brendan. 12 of the 15 laps were in the 1:21's. Slow but steady.