PC1 Audio Interview with Andy Tudor on pCARS (Babogames)

Hi Guys,

Babogames did an audio interview with Andy Tudor on pCARS....

Broom! Nice work Andy
a04.gif

lol 09.31 - I think he pulled?!

Are you sent here to troll and cause trouble? It seems that way. Perhaps you should be banned from here?:rolleyes:
you are very hypocritical. you could be accused of trolling as well. whenever a pcars argument gets going you can count on andy to reply with something very similar to a post hes already made, classic work of a troll :rolleyes:

if i had a dollar for every time you said "looks like shift 2" i could finally buy myself that frex shifter ive been eyeing.

Hey.. look at me! Somebody please scream at me for being a terrible representative of pCARS.. even though I don't actually represent SMS or pCARS.

Seems some people are getting banned from so many different forums that I can't find a good screaming match anymore. It's not their fault, of course. They just state their opinion and then *bam* banned. It's not possible they have no idea how to articulate criticism.

I agree Bram. Not one critical remark has been made. Nice interview, mostly talking about trivial things. :giggle:

Oh, and ya.. the newly revealed single player campaign is totally trivial. Andy Tudor worked like crazy to bring something fresh and new to the game, and the guys at WMD are pretty darn excited about it, but they're just fanbois. We all know the only thing important about a racing sim is whether or not it's super hardcore, and by hardcore I mean that the cars slide around like they're driving on ice. The 5 Senior Managers are pushing Ian and Andy to create a "harder than hardcore mode" in the game. In this new game mode, the physics guru, AJ, will cut the grip for all cars in half.. straight across the board. It'll be so hardcore that every other sim on the market will pale by comparison because you'll barely be able to drive the car.

Sure, only a very small percentage of our target audience wants this feature, but we want to include it for them no matter the cost. It could take the vehicle team up to 20 minutes to do this, but we'll spare no expense.

Oh whatever Micas. You don't half spout some rubbish. Go and count your stocks and shares, there's a nice chap. Have you come here to cause trouble again? You were banned at No Grip for spouting the same trash.

(for those that don't know, some people are pretty pushy as far as Pcars goes, but when they have a lot of money invested, you can understand their one sidedness and blatant advertising).

Oh ya.. I asked for, and received a 7 day ban from NG. I left them no choice, but it was totally worth it. Some guy was making up quotes from Ian which he never said/wrote, even sticking quotation marks around them, and then arguing about how awful Ian is. I tend to get a little irritated about those sorts of things, so I totally deserved the 7 day vacation from NG. I still get on quite well with the mods there though.

The amusing part is that while it's obvious I'm a supporter of SMS and pCARS, while still offering criticism (in the proper way) of it, there are some people who have no investment in the game but have made it their life's purpose to continually bash it. It's as if your life would have no meaning if not for abusing SMS, pCARS and WMD members. It's nearly pathological, but at the least really creepy. We have stalkers - how nice.

I will, as you said, go count my stocks and shares and such - it's such fun to be wealthy. I'll look forward to receiving my percentage of your money when you buy pCARS on release.

I will, as you said, go count my stocks and shares and such - it's such fun to be wealthy. I'll look forward to receiving my percentage of your money when you buy pCARS on release.

OK, whatever. Nice trolling.:rolleyes:

I have just searched that thread on No Grip Micas and you are telling lies. That guy never stated anything in inverted comma's, but your reply to him does. You changed his quotes to suit your agenda and misinformation. Sneaky trick.

The 5 Senior Managers are pushing Ian and Andy to create a "harder than hardcore mode" in the game. In this new game mode, the physics guru, AJ, will cut the grip for all cars in half..

But I don't think anyone here wants a icefest anymore than they want simmycade games marketed as sims being gripfests, regardless, could you also convince the physics guru to improve the FFB, the handling, the braking, the steering precision etc?

But I don't think anyone here wants a icefest anymore than they want simmycade games marketed as sims being gripfests, regardless, could you also convince the physics guru to improve the FFB, the handling, the braking, the steering precision etc?

I think he was being a smartass David. Sarcasm seems to be his forte. He's just making it up as there is no mention of this on the WMD forum.

I really do hope that they beef up the physics before release and I hope the bigwigs at SMS do remember their promises to the PC community on No Grip. They promised it would be a sim and the best one at that.

. They promised it would be a sim and the best one at that.

Unfortunately, with the success of GT5/FM3/4, I think some game dev's have hijacked the word sim and use it inappropriately, they're probably too scared to call something simcade as that might put people off, however that's no excuse for trying to silence people and close topics etc.

I notice more and more people complaining about pcars being in the news at Vlr all the time, and we know that montoya is being employed by SMS, so the taint of biased reporting seems inevitable.

"we know that montoya is being employed by SMS"facts sources please.´he ban you 2 times and he is automatic employed?you get there any news from every sim. or racing game.from 13 articles at the last page are 3 about rf2,2 pcars, the rest from others. you also get
there a 2.chance but you miss it.
and with the rest you get boring again.

I think he was being a smartass David. Sarcasm seems to be his forte. He's just making it up as there is no mention of this on the WMD forum.

I said it was the 5 senior managers that are pushing for ice skating mode. We have a private forum at WMD. It's very fun.

You don't know how much grip any particular should have, or not have. You play games on a PC, you're not a professional driver.

There's no need to convince AJ, the physics dev, to do anything. He's currently at work implementing a new dynamic tyre model. See.. this is what we in the industry call.. "development". Typically what happens is that developers work on software, and they refine it over time. Sometimes they try an idea, and it doesn't work as they had planned, and so they try a new method. Sometimes they get it right and then they move on to the next item in the development pipeline.

The neat thing about WMD is that the devs have a tremendous amount of testers who provide very accurate and reasoned feedback, which the devs consider and then proceed to make revisions. This is called "work in progress", or WIP for short. Very talented engineers and artists are working very hard to constantly improve the entire package of pCARS in anticipation of a release in Q2 2013 or thereabouts. What that release date implies is that the game is not done yet. So.. while SMS is working, the goal is to meet Andy and Ian's vision of a quality racing sim that is fun to play, and has a bunch of tools for the community to enjoy.. stuff to support leagues and such. Those are things that Andy Tudor is guiding the design on, with the help of WMD members.

Of course, we had some people at WMD who lacked the ability to articulate criticism in the appropriate manner. Most all of them are gone now, so the remaining team are those that can write similar to what you'd see in an office environment. You wouldn't send an email to a coworker that says "your idea sucks", or "the design of that feature is complete crap". You'd get fired rather quickly - and so that's what SMS does. They fire people who are incapable of being contributors rather then very unpleasant people.

I expect in about 6 months or so, AJ and his colleagues will have a fantastic system in place with which all these neat designs that Andy Tudor will work on top of. That's why we don't criticize pCARS as if it is already a released game, because it is not. We point out areas that need work, in a manner that contributes to the environment. The devs do their work. It's a whole lot of fun at WMD now as well, since most of the unpleasant co-workers have been fired. What we have now are the sort of people that are enjoyable to work with.

However, do feel free to continue labeling the game any way that you want. "Arcade", "Simcade", whatever you want.. make all the judgements about Andy Garton and Ian Bell that you want.. they don't care. It's really strange that you do that because the game isn't even close to release yet, but hey.. you clearly enjoy trying to be as destructive as possible. That is what makes you happy. You want to be upsetting to those of us that are behind SMS and pCARS. You want to create negativity at any mention of the game. It's how you find pleasure in your online experience. I think that's odd, but the reality of the world is that there are people that exist only to despise others, especially those that are successful.

It'll be fun to see you guys on the track next year.

It's only a game for gawd's sake. As for the main reason some members feel the way they do, the same devs that promised the world with the Shift series are making this one and doing the physics. It will be Shift 3 in all but name. But it might be fun. I'm looking forward to it. You can quit your trolling now Micas.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%