• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Audi Ultron Driver Suits Naming

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Andrew Harper, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,261
    Hi,

I can't believe I'm asking this question again, AC seems to hate me on this issue! lol

I've created a race skin for the Audi R18 Ultron.

I've noticed that although I've used the same naming patterns as I used for the 919 I'm not getting the Drivers suit, helmet, helmet visor, mechanic or pits gadgets (the lollipop) appearing in game.

Is the file naming the same?

I may just try the gadgets again as although it is a PNG file it occurred to me it may be the other compression option :rolleyes:

Are the suits and gloves named differently for this car?

Tried looking on here for a few skin uploads but haven't found one with the suits only the main bodywork, etc.

2. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,422
    You use the skin.ini to point to the folders that contain the dds files for the helmet, gloves, etc...

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,261
    Thanks Michael for the reply :thumbsup:

Yes I see how that works. I forgot that Assetto Corsa now uses those links to the various racegear.

It was only until I looked a little closer I realised that on the previous car I did (the Porsche 919) there was no skin.ini file so the game must look in the car folder where the rest of the image maps are.

So I deleted that file from the R18 folder and it worked. The game picked up all the textures with no issues.

When you've been working on textures for a whole day (or days) sometimes you don't always pick up what's staring you in the face! :laugh:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1