Audi TT RS VLN Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ttrs3.jpg

Sector3 Studios have made available the Audi TT RS VLN for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, bringing the high performance, high downforce VLN specification Audi to the simulation for the first time.

Now you may think this is already available in RaceRoom in the form of the Audi TT Cup car, however you would be wrong in that assumption, very wrong indeed... The TT RS VLN is indeed a TT, but that is where the comparison stops. First thing you will notice visually is the massive rear wing, added to the car to help keep the rear end planted as you try to put down all of the 400 horsepower to the tarmac.

Designed specifically to combat the epic Nordschleife VLN series, the TT RS VLN is an awesome piece of engineering. The car pack in RaceRoom comes with 20 liveries and retails for 349vRP. The car is available to purchase now.

Audi TT RS VLN Release Trailer
RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free, and various track and car packs are available to purchase both in the in game store and on Steam.

ttrs2.jpg Audi TT RS VLN.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.
Have you tried the TT RS VLN yet? What are your first impressions of the new car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I already owned about 60% of the cars and all the tracks , and this morning I jumped on the portal and saw they had a premium pack for about $40.00. I said screw it and bought it and now own everything they have for sale. It discounted some items I guess and my total was $36.00 or so. Well worth it. I have many cars to test out over the next few weeks. I'm a big AMS and AC fan.....but I love me some RRE as well....outstanding sim! Do wish we had some more tracks though.

Of course, you can never have enough tracks! But, R3E does have a pretty good assortment, 31 well done circuits (and variations of each) - you should now own all if you bought the premium pack. AC for example has much less (18?) but of course there are mods - some are pretty good, most not so much. In my opinion the quality of their tracks stand out and I'm not just talking graphically - enviromental objects, sounds, AI lines, etc. - can't say that for many sims (though I like rF2 AI racing the best).

Hey...here is a quick question. It's probably been a good 2 months since I played RRE and was wondering when they made the change on the Ai limiter? I remember before it was just a choice of Pro , Amateur , novice ect with the adaptive Ai. Now it seems to have a sliding scale starting at 80 if a person wants to use that instead of the adaptive Ai. Which is nice! Really glad they made that change.

Of course, you can never have enough tracks! But, R3E does have a pretty good assortment, 31 well done circuits
Agreed, and they are very good quality tracks too.

My only criticism would be the variety of locations i.e. the majority of tracks are from Germany and central European nations. That's obviously a consequence of the focus on DTM and ADAC GT Masters experiences - and I'm not complaining - but it would be great to see some more tracks from other parts of the world. Other parts of Europe, even. Plenty of great tracks to be found in the UK, France, Italy and Spain, and of course the STCC tracks as well. Maybe one day...

Agree with the above ^^^^

If they have a licence for Brands Hatch, why not give us the big version? I love that one. Be nice to see Silverstone and Watkins Glen too.

Hey...here is a quick question. It's probably been a good 2 months since I played RRE and was wondering when they made the change on the Ai limiter? I remember before it was just a choice of Pro , Amateur , novice ect with the adaptive Ai. Now it seems to have a sliding scale starting at 80 if a person wants to use that instead of the adaptive Ai. Which is nice! Really glad they made that change.

Ability to choose a specific difficulty such as 116% or 87% has been in the game as far back as i can recall. 2+ yrs minimum. :p

Although, I think this feature was only just added to practice mode with the big November update. Previously, it had only been available as an option for races.

Agree with the above ^^^^

If they have a licence for Brands Hatch, why not give us the big version? I love that one. Be nice to see Silverstone and Watkins Glen too.

Mate, I've been banging on about Brands Hatch for a couple of years now. They must be sick of me.

I'm sure you're well aware of the reason why R3E only has the Indy layout. Nearly all racing games feature Brands Hatch GP so I'm sure there wouldn't be a licensing issue stopping it. Worst thing is, it seems the basic track layout and topography is in the game already, it just needs to be completed. It would be a shame if it never happens but I appreciate Sector3 has priorities.

Silverstone is coming, and last I heard, it could be an early xmas present. Then again, the November patch was supposed to arrive in August.

I only had the time to do a grand total of one lap around the VLN version of the Nordschleife today but boy was it ever a glorious lap. The car has so much grip and is so stable, it's almost like you're on rails. :confused:

This will be a club favorite for sure and I can see the racing being very good with these. Looking forward to driving some more in the coming weeks. :)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:, love the way the defenders crawl out of the woodwork just because questions are raised with RRE's microtransactions.
No not really nuf said. RRE is free with some cars and tracks. I don't remember AC being free? ;)
No, AC was $30Aud but it's way ahead of RRE, and what Raceroom offer in their base is the absolute bare minimum, and the only time Raceroom has ever dropped some free content was to beef up their limited base product with a few extra cars that no-one is interested in. So how much have you spent on RRE so far Andy?
How much did you pay for the base package?
About the same as I paid for AMS and that shits all over RRE, I also spent $25Au on the AMS beta, now I get all AMS DLC for that one tiny price, now tell me it's not better value than RRE, for content, price and immersion.

About the same as I paid for AMS and that shits all over RRE

Is hyperbole like this really useful to anyone here m8? Or even conducive to a civil conversation?

All this leads to is name calling and the glorious e-peen contest of "my sim is bigger than yours."

Making such a statement doesnt really open you up to respectful replies, nor show you respect others opinions. Nor will people suddenly flip their beliefs about the various games because one guy is headstrong about an opinion he has.

All the sims do things well and not so well. That's why we have options. If 1 sim did everything, none of the others would have any reason to exist. And as any real sim racer knows, and most people on RD, you dont just own and play 1 single sim... you play the lot of them since they are all unique.

Is hyperbole like this really useful to anyone here m8? Or even conducive to a civil conversation?

All this leads to is name calling and the glorious e-peen contest of "my sim is bigger than yours."

Making such a statement doesnt really open you up to respectful replies, nor show you respect others opinions. Nor will people suddenly flip their beliefs about the various games because one guy is headstrong about an opinion he has.

All the sims do things well and not so well. That's why we have options. If 1 sim did everything, none of the others would have any reason to exist. And as any real sim racer knows, and most people on RD, you dont just own and play 1 single sim... you play the lot of them since they are all unique.
Just my opinion which I'm entitled to defend when I feel I need too. Everyone is entitled to an opinion if I'm not mistaken, the fact my opinion ruffles the feathers of some RD users is just par for the course when making negative comments about ONE aspect of a particular sim.
I don't play all the sims I own, and I own them all, AC, Dirt Rally, AMS, RRE, rF2, pCars & beta Kart Kraft, my go to sim is AMS and has been for some time now, the rest are just taking up space on my SSD.

Just my opinion which I'm entitled to defend when I feel I need too. Everyone is entitled to an opinion if I'm not mistaken, the fact my opinion ruffles the feathers of some RD users is just par for the course when making negative comments about ONE aspect of a particular sim.
I don't play all the sims I own, and I own them all, AC, Dirt Rally, AMS, RRE, rF2, pCars & beta Kart Kraft, my go to sim is AMS and has been for some time now, the rest are just taking up space on my SSD.
No, your opinion doesn't ruffle feathers... heck, its just your opinion.
I agree completely, we all have our go-to sim/s. I own them all too, my favorite is ...
Isn't the interweb a great place :)

Purchased the Audi TT RS VLN..and it is awesome...and I was watching my reply and noticed the front windscreen banner on the Audi I was driving that says...'Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator'...that's odd, or is it.
EDIT: I guess not..just watched a real live You tube video of the actual Audi's on Nords...and what do you know the banner is on there as well...great attention to detail Sector 3 Studios :)

Attachments

• R3E AUDI TT RS VLN GRAN TURISMO banner.jpg
    R3E AUDI TT RS VLN GRAN TURISMO banner.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Purchased the Audi TT RS VLN..and it is awesome...and I was watching my reply and noticed the front windscreen banner on the Audi I was driving that says...'Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator'...that's odd, or is it.
EDIT: I guess not..just watched a real live You tube video of the actual Audi's on Nords...and what do you know the banner is on there as well...great attention to detail Sector 3 Studios :)

Same with Nissan and I think BMW aswell.
But to the Audi itself... I've done some laps on Spa last night (didn't have much time for Nord) and when I was driving it and every time when I passed start/finish line I was talking to myself: one more lap, ok I know it's late, just one more, last lap. I just couldn't stop. I've set the rear wing to the minimum and the car... was still great to drive, very stable :)
Can't wait for the first RD club race with this one :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back