AC Audi TT cup @ Zandvoort - Fri 08/09/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Here the result of the race : :D:D:D.
Looks nice! Sadly simresults.net is searchable by Google so you can find all the real names which goes against our rules. It's a grey area but we had a meeting and decided to moderate the posts of it. If you want to post them and go into a real grey area, upload them, take a Screenshot and click on "no, go back to upload page" so it doesn't save the results.
Then post the Screenshot here. An image is not searchable and it's a really grey area but I won't moderate that for now ;)

Sorry for the long text, we are trying to get everyone to know that, slowly but steady :)

We staffs are forbidden to post them though.
Please edit your post and delete the link. I don't want to go that far and do it for now :)
(edit: had to do it, sorry!)

We are all here for fun and enjoyment, the rules are there to ensure fun to everyone. Don't get it wrong please :)

Last edited:
@Des Bain was it you who took me out in the last 2 min, we were driving next to each other the straight up the hill? Not sure why it was necessary to take me out there, this crash was so violent with a direct drive wheel my arms would have been broken for sure and golden rule?!

Can someone upload the race replay?
Second that :D

My first race in AC, so I didn't really care about the result. Imagine my surprise when I actually finished 2nd.
However, the race wasn't without issues. In practice / qualy, I was getting ~100 fps, so I exited from qualy, turned down a few settings. At the start, I was getting ~80 fps, but I thought once the field settles down, it'll go up again. Wrong, think again. As the race went on, the frames actually dropped. At the end, I was in the high 30s. If the race were longer, I would have retired as it was becoming quite undriveable.
As I am new to AC, is that a known issue?

Also saved the replay, but unfortunatey it cut of the first 10 - 15 minutes -.- What's up with that?

All in all, I quite enjoyed the race though. A few noob mistakes, hope I didn't affect too many people. If the fps problems persist though, I dunno if I'll do any more races tbh.

I do apologise to all , for the many taps i gave people in this race, been though hundreds of
races with hardly any knocks, luckily i got the worst of them all.:whistling:

I had a tap at the start that put me wide as was trying to slow down for the 15 cars into turn 1 fiasco... lol
Looked like we were getting into an awesome battle from 11th through to 5th but I turned someone around as he braked too early for a corner. Racing incident as it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other as they say.
I waited for the guys to pass me, sorry about that, and we continued racing overtaking a few cars trying to catch the field.
Trying in vein I might add. In quali we had 2nd through to 10th separated by just a second. Very fast room and pretty decent drivers too.
Hope to jump on again as had a really good time.
Had to leave early as there was a huge noise in my apt and sounded like someone had broken in. so my leaving was a bit abrupt.

Hope to jump on again as had a really good time.
Had to leave early as there was a huge noise in my apt and sounded like someone had broken in. so my leaving was a bit abrupt.
Happy that you had a good time (even without a Staff member around)! :)
You are always welcome, see you on track! :thumbsup:

And wow, totally understand that you needed to check this!

I'll take the chance to remember everyone of our little rule update as we had a wave of people quitting while racing, which is annoying and many drivers find it "disrespectful":
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2017.10978/

We now have a few little lists for "no shows", "quitting" etc.
This update is not meant to rule harsh in any way! If you talk to us I can guarantee you there won't be any big consequences. Just give us a quick note why and it should be fine, as long as it doesn't sound like bulls... because your grandma died the 6th time :p:roflmao:

So yeah, a strange noise in the apartment IS a good excuse man! Hope you could sort it out? :confused:

1st place! Big surprise for me, to say the least. My practice time was meh-meh but my time in Q was the 2nd fastest and Florian's problem at the start let me take P1 on T1 (nice and easy from the driver in 2nd, I don't remember the name right now. Thank you!). My pace was good from there on and in a couple of laps I had a good margin to the 2nd place, which at that moment I thought I'd need in the near future, when I make mistakes and the such. Somehow, those mistakes never happened :confused:. My pace wasn't that fast but pretty constant and I believe I even picked the fastest lap with my fastest lap of the event. Totally unexpected with hard tires and some 15L in the tank! A pretty solitary race for me, but so I could concentrate in my pace for once, which was what I needed.

Fun fact: My first ever online victory was also in Zandvoort in the old Grand Prix Legends some 15 years ago... I those were the times... :roflmao:

Thank you to Rasmus for the express-admin effort. Hope that those walls look really nice now :D And I really hope that Rupe get well soon!!

So yeah, a strange noise in the apartment IS a good excuse man! Hope you could sort it out? :confused:

I never quit races, even if I'm running last as it's all practice for me. Especially if being lapped. As that's an important part of racing too for some of us whether we're just having a bad day or racing multi class.

I'd heard a few weird noises earlier and a couple of louder noises during the race that I just shrugged off as coming from another apt. But the one that made me jump up out of my sim rig and grab a tripod, (that's all I really had as a weapon in my man cave), was so loud and actually sounded like it was just outside my door.
Serious heart pounding stuff searching round my apt in case someone or more had got in...
Anyway, had a great time and hope to join again soon.

@Des Bain was it you who took me out in the last 2 min, we were driving next to each other the straight up the hill? Not sure why it was necessary to take me out there, this crash was so violent with a direct drive wheel my arms would have been broken for sure and golden rule?!

I had a look at the replay and looked like a normal racing incident to me, you didn't defend the inside line and he went for the overtake and he had his front wheels next to yours coming to the corner but you closed the door at the apex --> he was halfway off track after that and had probably very little time to react to anything when you collided after the corner - nothing intentional going on here (certainly nothing I'd call "taking someone out") and hard to blame one or the other. Disclaimer; not a very experienced e-racer here, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Looked like we were getting into an awesome battle from 11th through to 5th but I turned someone around as he braked too early for a corner. Racing incident as it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other as they say.
I waited for the guys to pass me, sorry about that, and we continued racing overtaking a few cars trying to catch the field.

Yah that was me, there was some unusual commotion ahead of me so to avoid hitting the guy in front I had to take a different approach to the corner and looked like you just didn't spot that I was that slow in the corner, no hard feelings and you handled it A+.

Yah that was me, there was some unusual commotion ahead of me so to avoid hitting the guy in front I had to take a different approach to the corner and looked like you just didn't spot that I was that slow in the corner, no hard feelings and you handled it A+.
Was a shame as I think we were quite similar on pace and with the rest of the pack we were with it would have been an epic race.
Still, we live and learn. Next time hopefully will be better. :thumbsup:

Nice video! Thanks!
Would you mind uploading the replay for me? :)
I see you have this nice black box to cover the names! I appreciate the work man!

Little note to the names: in my opinion it would be enough to cover the surnames as it's nice to know who you are racing against as a spectator, if you know the guys around :)

Nice video! Thanks!
Would you mind uploading the replay for me? :)
Cheers man :) As I said, unfortunately the first third of the race is missing from my replay, I guess because I set a limit on the replay size? Don't know if someone else has the full replay?
Also, my upload speed is horrible, I could rar it and upload it, but it'll probably take some hours until you got it. So if someone else has the full replay, maybe that's the better option?

I see you have this nice black box to cover the names! I appreciate the work man!

Little note to the names: in my opinion it would be enough to cover the surnames as it's nice to know who you are racing against as a spectator, if you know the guys around :)

Would love to, but the names don't line up in the standings widget, which means I would have to change the placement of the blur after every position change.

Cheers man :) As I said, unfortunately the first third of the race is missing from my replay, I guess because I set a limit on the replay size? Don't know if someone else has the full replay?
Also, my upload speed is horrible, I could rar it and upload it, but it'll probably take some hours until you got it. So if someone else has the full replay, maybe that's the better option?

Would love to, but the names don't line up in the standings widget, which means I would have to change the placement of the blur after every position change.
Ah, sorry I didn't remember that you were the one with the broken replay.
To this: yes, a 30min replay with the second highest quality is about 350MB.

Still need to test it with the highest quality since the last update split the events up into practice, qualy and race. Before that I always had the full 1000MB replays with missing the first 10 minutes of practice :O_o:

edit: just did that, 667MB for 30min practice, alone. 1000MB should be enough for highest quality for 30 minutes!

Your arguments make all sense to me. No need to bother with uploading the replay and the box should stay as it is :p

jfyi: I'm trying to reach out to some app modders to modify their leaderboard apps such as SubStanding, prunn's ACTV or just create a new one.
Would be too nice to have a leaderboard with first names and shortened surnames. Immersion and communication at 100% but privacy still in order :)

So if you know any python coders... Send them over to me :roflmao::coffee::geek:

Last edited:
Thanks man! Already got one via PM but a month ago we had the question:
"Does the replay size has an impact on the accuracy of the data if you watch other drivers". So we had a splitscreen video and the RPM and KPH didn't matched to what you could see on the track.
So now I have two very different replay sizes and I will finally have a look at it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back