• Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi RS6 - CG Shaders problem

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by SwiftPL, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hello, I tried to make CG Shaders for Audi RS6 Saloon, and when I turn on the game car body and rims are all black, but the interior is ok. But if I familiarize view, everything seems to be OK. What am I did wrong?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Body and rims doesn't have got any shader ;)

3. This is part of your shader:

shader_body~vf_reflect
    {
    cull=none
    compression=0
    reflect=0.6
    shininess=0
    specular=0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00
    fresnel
    {
    bias=0.05
    power=2.0
    scale=1.0
    }
    layer0
    {
    map=fresnel.tga <---- This is the mistake, here should be name of texture with body color (i think body.tga)
    }
    layer1
    {
    map=$trackenvmap
    }
    }

4. That's not this. :(

5. Did you check your Qlog?

6. Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'lights_glass' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'lights_glass.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'nodamage' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'nodamage.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'metallic' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'metallic.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'mirror' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'mirror.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'windows' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default '<no texture>')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'windows2' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'windows2.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'park' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'park.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'windows_front' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'windows_front.tga')
    Sat Feb 04 22:58:06 (WARN): [racer/1528] No shader found for material 'plate' in 'data/cars/audi_rs6_c6/rs6.dof' (default 'plate.tga')

But I made shaders for it...

7. It seems some of the materials aren't readable for Racer because either the "shader_" part in front of them is missing, or because of the missing semicolon for one of the comments (tire&wheel section divider). Also, there are some shaders that won't work in the current state in general, since they are in non_cg format, only with an added "~vf_..." header. Those are the ones with fresnel/gradient textures and 3 layers for a simple dyn_standard_reflect code.
    So, long story short - try cleaning up the file, reduce the number of materials dramatically to make working with it easier... that should help identifying problems as well :)

8. Guys, I know what is the problem :x When I was saving car.shd i get "Unicode", not ANSI, and that's why my car was black :oops: Now it looks pretty nice :)