1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Audi R8 Production @ Assen - Sunday June 19, 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM R8P
    Required RACE 07 expansions: GTR-Evolution
    Class: Audi R8 Production
    Track: Assen v1.00
    Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Qualification: 18:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 18:45 GMT
    Race: 18:55 GMT (2x15 laps)
    Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and leave your event related comments in the thread.

[signuplist]102[/signuplist]

2. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

no brainer for me ;)

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up !

4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

5. It's been a long time since I drove these cars in a race, let's have a go!:)

6. I'll give em a try, I'm terrible in these things though.

7. I do have to retire from the race unfortunately. Got terminal damage in race 1 and can't participate in race 2.

More importantly, I have to give a big, fat *SORRY* to Michal Szabo for an avoidable collision in the first turns after the start, which send him into the wall and cost him a lot of time due to pitting. Please take my apology. I got onto the grass together with another car and concentrating on savely getting back on track, thus missing my breaking point completely. I just lot situation awareness. Sorry mate!

8. Very nice race everyone, thank you!

Q: 3rd, managed to do a quite nice laptime
    Race 1: Followed Dino for a few laps, it was really close, I passed him when he went wide in T1. After that I tried to pull away, got a few seconds lead, sometimes I made mistakes, but he did too. Once I turned on the pit limiter by accident at the exit of the chicane, now that was scary!:)
    Race 2: Before T1 at that "almost chicane" I got hit by someone, spun around, but fortunately back to the track, and thanks to the 4wd of the Audi I got it back on line in a moment so I could follow the pack. Did some passes at the hairpin, then when I finally got to P2 I tried to follow Michal but he was really fast! Had to defend from Yves and Nico, lucky for me they made some mistakes so I could survive, until I did one bigger mistake and spun before the chicane, then Nico got me, we went side by side until T1, and I went wide there so couldn't fight back. Then I started to push like hell, and could stay close to Nico, distance was 1,2-1,3-1,1 in the next 3 laps. But what I didn't think about was that if I go faster, the car will need more fuel so I ran out of it unfortunately. But it was a really nice race, I enjoyed it!

Thx Yves and RD for the event!

9. Nice event. Thx Yves for setting this up. I like this production cars.

Assen has a quite narrow lane and the R8 feels sluggish in a way. That makes it a tough combination, especially when driving side by side. Once in race 2 I came very close to Peter at the long back straight, missed the steer-in point a bit and got onto the grass with 2 wheels resulting in complete loss of control. Then I was just praying not to hit Peter. I was lucky and able to continue without major damage. Very interesting and fun racing overall.

Thx Yves, RD and all who joined!

10. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Sorry, It took us way too long to get back from Croft today. Took nearly 2 hours to get out of car park. Sorry I couldn't make it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.