1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Atlanta Motorsports Park rFactor2 vs. RL

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Gary Horneck, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Great job ISI on AMP. I tracked there on Saturday, and was completely prepared thanks to the fantastic job ISI did. I took a couple laps at 75% first session, then hammer down and running at 100% for the rest of the day. Made my trip to AMP one of the best track experiences ever.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not sure what the question is. I remember ISI showing pictures of the laser scanning of the track a couple years ago.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

The question was: Are manually surveyed tracks (like AMP) as good as laser scanned tracks for track learning.

BTW: Don't know if you had a camera that day. But feel free to share some pics and vids.

5. I see now. Yes, manually surveyed tracks are great for track learning. Last month I ran Road Atlanta, I prepared with iRacing's version. Other than the shock of the actual elevation changes, I knew every inch of the track. Took a couple laps to adjust for my cars braking distances and such, but then running at 100%. To prepare for Barber, I had to resort to a old converted track in GSCE. Not 100% accurate, but still knew about every nuance of that track.

My car - 2011 BMW 335i (this is at Road Atlanta) TopOfTurn3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  6. It wasn't of laser scanning, it was a transition between a real photo, and the PC rendering of the terrain matching up to that image.

[/nitpick]

ps: super cool you drove Road Atlanta!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well whatever the process, it works well as a track training device. If only there was a simulation of the National Corvette Museum track, I'll be running that in early June.

8. Real life has amazing likeness to the rF2 version!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

This is something so many people say.
    Somehow sims just can't transport this correctly through the monitor.