ATI Video Cards + Drivers

Just to make sure; you are running SP1 for Vista? Without it, gaming Su#%s under Vista.

Also make sure you have proper Chipset drivers installed for your mainboard.

Have Vista64Ultimate (sp1) here with the 4870X2 running smooth and without the NVidia freezes :)

Sorry to hear you got this problem. All I could suggest is indeed make sure you use the latest drivers, have a clean healthy spy and virusfree computer and make sure your temps are right for your card and your proc.

Since I got the same card with a E6600 proc and run everything in max settings with AI on within the game and have 0 problems and get 30+ fps always. Not overclocked neither. ( use game settings in ATI control panel ).

So it should work proper just need to find out where your problem or bottleneck is.

Edit: Just realised I got the 3870...not that it is much faster though.
To be honest I think the 3870 is much more powerfull, have it as well, the 3870 is about the performance of a 4850 (that what I read in multiple tests), where as the 3850 by far not, but maybe I am mixing something

I am not using any overclocking.

So I have done these, to early to judge whether it helped or not, but....:)
The tool has done something that makes me see now only see 3.25 GB RAM of my 4, before I saw all 4. Any idea?

Btw. after the guru3d.com I used another one called Driver Cleaner Pro (also free), which found more files afterwards (but at that time I was already running on 3.25GB).

With 64bit you should see all 4 Gigs, 32bit shows 4Gigs too btw.

Can you give me detailed specs from your system, like motherboard, cpu, gpu, memory, os and service packs etc.

You can also make me a system dump with System Information, so i can see what you have installed.

With 64bit you should see all 4 Gigs, 32bit shows 4Gigs too btw.

Can you give me detailed specs from your system, like motherboard, cpu, gpu, memory, os and service packs etc.

You can also make me a system dump with System Information, so i can see what you have installed.

Did the system dump, lots of information in there, guess afterwards you can tell the color of my underwear :)! Thanks for looking at this!

I had 4GB available before I cleaned the drivers, this happened after I ran the cleaning tool.

BTW, since then the system did not crash again, so I would carefully say 'solved'. (Though after Murphies Law, I guess it crashes after I press the save button here :) )

Attachments

• SysSpecs.zip
    45.9 KB · Views: 518
I will look at it later today and send you an update.
Thanks a lot!

I should not have said it.... it just crashed again :(! Blue screen. Can I do anything with the dump file it creates during the blue screen?

Interesting enough it happened so far never while I was racing, always when I am on the Desktop (though GTR-E was still running, but only in the menus not in a race).

ATI

Hi everyone :)

I just started hotlaping on Bram's maniac track and i noticed the picture/detail didn't look very good:( so I looked in my Ati catalyst control centre and It won't let me reactivate my ATi colour controls:(
This problem has happened before but before it would let me click on reactivate my ATi colour controls
Can someone help me reactivate them please

Thnx Ben

• David Hal

Maybe a stupid thought of me,
but what if you use the "default" button, on the right corner?
Doesn't this set the whole CCC back to basic?

• David Hal

It seems that "the ATI color controls are disabled whenever a third-party application is used to adjust the colors". (See picture below)

And what about a new reinstallation of the Ati driver?
About 5 minutes of work:wink2:

Attachments

• CCC.jpg
    CCC.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 182

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back