ATI graphics optimization

Hi dear NKPro drivers
I'm running on a system with a HD 4870 GPU and have played around a bit with the AA and AF settings in Cataclyst and ingame.

One point is that I can't set the in-game value to maximum for AA as it says it's not supported on the loading screen. That should not be that much of a problem as I'm able to set it to the second highest value.

But the graphics don't look as good as they could in my opinion. I'm not at home currently so can't post any screenshots.
The cars itself look great with all the reflections and stuff - but the track and grass appear to have graphical problems. Such as pixelsized holes/white spots all over the place. Makes for a sparkling image that looks not very realistic.

Anyone else having similar graphics output?

Disclaimer: Maybe it's just NKPro's graphics engine but I only heard good things about it and how realistic it looks.. and I don't feel like I'm there yet in terms of realistic graphical representation.

• Gerard de Koeijer

After placing the atiumdag.dll file in the root folder of Netkar Pro 1.1, the graphics were fine (thx to Lee).

Now i have downloaded Netkar Pro 1.2 (nice...:tongue:) the atiumdag.dll doesn't seem to be "working" anymore.

Do I have to change something? Can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance!

See you out there!

I've got the same thing since 1.2. A lot of flickering textures, especially Monaco and Aviano, any metallic surfaces like fences and guard rails. 1.1 wasn't that bad, I tried the atiumdag.dll same here no difference.

In any case I find atiumdag.dll just made everything blurry and not very detailed, exactly the same effect achieved by setting the mipmap bias lower in the nkpro.ini to a positive value like 1.5 instead of -1.5. That still works like the atiumdag file did (sort of), but the flickering textures are unaffected. Strange as I didn't change any graphical settings in CCC, its almost as if certain textures aren't getting any AA or any AF.

i have same problem, (and nTPro Developers)

5870 Mobility
i7-720
8GB 1333
(asus gaming laptop G73JH)

had FPS around 20-30, 1280x720 (1920x1080 no works, game was too slow)
after change AA at minimum FPS is around 65-90. with 1920x1080 but on game track looks not so correct detected squares :(

i hope next updates willbe possible fixed this ERROR

I haven't been racing lately because of hardware issues (unrelated to GPU) but I tested the new incredible Mugello track and everything thing seems to be getting worse. A lot of flickering and shimmering and just general tearing and lag. At its current state Netkar is becoming unplayable for me. I have to restart windows all the time before playing

I posted over at drivingItalia about ATI issues but never got an answer. I should mention that FVA does a similar thing and was recently updated, so maybe its some sort of update in the graphics engine in preparation for the rain, but then again what do I know! :p In any case can't imagine how the rain will ever run on my system!

Rfactor on the other hand works perfectly with all setting on FULL/MAX and a grid of over 20 cars, so this is definitely Netkar specific.

Why the hell do people like ATI so much???? all I here is bad things, mostly regarding mipmap issues-----Nvidia here I come!

That dll worked perfectly for me with my 4870X2 but have to say since moving to the GTX470 NKPro just looks alot nicer. Maybe you guys who are having issues with the dll in the new version could PM the guy that created it and ask him to update it. In my original post i linked to the thread over at NG so he is easy enough to find.

Maybe you guys who are having issues with the dll in the new version could PM the guy that created it and ask him to update it. In my original post i linked to the thread over at NG so he is easy enough to find.
yes i have asking him, and her file has doing me now simple happy :) now i can play with AA 8X around 85-100-110 FPS
but i use only AA 4x and FPS have from 110-up-up around 150 FPS
DOWNLOAD here - http://www.multiupload.com/SV1VQQG15Z put game directory
HD 5870 Mobility / Win7 64-bit

thanks author -lukija- for this great work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back