ATi 5770 biggest mistake ive made.......

It could possibly be a faulty card but the first PSU you mentioned is probably struggling at 450W and the second one may not be pumping out the power required. The cheap PSU's out there - Qtec etc may not be pumping out what they say they are on the voltage rails which results in random crashes. Its always worth spending a little bit of your budget on a good quality PSU.

right when i get payed im gonna go all out and buy a corsair 750w psu then i'll try it without a clean install of windows (because ive only had it installed a couple of months and way too much stuff that i need on here) and see if that makes any difference what so ever.

Rob before you go out
think really well what you are planning to do with 750W. Are you maybe planning in the coming 1 or 2 year a major upgrade or will stay with the current configuration?
If it is the later, than maybe 750W might be to much...
I don't know what hardware do you have, but I think maybe around 650W is much better for you and your wallet :)
I myself have an Antec True Power Trio 650W that powers my old Asus P5K-E Wifi/AP together with an Intel E8400, 2x1GB ram, Geforce 8800GT 512MB, X-Fi platinum profesional soundcard, a cardreader, 2 DVD drives, 2 WD Harddrives and usual USB stuff (G25, Webcam). and in a couple of days an extra HD and 2GB ram...and somewhere in 6 months a new graphics card...and the 650W should do fine for me..
don't know your config, but it should also do fine there :wink:, unless you have more stuff than I have.

well i bought the 650w ive put it in, running absolutely fine on any game with no problems with the 5770 last night, turned the pc off overnight like normal, turned it on this morning went to run a game and bang straight away a blue screen

• methix0r

i am haveing the exact same problem as u , i have a 5770 650 watt antec psu core i5 750 4 gig ddr3 antec 900 case now , first of i was getting blue screens in windows 7 with my old ati 4850 after i bougtht this new comp so i did a fresh instal of windows 7 and fixed it turned computer of overnite bam blue screen , but i have a dua operating system and no blue screen in windows xp.. os i did another fresh install of windows 7 and at this time i got a 5770 so i put it in and boy was it stuffed up, i had to upgrade the bios on my mother board which is p55-ud3 from f3 to f5 cause the 5770 was crashing when i watched any videos at ful screen and forceing me to restart , so with the f5 bios i reseated the video card removed all driver re installed , and bam fixed all the large mouse and crashing in games and when watching videos at full screen at least i thought... next day turned it off overnite turned it on bam blue screen windows 7 and it didt recgognize the drivers in the video card so it was like it wasnt installed funny thing is this did not happend in windows xp it botoed up fine recognized the card all ok i have not have one problem with the card in windows xp no blue screen crashed no errors of any sort only in windows 7 after u leave the pc of over nite then go to turn it on the next day no idea what thats is.

and it isnt the power supply the antec 650 watt is more than capable of hanling a antec 900 with 4 fans and a 5770 , and t he fact that if it was a psu issue i would see problems in windows xp to not just windows 7 which i am notwhich also gets rid of the motherboard problems, and next if the card is faulty why is it working in windows xp with no blue screen crashes.

maybe the windows 7 drivers + windows 7 is the problem here i have no other ideas and the fact that if u take it to a compuetr shop wtf r they gonn a do to fix t.....

it has to be a driver issues but then again why is it working in xp fne and not windows 7 when u leave the computer of overnite

ye there wil be spelling mistakes so jsut ignore them

well ive got my 5770 still sat here because Overclockers UK want me to spend £25 sending it back then if they find nothing wrong with it they'll charge me to get it back so its going nowhere at the moment

• methix0r

i contacted xfx at first they said it was at fault, but anyway i put my 4850 in just now and boom no blue screen in windows 7 what im gnna do is lturn it of overnit e when i boot up tommorow and if there s no blue screen then its the 5770 at fault + or drivers and i will be taking the card back to the shop i bought it form .

since xfx said card was at fault i should have no problems getting my money back or getting another card

Does BFG still run a lifetime warranty? had a card that was around 3 years old replaced no questions asked from them a few years ago and luckily their local office was right in my town so it was a drive away.

• methix0r

its all bull**** nothing to do with the video cards itself i bought a saphire 5770 i originaly had a xfx 5770 both cards arnt fualty yet i ge tthe same problem afte ru instlal it is fine onc eu turn comp of next day u turn it on blue screne in windows 7 , tho it works in xp fine so it is a either a window s7 compatability issuse or the drivers r ****ing windows 7 up

Does BFG still run a lifetime warranty? had a card that was around 3 years old replaced no questions asked from them a few years ago and luckily their local office was right in my town so it was a drive away.

I can confirm BFG do indeed still do the totally no quibble or hassle lifetime replacement thing,i had to get my 8800GTX OC replaced a month or so back and it was a breeze,top marks to BFG after sales! :good:.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%