1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATCC won't run on my machine

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I have tried to run with this mod several times.
    Downloaded installed mod
    Downloaded and installed the update.

As long as there are just a couple of people online I can drive but as either the number increses or a certain car comes onboard, I get a minidump and can't get back on.

At first I did have a bunch of other car Mods installed. I deleted all those and still got minidumps. I tried moving all my tracks out of the sim but still no good.

Keith Barrick tried to help me online once and I tried to follow his advice but it was race time an I didn't want to take his time.

What's a good fix for this, ATCC is used a lot right now at times that I want to race.

Thanks!

2. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

If i were you i would do clean install of the race series, keep your important stuff like the driver profile and setups ( move it out from the mydocuments/simbin folder ) manually delete the whole steam and simbin folders and start a fresh. There is a good chance some leftover stuff from other mods you had are still in there and interfere with ATCC. I had a similar problem a few months ago, tried to unistall all the mods but the one i wanted to run still didn't. Only fresh install did the trick.

3. Will a "delete local content" then re-download work?

4. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

I believe it would as long as you get rig of the content of MyDocuments/SimBin folder.

5. Oh hallelujah, after a "delete local content" on just Race07 itself, and with just the ATCC mod installed currently, I don't get a mindump trying to use the ATCC mod offline, or in a Online LAN session.

Now all I have to do is wait for the next ATCC event to see if this happens again.

6. Hunch only - could this be the result of a conflict between files needed for ATCC and Nations Grand Prix? If so it might shed some light on why getting a server running for NGP was so troublesome for the staff. If people entered for both Leagues or running both sets of files couldn't get their PC's working without a removing other mods then what chance would RD Staff have of getting a server loaded with both these and numerous other files to work????

Note to those more eagle eyed amongst us - I am NOT suggesting that priority has been given to either league on RD or that any foul play exists here just trying to help get to the bottom of a problem that I know has caused a number of people including RD Staff and members a great deal of effort and upset..

7. On this note, I have both mods installed and had no issue joining and racing in any server for ATCC, or NGP prologue.

I do not know about server side as on my dedicated I only have ATCC installed, but I cant verify or deny 100% that this is causing an issue. Perhaps Yuri could shed some light on this matter.

Keith

8. Thanks for posting Keith - It was only a theory and I was hoping someone would see my words and have a sudden flash of inspiration that it was a particular car id or something like that and everyones headaches would be solved... Ever the eternal optimist I am.. got to be or I'd give up collecting the blue flags here and go play offline all by myself!!

9. I can tell you that a FINAL V of ATCC is forthcoming soon. Some additional changes to the 407 files for one is supposed to address the known issues of the mod and minidumps.

I have yet to ever have a problem with the mod form day one however.

10. Dennis did you manage to solve the problem?

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Hello fellow Nutmegger! Keith and I will be working on it tonight. I may be online with the mod to do some work during the day too.

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

OK, I ran in the free practice ofr the ATCC event on friday evening. There was a fair crowd and I'd guess a variety of cars were in the show. I didn't get a minidump and had no problems!

I did the same thing I had done in the past, simply deleting any mods that I had in the /Teams/ folder.
    This time it worked, the magic of Windows I guess.

I should be able to pick up an ATCC modded event now. Thanks all for your help.

13. Good to hear you're back in action dennis!!