1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aston DBR9 @ Sebring - Monday April 4th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Class: GT Pro Aston Martin
    Track: Sebring International
    Weather: Dry

Practice start time: 0000 GMT (tuesday)
    Qualification start time: 0100 GMT (tuesday)
    Warm-up start time: 0110 GMT (tuesday)
    Race start time: 0120 GMT (tuesday)

Race Format: 2 x 30 minutes / Mandatory stop for tires ( tire wear 2x normal )

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Glen KAbis
    3. Dennis Phelan
    4. Keith Barrick
    5. Tyler Scurlock
    6. Dariusz Swiderski
    7. Chris Rigby
    8. Saul Boucher
    9. Sam Mehler
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  2. Sign me up. Thanks.
  3. I may do this as well, but will let you know in a day or so.
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

5. This is a small scale test for AGTC as the Aston is close to the F550 we will be using.

Sign me up please
  6. next week we will run them again but up the fuel usage and Tires to 2x and run a full 60 minutes at Road America I think........
  7. Sign me up please.
  8. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

Sign me up please. Thx
  9. sign me up please mate, ill be back off holiday then :)
  10. Put me down please.
  11. I could walk sebring and have a good time. Driving it is so much better than that!!

Sign me up!
  12. Race server is up!
  13. I have walked Sebring :) ... and driven it hehe.
  14. deregister me please, to tired.
  15. Might not be able to make it tonight, sorry.
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

A great track, I hope we can find more like this!
    Once again an event where througout all the sessions I was only ever running as fast as I did in the first session. I just never picked up any speed.

R1, R2: Uneventfull really except for a tap by Eric in R1 and punting Sam into the wall in R2. I'm sorry for the hit Sam.
  17. I came into the server with high expectations but with reservations. I love the track, but I am not real familiar with the car so did a bit of practice on my dedicated server and managed to get a setup going that was running 2:01. Got on track on the real server and I was just barely able to squeek out a 2:02:9. During the setup process I had failed to look at car height, and found out from Keith that the car was capable of dropping down to a 5 in the front, so proceeded to drop the car. This was a blessing and a nightmare as I ended up with so much front grip that the back end was light in the turns.

Racing it was fun though and I was able to launch better than some on the first race and gain a spot or 2, but lost it at the safety pin where I dropped the left front off the tarmac and ended up spinning. Pit stop went well and picked up a place during the pit. Finished 8th in the first race moving to pole position for the start of the second.

On launch of the second I must have been spacing out some because I was pushing the rev limiter in 1st for a second before I made my shift to 2nd. Not a great start. Running the track was going smoother than race 1 mostly due to the extra 2 ticks on the rear wing I put in. Coming into the pits I was cautious and in the middle of the entry lane and got tapped by someone causing aero damage, :( Oh well, set pit menu to fix and near 30 seconds later back out of the pits. I really hate that extremely long pit lane hehe. Managed to finish just short of last though, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

I have to say that running these cars has been helping me learn to handle rear wheel drives. I am getting better at anticipating the power slide coming out of the turns, and am not spinning around due to it anymore. Keep the GT class coming, I am having fun :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.