F1 2010 Assists VS no assists

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys, this is the first topic i have posted here, i hope nobody minds. Im a ps3 user, i know that most people here play on the PC version of the game (certainly in the topics ive read anyway) but its great to come here to discuss setups, issues ect ect...

Anyways I digress. Recently ive become pretty competent at driving with the assists off (leaving automatic gear box and pit lane assistance on though), i prefer driving like this because it makes the game more challenging and realistic, as well as making career mode in particular more competitive. However recently ive began to wonder whether my skills with assists off, actually surpass my skills with assists on.

Having the assists on, to me, is too easy, because you can attack everything 100% and you rarely face a consequence, and i play for the challenge and realism, as well as understanding that competent throttle/brake control is a skill in itself that many fail to master.

However ive tried to do a few TT's leaving the assists on believing this was the way to get the fastest time, because you can, attack more, break later and gas it earlier. I remember i did a 1.43.3xx at Spa with the assists ON, and since then, ive never been able to beat that (one reason is because the goast car does my absolute head in, and makes me loose consentration). Im quite disappointed with that time, and i never even considered that, far for the assists helping me, they could actuall be slowing me down.

In a Multiplayer race, i had all the assists OFF (manual gearbox and pit assist on) and i managed a 1.43.4xx at Spa, and it wasnt even that much of a good lap (missing the odd apex ect ect) i was so confused as to how i could nearly match my time with assists ON when logically you would think it would be harder.

Anyways, i thought i would ask you guys for your opinions. Do you think there is any truth in the fact that mastering driving with assists OFF will actually make you faster? Do you think that the best times on TT are obtained by people driving like that?

Assists ON or assists OFF, whats your opinions fellas?

You can understeer entering a corner just as you can understeer exiting a corner. You can oversteer entering a corner (often referred to as "Lift off oversteer" which does not seem to be much of an issue in this game, but is very much a real problem out there in the world) and you can oversteer exiting a corner. Having TC turn on can save your bacon in power-on oversteer scenarios exiting corners, but it won't be doing much anywhere else.

A massive advantage by the sounds of it! TCS should only effect getting the power down out of a corner but from what you have said it sounds like it does a lot more to help you out.

Not that i find i have any understeer though, but then again have never played with TCS ON so wouldnt know the difference.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%