1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assists off and competetive

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Osvaldas, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Hi! I wanted to ask, if it's possible to be competetive playing with keybord, all assists off, proffessional difficulty?
  2. Well it depends on your ability. Obviously a keyboard is possibly the worst control device you could choose. You will have no incremental / analogue delivery of your input and I can't see it being an enjoyable experience with or without assists at any level. At least go buy a cheap gamepad, you can pick them up for peanuts.
  3. Well, actually I enjoy and I became world champion in my second career, second season with Sauber, pro difficulty level.
  4. So what you asking the question for then?
  5. I drive with all assists on. I tried driving with assists off, but it is almost impossible, so I wonder is it me, or generally it is impossible to drive like that.
  6. I use a controller and don't have progressive throttle or braking, you would be better off practising without auto-brake on. However after turning ABS and TCS off it's almost impossible to go fast without constantly locking up or spinning out.
  7. It would be almost imposible to have TC off as you have no throttle control you only have full throttle or no throttle, I'm sure no ABS would also be difficult
  8. Yep, Racing Games = better with Steering Wheels...there is no throttle control with controllers or keyboard therefor having aids of is pointless... and hard.
  9. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz

I tried this a few days ago back to keyboard, what I came from before the G25 days, I hit my braking points more often everything is much easier to be presice off my personal best at Montreal by only 1/2 a second, cant be too shabby.
  10. By the way, I don't use auto-brake, tyres and fuel sims are on.