assign keyboard / wheel button shortcuts to individual apps ?

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
Is it possible to assign shortcuts to individual apps in Assetto Corsa?
I cannot run Assetto Corsa with apps on (cuts my FPS in half and I don't like the clutter either).

I like to use the real time app when racing and have CTRL+H assigned to a button on the racing wheel through the joytokey key remapping app.
This way I can call up the app when I need it and shut it down right away without using the mouse.

I would like a few other apps to treat the same. Is there a way to assign individual shortcuts to specific apps?

Is it possible to assign shortcuts to individual apps in Assetto Corsa?
I cannot run Assetto Corsa with apps on (cuts my FPS in half and I don't like the clutter either).

I like to use the real time app when racing and have CTRL+H assigned to a button on the racing wheel through the joytokey key remapping app.
This way I can call up the app when I need it and shut it down right away without using the mouse.

I would like a few other apps to treat the same. Is there a way to assign individual shortcuts to specific apps?
Dirk, as far as I know, this can't be done. Maybe someone that knows more than I do knows about an .ini file you can edit for this.

Thanks for letting me know Bobby :-(
Currently the workaround is to map CTRL+H and CTR-L to two separate buttons on the steering wheel (using joyToKey).
This way I can setup apps to just show the live lap time (for hot lapping) and being able to switch it on and off directly from the wheel.
To know who I am racing with online I have the ini file edited, which is responsible to show drivers names over the cars.
I have switched off the red arrow indicator, enlarged the font from 18 to 20 but reduced the display distance from 100 to just 30.
This way I always know who I am in direct contact with but have no visual overload with lots of driver names and gizmos floating around the track + I can switch it on and off directly from a button on the wheel.

It would be fantastic if we could map a keyboard short cut to each app individually, this way people can map those apps to their wheels and button boxes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back