1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Assetto Corsa's best open-wheel, F1-type experience?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Billy Pilgrim, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Hi
    I've been enjoying that recently released Ferrari F1 2002 mod. It's my favourite right now. I also enjoy the Formula Renault 3.5 one a lot too.

Are there any other must-have, open-wheel, F1-like mods or Kunos originals?

Which is your favourite?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Formula Abarth for me :inlove:

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Where to download this Formula Renault 3.5 ?? Or its the RSR Formula 3 2.0 ??

4. Really? I've hardly tried it. I'll give it another go as you say it's good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium Member

If you’re in oldschool F1 then I’d suggest the Lotus 72 or Lotus 25. Also the McLaren M23 mod is a joy to drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

By default in the game. Overlooked by many :)

But it might be personal preference of course. I really love the lower powered open wheelers. They provide for super close racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

Lotus 49 and on suitable track Lotus 25 .. Lotus 79D for more casual experience is great too and from mods it is Renault 3.5 (much better than original modern openwhellers content)

8. Which would be a suitable track for the Lotus 25?

9. SakL

SakL
    Black flagged in a club race! Premium Member

Brands Hatch or Zandvoort. Any tight and twisty track more or less :)

10. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

As said .. more curves, less long straight, you can make it work on any track but gearchange and cornering is what makes those cars fun ...

11. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium Member

For me Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312T give the greatest experience in AC.
    Then Lotus 98T when it's time for powaaa :p

12. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

Sometimes I find the likes of the formula abarth (and F3) a bit dull. They're a certain type of race car, you have to be precise and clean, it severely punishes mistakes.

But why no love for the lotus T125? I know it's not technically a F1 car but it's close enough. I remember spending a week with the F40 in the early days of AC, then moving to the Lotus and the difference was incredible. It was clear the T125 was a car designed to be raced. It was compliant, progressive, and seemed like it was trying to help me go faster rather than kill me, like the F40.

The older F1 cars with downforce are great though, they're like the best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  13. "Best" is kind of ambiguous, I think... "fastest" are probably the modern Ferrari, Mercedes, or Williams cars. But my favorites for fun to drive are the McLaren M23, Tautus Formula Master, and Lotus 49. From the next level of speed, it would be the Formula Renault 3.5.

14. The ASR F1SR team are developing some exciting F1 cars of the 90s. There's currently the 1991 Ferrari 643 and the 1996 Ferrari F310 available as betas to donators, but the final releases will be free.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium Member

Also the B192?

16. B191, if I was going to be pedantic! It's there on the WIP page on their website so hopefully will appear eventually. These things tend to take a long time to come to fruition, a lot of work involved.

That reminds me though, another team are working on the B194. The people who did the F1 2015 all cars mod that's in RD's downloads section.

http://acfligue.com/benetton-b194-m-schumacher-1994/

• Like Like x 1
  17. lotus 72 and ferrari 312

18. Go crank up the damper's on that 125 and see how "close enough" it is...Lol