Assetto Corsa's best open-wheel, F1-type experience?

Hi
I've been enjoying that recently released Ferrari F1 2002 mod. It's my favourite right now. I also enjoy the Formula Renault 3.5 one a lot too.

Are there any other must-have, open-wheel, F1-like mods or Kunos originals?

Which is your favourite?

Lotus 49 and on suitable track Lotus 25 .. Lotus 79D for more casual experience is great too and from mods it is Renault 3.5 (much better than original modern openwhellers content)

Sometimes I find the likes of the formula abarth (and F3) a bit dull. They're a certain type of race car, you have to be precise and clean, it severely punishes mistakes.

But why no love for the lotus T125? I know it's not technically a F1 car but it's close enough. I remember spending a week with the F40 in the early days of AC, then moving to the Lotus and the difference was incredible. It was clear the T125 was a car designed to be raced. It was compliant, progressive, and seemed like it was trying to help me go faster rather than kill me, like the F40.

The older F1 cars with downforce are great though, they're like the best of both worlds.

"Best" is kind of ambiguous, I think... "fastest" are probably the modern Ferrari, Mercedes, or Williams cars. But my favorites for fun to drive are the McLaren M23, Tautus Formula Master, and Lotus 49. From the next level of speed, it would be the Formula Renault 3.5.

But why no love for the lotus T125? I know it's not technically a F1 car but it's close enough. I remember spending a week with the F40 in the early days of AC, then moving to the Lotus and the difference was incredible. It was clear the T125 was a car designed to be raced. It was compliant, progressive, and seemed like it was trying to help me go faster rather than kill me, like the F40.

The older F1 cars with downforce are great though, they're like the best of both worlds.

Go crank up the damper's on that 125 and see how "close enough" it is...Lol

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 301 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing