Assetto Corsa Xbox Update Delayed Further - Release Date Unknown

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Xbox One Update Delayed.jpg

The debacle that is the scheduled Xbox One update for Assetto Corsa has taken yet another nose dive, with Kunos Simulazioni admitting the planned release date of this week has slipped... again.

Unfortunately the process of requesting and subsequently receiving update approvals for games hosted on the Microsoft family of consoles is a difficult and challenging path in which to negotiate, a difficulty Kunos and their console development partners 505 Games have fallen foul of previously when attempting to deploy updates for the title in the recent past.

Expecting to bring the Xbox version in line with its PC and PlayStation 4 counterparts earlier in the year, the initial update launch was held back by Microsoft in order to allow the developers more time to work on some issues highlighted by the console giants. Following a period of silence on the subject from Kunos and 505 Games the developers took to their official social media channels earlier this month to confirm an expected release of the 1.14 update was scheduled for the end of the previous week. Of course this deadline has now passed and it appears that an end to the update saga is still not yet within sight.

With yet another deadline overdue, Kunos have recently confirmed that an exact release date for the next patch is still up in the air for Xbox players, with the following statement regarding the state of the title below:

"Hi everyone. We just wanted to give you all an update on the situation regarding Update v 1.14 on Xbox One... As you know, we have encountered some issues in our submissions process and we're not in the clear yet! We understand that this is incredibly frustrating for our players and we can only apologise at this stage for the delay.

We will of course, keep you up to date with the latest and as soon as we're ready to launch, we will let you all know!"

It is in no doubt that this latest blow must come as disappointing news for Xbox One Assetto Corsa players, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment as we bring you the latest updates on the situation as and when they become available.

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 right now.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to get together with your fellow sim racing fans and discuss the simulation on all three launch platforms for the title. As well as providing a space on the internet for you to chat, read the latest news and throw out any questions to your fellow sim racing fans, we also host a range of pretty awesome club racing events in a wide variety of cars, plus we have a substantial archive of regularly updated mods for you to browse and download at your leisure. Head over, say hello and get involved today!

Xbox One player? What do you think of the current situation regarding the title on the console? Are you looking forward to the update, do you think these sorts of issues shouldn't be happening now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No worries. Also some PS4 users have troubles with that track. Going to find a solution in the next update.

I'm sorry.

Ok thanks for replying and no problem, trust me to pick the one that has issues.

I've just run through all the other tracks and they seem to be working fine :).

Just glad custom lobbies are finally working so thank you and I look forward to future updates.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years