XB1 Assetto Corsa Xbox One Update, Prestige and Japanese Packs Incoming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Black Cat County.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed build 1.03 of Assetto Corsa on Xbox One, bringing with it a smoother framerate, removal of the screen tearing issue, re-balancing of the AI plus the Black Cat County track and the Maserati Levante as free bonus content.

Alongside the update for Xbox One, Kunos have confirmed the Prestige Pack DLC will be made available to both PS4 and Xbox One owners of the game, bringing nine new machines to the simulation. PlayStation 4 owners can download the pack immediately, with Xbox One players able to purchase the new content from Friday 7th October.

In somewhat of a DLC frenzy for console players, tomorrow will also mark the date where both console versions of the title will receive the ability to purchase the Japanese Pack and Performance Upgrade DLC packages.

The Japanese Pack DLC
Assetto Corsa Japanese DLC .png

Hugely popular in PC form, the Japanese Dream Machines DLC contains seven new cars in a total of ten configurations, including the stunningly epic Mazda Miata (star of our recent Mazda MX-5 league) as well as some potent Japanese classics.
  • Mazda MX-5 2015 Road
  • Mazda MX-5 Cup
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Road & Tuned
  • Nissan 370Z NISMO
  • Nissan GT-R R34 Skyline V-Spec
  • Toyota Supra MK IV Road, Time Attack and Drift
  • Toyota AE86 Trueno Road, Tuned and Drift
Prestige Pack DLC
Assetto Corsa Prestige Pack DLC.jpg

Featuring some of the most iconic and desirable road cars in recent memory, the Prestige Pack DLC contains a variety of different vehicles to enjoy. From the relatively sedate BMW M4 Coupe, to the raw power of the 2015 Mustang, to the totally mental Lamborghini Gallardo Supereggera. Something for everyone.
  • Audi A1 S1
  • Audi R8 V10 Plus
  • BMW M4 Coupe
  • Corvette C7 Stingray
  • Ferrari 488 GTB
  • Ford Mustang 2015
  • Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo 2015
  • Toyota GT86

Performance Upgrade Pack DLC

Basically if you pre-ordered Assetto Corsa then you will be able to buy the remaining 6 cars from the Prestige pack in the Performance Upgrade pack.

The Assetto Corsa Season Pass does not contain the additional bonus cars seen in the PRESTIGE and PERFORMANCE packs

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Assetto Corsa on RaceDepartment - THE place to race with your fellow fans. Check out our racing club and league events today, we run a wide selection of some of the best content available in Assetto Corsa. Its a blast!

If modding is your thing, we have you covered! We hold a substantial mods database, with numerous cars, tracks, apps and skins to download. If you want to showcase a project, or just get some good modding advice, have a look at out Modding Discussions forum, the new home of mod discussions for Assetto Corsa.

How are you finding the new PS4 update? Are you looking forward to the DLC packages? Which car do are you most anticipating in the new packs? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well folks I hope you enjoyed reading this, and the other articles here on RD. Now I (politely) ask for something in return :)

All this talk of SUVs in AC, please, just stop it :D Seriously folks, constructive discussion is awesome, but recently its all gotten a little bit silly in places, and to be honest it starts to swallow up a lot of the fun in doing these articles. I appreciate its not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. But some of us (me included) actually quite like to drive them from time to time. The world is a big place, full of greatness and sadness, often sitting side by side. Peace, war, riches and destitution are all around us, in the grand scheme of things a couple of free SUVs in a racing game really doesn't matter, does it? Come on, lets move on from that one now, and get back to enjoying this awesome thing we call sim racing.

Please :D

Since this is about dlc... this console dlc policy seems pretty ridiculous. I have no doubt that this is at 505 Games behest, but this is pretty bad.

Pre-order cars, Prestige pack, and then the 'real' dlc packs. Of course they have a 'season pass' too, but that only includes porsche, red pack, and japanese pack. How can you have a season pass and exclude a full pack of dlc (+pre order cars)?

Makes it needlessly confusing for the end user.

Also doesnt help that it wasnt entirely clear that buying the season pass got you nothing extra on release of the game. Since the console version lags quite far behind the PC version code wise, the Red Pack for instance cant be released since code that the Ferrari F1 cars use isnt in the console version yet. So, that pack cant be released yet. Same with the Japanese pack since it included rear wheel steering.

Bit of a shame that this process has to be so rough, but the content itself is quite nice.

Since this is about dlc... this console dlc policy seems pretty ridiculous. I have no doubt that this is at 505 Games behest, but this is pretty bad.

Pre-order cars, Prestige pack, and then the 'real' dlc packs. Of course they have a 'season pass' too, but that only includes porsche, red pack, and japanese pack. How can you have a season pass and exclude a full pack of dlc (+pre order cars)?

I agree that the pre-order thing was pretty bad and in my mind a big misstep (probably by 505) - even more with how the release went. But which full DLC pack is getting excluded in the season pass? PC and console content isn't the same but beyond the pre-order bonus packs that are available separately the season pass includes the Japanese, Red and Porsche DLC packs. The Triple and Dream pack DLC were all already included in the console release.

I agree that the pre-order thing was pretty bad and in my mind a big misstep (probably by 505) - even more with how the release went. But which full DLC pack is getting excluded in the season pass? PC and console content isn't the same but beyond the pre-order bonus packs that are available separately the season pass includes the Japanese, Red and Porsche DLC packs. The Triple and Dream pack DLC were all already included in the console release.

Prestige pack isnt included in the Season Pass. You have to buy that separately I imagine. And that just released today as far as I can tell. Or is the Prestige pack the pre-order bonus stuff, which is only now being made available for those that didnt pre-order?

In that case, it still feels quite weird that it isnt included in the season pass.

Referring to this from OP:

Performance Upgrade Pack DLC
Basically if you pre-ordered Assetto Corsa then you will be able to buy the remaining 6 cars from the Prestige pack in the Performance Upgrade pack.

The Assetto Corsa Season Pass does not contain the additional bonus cars seen in the PRESTIGE and PERFORMANCE packs

Prestige pack isnt included in the Season Pass. You have to buy that separately I imagine. And that just released today as far as I can tell. Or is the Prestige pack the pre-order bonus stuff, which is only now being made available for those that didnt pre-order?

In that case, it still feels quite weird that it isnt included in the season pass.

Referring to this from OP:
Well, as I said...

The pre-order content consisted of the Performance and Prestige Editions, which were not available at every retailer. Typical publisher pre-order BS, whatever. The pre-order bonus content (Peformance and Prestige pack) is now available separately but was never included in the season pass. That was known since the season pass was made available. The rest of the DLC not initially included in the console release is included in the season pass (at least those listed, Japanese, Red and Porsche packs) and of those the Japanese Pack is now available.

It seemed to me that the should have bundled all of the available content into the console release, Look at what they are competing against in the console space.

Anyhow, It would be interesting to know if the console crowd are happier with the game since the patches were released?

Screen tearing is still not fixed and Stutters like crazy still. Same issue with Pcars release on console and it took them months to fix that issue to the point where I stopped playing and didn't pick it back up.

Initially thought it had been fixed but after 1 lap at Vallelunga the craziness started again.

Big fail.

on official AC forum xbox users are saying good things about the latest update.
Apart from the gamepad controller gamma settings,witch looks like need tweaking..
or people should buy a cheap wheel and use AC as it should :)

The pre-order bonus content (Peformance and Prestige pack) is now available separately but was never included in the season pass. That was known since the season pass was made available.

Weird thing though, over on GTP a lot of players suddenly got the Performance and Prestige packs unlocked and they presumed it was because they were now included in the season pass. But I don't believe they are included in the season pass so it's a bit of a mystery why some players all of a sudden received those packs.

Weird thing though, over on GTP a lot of players suddenly got the Performance and Prestige packs unlocked and they presumed it was because they were now included in the season pass. But I don't believe they are included in the season pass so it's a bit of a mystery why some players all of a sudden received those packs.
They're not but from everything I read there were some issues since release with the unlocking of that content so I wouldn't be surprised if people who just bought the season pass got it because of some bug or whatever.

In my personal opinion that might be the right thing to do anyway, giving everyone access to the pre-order content because of the release woes. Issues at release and after several patches aren't an unknown on consoles but... I'd think customer satisfaction and retention would go over any revenue from those packs, really, particularly given the continued development similar to PC Kunos hinted at. Not on me to decide of course, but yeah.

They're not but from everything I read there were some issues since release with the unlocking of that content so I wouldn't be surprised if people who just bought the season pass got it because of some bug or whatever.

In my personal opinion that might be the right thing to do anyway, giving everyone access to the pre-order content because of the release woes. Issues at release and after several patches aren't an unknown on consoles but... I'd think customer satisfaction and retention would go over any revenue from those packs, really, particularly given the continued development similar to PC Kunos hinted at. Not on me to decide of course, but yeah.

That all depends on how the licensing agreement is set out. Many licensors charge a fee plus a percentage for every pack sold. If this is the case with Kunos not only would they be losing out on the DLC revenue but they'd also be on the hook for the percentage fee for every download.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back