Assetto Corsa Xbox One Update Delayed, PS4 Due 13th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Update.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have revealed the final Porsche DLC and build 1.12 will be released for PlayStation 4 February 13th with Xbox One to follow...

Unfortunately Xbox One players will be left disappointed today after Kunos Simulazioni and 505 games confirmed the upcoming update and Porsche DLC has been delayed, with no revised release date given from the developers.

This will be a considerable blow for owners of the Microsoft machine, even more so considering the bad taste left in consumers mouths as they wait over two months to receive the same DLC package already enjoyed by those running Assetto Corsa on PC. To say that the latest delay will come as a bitter pill for these players is an understatement, and one can only hope that 505 Games and Kunos can very quickly rectify the issues and release the patch as soon as possible.

On a more positive note at least PlayStation 4 gamers have something to look forward to, with the new update due to bring the game up to version 1.12 and add a couple of new fixes plus the free Porsche Macan and several new 'Special Event' options. Additionally players will now be able to purchase the third and final Porsche DLC, with seven new cars due to be added. Interestingly the Vol. III DLC will not include the 2017 RSR, this will be added at a later date in a mirror of the deal offered to PC gamers, with the car to be added at no additional cost to V3 DLC owners.

You can read the full console update below:

"Hi everyone! Today, we want to give our console community a quick update on the status of our next major update (v 1.12) and the Porsche Pack Vol 3 DLC.

PLAYSTATION 4 UPDATE V 1.12 & PORSCHE PACK VOL 3 DLC LAUNCH

We’re pleased to announce that the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC will launch on February 13th 2017, along with Update v 1.12. Here’s what you can expect…

UPDATE V 1.12 RELEASE NOTES

• Added support for DLC content: Porsche Pack #3
  • FREE bonus car! – Porsche Macan Turbo
  • The damage and repair system has been improved. As a result, collisions will now appear more realistic
  • Various 3D models have been tweaked and improved, including that of the cockpit instrumentation
  • All-new special events
    15 events for The Red Pack DLC
    13 events for Porsche Pack Vol. 2 DLC
    12 events for Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC
PORSCHE PACK VOL. 3 DLC

Porsche Pack Volume 3 follows the first two DLC packs dedicated to the Porsche brand, introducing a selection of seven different vehicles. The pack places an emphasis on modern-day Porsche racing cars, including the entire 991 GT3 racing line and the latest 2016 Le Mans-winning 919 Hybrid, while also featuring two of the German brand’s most iconic racing cars, the 908 Lang-Heck and 917 K.

Volume 3 also brings players one of the most coveted modern road cars of the modern-day Porsche line-up, the Porsche 911 R, completing a perfect mix between road cars as well as modern and historic racing models.

PLEASE NOTE – The RSR GT3 2017 is not included, but will be released as a free update for the Porsche Pack Vol 3 DLC when ready.

PORSCHE PACK VOL. 3 DLC CARS

• Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S
XBOX ONE UPDATE V 1.12 & PORSCHE PACK VOL 3 DLC LAUNCH

Unfortunately, the team have encountered some issues with the Xbox One update (v 1.12) and we are unable to launch the patch and Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC on the same day as the PS4 version. Of course, we’re incredibly disappointed but be rest assured, the team are working incredibly hard to get it sorted. We’ll update you with more info as soon as we can!"

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation now available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC (via the Steam network).

Porsche Console V3 - 1.jpg
Porsche Console V3 - 2.jpg
Porsche Console V3 - 3.jpg

Modding is cool right? We think so. So much so that we have a very special place on the internet reserved for just that subject. If you like community created content for Assetto Corsa, and want to go to a place where you can readily interact with the content creators and download things like new cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such stuff, then check out our Assetto Corsa Modding sub forum. Here you will find a whole bunch of awesome stuff to download. What's more we also have a unique sub forum within that area that allows modders to showcase their work in progress content and ask questions about the modding scene in general. This can be found in our Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions sub forum.

If modding isn't your cup of tea you can also check out our epic League and Club Racing forum where we host a variety of top class, you guessed it, league and club racing events! We hold regular clubby races for all skill sets and across a nice selection of cars and tracks. All you need is to have a Premium membership and sign up for the race in advance of the event, then you are good to go! Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the console update and Porsche Vol. III on console? Which car are you most looking forward to trying out first? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No, not interested. I'm sure they're quite fast. So are the new prototype hybrids, so are rockets. It takes more to interest me than just speed. I've been around a long time and followed racing most of my life. There is so much more to racing than just tech and speed. It's the connection between the machine and the driver and the fans. This, to me is lost the more racing progresses. And silent cars, sheesh. What can I say? A Lamborghini is a Lamborghini because of the V12, V10 etc. and all that wonderful noise. Same with Ferrari, Porsche. Can you imagine a Porsche RSR with only an electric motor? A 488GT3? It's not a Porsche anymore without a proper engine. It's a camera. Made in China. No offense. But it loses it's identity. They all do. I already hardly go to races anymore. This is true for a lot of people. Crowds are way down. If it eventually goes all electric do you think this will somehow pack the seats? No, it won't. But anyway, that's my opinion and that of many others, you have yours. It's all good. :)

But anyway, that's my opinion and that of many others, you have yours. It's all good. :)

Yep. I'm one who will gladly watch lawn mower racing (seriously). I don't care what the vehicle looks like or sounds like or even how fast it is, I just love watching people on wheeled machines battle to see who is the fastest. I'll gladly admit that the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard is that of a screaming V10/V12 F1 engine, but the removal of that has in no way lessened my enjoyment of the sport. Each to their own, neither of us are right or wrong, we all like different things. I'd strongly argue that the sounds of the cars has little to do with the lack of butts in the grandstands, but that discussion has no place in this thread.

Not much though. I just bought a brand new one Saturday for $1,200. MSI Codex PC, i7-6700 4.0ghz, GTX 1070, 16gb DDR4, 256gb SSD and 1tb HDD, onboard 7.1 surround sound, built in wi-fi and bluetooth. The thing is a beast and with AC running everything on Ultra except shadows and reflections I'm getting 107fps average, and that's on triple 1080 monitors. :confused:

View attachment 171920
Drop that SSD and I'm sure you could get under $1,000 :D

Edit: Nevermind, it seems that SSD prices have dropped significantly! Even better.

Drop that SSD and I'm sure you could get under $1,000 :D

Edit: Nevermind, it seems that SSD prices have dropped significantly! Even better.

It was a package deal so I just got what it came with. So far I totally feel like I got my money's worth, the thing is a beast! And the SSD is worth whatever extra I paid for it, I haven't officially timed it but if I use Content Manager I can be on track about 90 seconds after turning the PC on. :D

http://www.microcenter.com/product/470342/Codex_X-032US_Desktop_Computer

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back