Assetto Corsa Xbox 360 Controller Settings

Its all about simulating driving a real car, the immersion a wheel/pedals/shifter provides.
I don't think I could live in a world without throttle blipping on the downshift. It has to be one of the most satisfying processes in gaming.

I'd say to most it's £20 v £200.
That's not the real problem. The real problem is when you justify that €200, a few months later you'll find a way of justifying spending another €200 on a nice set of pedals, then in another few months you'll find a way to justify spending another €200 on a H-shifter. Next thing you know you're on a street corner turning tricks so you can finance a servo wheel. It's a slippery slope.

hi guys,
I just wanted to share my setup cause i think the xbox setups are useless.
with this setup its like playing on a xbox or ps and much easier.
its great for race AND drift.
instead of using the xbox menu i use wheel/custom

here is a download link for this setup:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZJNWTCiJ!hECA-JQh2zViRu8hcVO8IYJZHVCjfdJfJ0vsm09iTBg

save .ini in

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/contollers/savedsetups

for manual setting:

-wheel/custom main

set stearing: use left STICK and set to 40

setup throttle RT. u got more control now

setup brake LT

setup gear up and down ( B & X )

-advanced:

gamma 2.00

filter 0.90

speed seni 0.04

pedal settings: 2.40

trust me, its the best setup u can have with a controller.

feel free to share,

enjoy

edit: speed seni 0.04 for better conering. new link!
unfortunately we have no rumble effects but im looking for a solution

No offense but I tried these settings and I think its just about useless. The steering is so sensitive and twitchy. The reason you have no rumble is because you're using a wheel controller setup and mapping a 360 controller to it.

I find that simply adjusting the default 360 profile just slightly gives much better control without all the twitchiness of your setup and you get to keep the rumble feature.

You can simply use the default 360 setup, then simply adjust steering speed to 2, gamma to 3.0, filtering to .4, deadzone to the max (surprisingly has very little effect) and leave everything else alone and it drives very decent with a 360 controller,

i dont think u got the point of this setup. all u have to do is to adjust the speed sensitivity from 0.04 to 0.12 depends on what car u use. with a higher speed sensitivity u got more control and less twitchy. unfortunately u cant take very small corners with 0.12. and i dont get why some ppl have so many issues with steering. its not about driving every corner full left or right. try it smooth ;)

i wanna race without any driving helps and the default 360 profile isnt made for that. if u have still issues with driving start with stability control 90% and no other helps.

the main reason, exept the steering, was, to accelerate a gt2-3 car without spinning in every corner without driving helps. the x360 default setting is useless here

this setup can not match a wheel, and this game isnt made for a controller. all i wanted is a setup to get ur car on track. but yeah, no rumble effect isnt great

try my setup with a bmw gt2 or ferrari 458 gt2 at spa. u could get a easy 2:19:5 and better drivers can go faster and win every mp race.

after all, many replies in other forums, the default x360 setup is useless. so if u are good with urs, be happy ;)

after all, many replies in other forums, the default x360 setup is useless. so if u are good with urs, be happy ;)

The default 360 setup isn't useless but I agree that it can be improved which is why I told you how to edit that profile to get the most out of it and keep the rumble feature.

I don't use a 360 controller with driving sims, I use a Fanatec CSW v2 wheel and CSR Elite pedals, however when you stated that this was the absolute best setup for a controller, I decided to try and found it to be terrible. As you stated, if it works for you, that's fine but I just found it completely unusable.

hi guys,
I just wanted to share my setup cause i think the xbox setups are useless.
with this setup its like playing on a xbox or ps and much easier.
its great for race AND drift.
instead of using the xbox menu i use wheel/custom

here is a download link for this setup:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZJNWTCiJ!hECA-JQh2zViRu8hcVO8IYJZHVCjfdJfJ0vsm09iTBg

save .ini in

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/contollers/savedsetups

for manual setting:

-wheel/custom main

set stearing: use left STICK and set to 40

setup throttle RT. u got more control now

setup brake LT

setup gear up and down ( B & X )

-advanced:

gamma 2.00

filter 0.90

speed seni 0.04

pedal settings: 2.40

trust me, its the best setup u can have with a controller.

feel free to share,

enjoy

edit: speed seni 0.04 for better conering. new link!
unfortunately we have no rumble effects but im looking for a solution
Hey m8..i like these settings esp compared to default 360..works perfect with z4..but i am having problems driving the mclaren f1 mod..it does not turn at slow speeds..can u recomend settings for open wheelers thx

Hey m8..i like these settings esp compared to default 360..works perfect with z4..but i am having problems driving the mclaren f1 mod..it does not turn at slow speeds..can u recomend settings for open wheelers thx

u have to adjust the speed sensitivity. if u go for 0.02 u can turn much harder. if u go for 0.06 - 0.10 ur car steering isnt fast but smooth. maybe u try this

I need your help, please.
I'm using an Xbox 360 wireless controller, and i would like to change some settings but it's seems to be impossible.
For steering, i want to use the D-pad, and for throttle and brake, A and Y buttons.
Inside the controller settings i couldn't find a way to change those settings.
Thank you

Question to the game pad driver in this thread:
What is the attraction to Assetto Corsa when driving with a pad? the main strength of AC is the feeling of driving, the sensation of weight transfer trough the wheel, which you will not get on a pad. Other racing game have more features and surely if using a pad, the driving will be good enough.
The only time I have used a pad in the last 10 years was when playing a game where FFB and physic are so poor that using a wheel was unpleasant, but using a pad was OK, like GRID for example.
So I am curious, why choose AC over other titles with more features, if not to drive it with a wheel?

I need your help, please.
I'm using an Xbox 360 wireless controller, and i would like to change some settings but it's seems to be impossible.
For steering, i want to use the D-pad, and for throttle and brake, A and Y buttons.
Inside the controller settings i couldn't find a way to change those settings.
Thank you
You really need to use analog inputs, otherwise you're going to have trouble racing. Digital On/Off steering and throttle/brake is no way to drive a simulation. Flat Out or Need For Speed maybe but not something trying to simulate driving.

Question to the game pad driver in this thread:
What is the attraction to Assetto Corsa when driving with a pad? the main strength of AC is the feeling of driving, the sensation of weight transfer trough the wheel, which you will not get on a pad. Other racing game have more features and surely if using a pad, the driving will be good enough.
The only time I have used a pad in the last 10 years was when playing a game where FFB and physic are so poor that using a wheel was unpleasant, but using a pad was OK, like GRID for example.
So I am curious, why choose AC over other titles with more features, if not to drive it with a wheel?
In my case because toys are expensive, because life is expensive, so i manage with what i have and that is a controller. At the same time i enjoy proper sims a hell of a lot more than other racing games like Grid you mentioned (in other words those other games you mentioned don't interest me at all). But that's just me.

With that being said i have spent a lot of time tweaking controller settings in this game. These settings work best for me:Main controls, Advanced tab.

Realism settings i play almost exclusively with: link

And a crappy gameplay video (casual hotlap on Nordschleife with optimum grip settings, 458GT2): link

I would suggest even going lower with steering speed, but not lower than 15% and definitely not higher then 25%. With lower settings you can be more smooth while cornering, but with higher you can more easily save slides that can happen (those slides that can be saved anyway). Anything above 25% just feels weird and looks bad on screen for me personally. Find your sweet spot.

I hope this helps at least some pad users that are having problems.

Cheers.

I been using xbox controllers for 10 years but recently I bought a G27 and I hated it. After 2 weeks using it I sold it and bought myself a wireless Xbox controller and I am way faster with it than I ever was with a steering wheel.
My setup config is:
Steering Sensitivity=80%
Steering Speed=100
Gamma=2.4
Filter=0.82
Deadzone=0.23
It rocks and I won't ever use a wheel again.
Well done to kunos for giving us such wonderful tuning controls for an xbox 360 pad I can get any car sideways and balance it without any problems at all now thanks to their genius.

Oh and to James woods I play with no Assists on at all.

It's worth highlighting here, that these settings work excellent with an Xbox One joypad as well. The One and 360 analogue stick ranges are different, so often settings don't transfer over well. This set works very well with the X1 joypad and the current build of AC (1.11 at time of writing). Very stable and not twitchy.

Felt it was worth posting this, as when you google for settings, this thread comes up.

HI Guys

My passion for racing games all started with Formula 1, but my biggest passion is still designing and modding.

I noticed in this forum that there's a lot of discussion but very few settings available of which some of them are good and others a bit less.

When designing liveries you need something quick and easy that does the job. Using my steering wheel is not an option, so I thought I need a good setting for my my controller. Having tried all the settings available I just was not happy with the configuration. With most of the settings I found that I needed to rely a lot on setting up the car to get the right feel and this is not what I was looking for.

I wanted a configuration that would basically allow me to jump straight into the car, get some laps done so that I can view my replays for any final edits.

With these new settings I have what I want and must say that I now can have fun with the controller too. Turns when I want, allows me to correct with out going off the damn track, my laps are much quicker and I can now play with the car as if I were actually driving it.

My settings are tested with the current 2017 F1 Hybrid cars, some GT one's, basically most high performance cars. I also tested these settings on a variety of tracks like Silverstone, Mugello, Bathurst, Spa, and Monaco to give me a good feel with the different style's of corners.

Assetto Corsa Xbox Controler Settings.jpg

I hope these settings will help you guys and am sure that now you can really start enjoying the game if you use a controller.

Have fun and good luck :)

Regards

ClimaxF1

For ClimaxF1 Liveries/Skins, Steering wheels, Team Garages & Fantasy please browse my downloads section here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/climaxf1.243270/

This is for those that use a controller, so if you are just going to say buy a wheel don't waste your time. ;)

Just want to update on using an Xbox 360 controller on AC and the twitchiness a lot of people complain about. It seems that little thumb stick and the Steer Ratio setting under [Controls] in the car.ini files are at odds with each other.

So if you want to corner like your car is on rails read on, not sure if you can use this online though as you have to change the car.ini file in the data folder.

I can corner like I am using a wheel now simply by increasing the Steer Ratio number by around 4 - 5, so if it's on 12 try 16 - 17, the higher the number the less direct the steering is, making the steering less twitchy but you may have to try a few times to get it right, but won't believe how much faster and how smooth your cornering will be. Not to mention being able to go straight on the straight without being in a virtual tacking duel with your controller. :)

Edit: If you want to go all out you can reduce the length of the LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO in the car.ini file by trial and error (start with 20% less) it will do the same thing

Last edited:
This is for those that use a controller, so if you are just going to say buy a wheel don't waste your time. ;)

Just want to update on using an Xbox 360 controller on AC and the twitchiness a lot of people complain about. It seems that little thumb stick and the Steer Ratio setting under [Controls] in the car.ini files are at odds with each other.

So if you want to corner like your car is on rails read on, not sure if you can use this online though as you have to change the car.ini file in the data folder.

I can corner like I am using a wheel now simply by increasing the Steer Ratio number by around 4 - 5, so if it's on 12 try 16 - 17, the higher the number the less direct the steering is, making the steering less twitchy but you may have to try a few times to get it right, but won't believe how much faster and how smooth your cornering will be. Not to mention being able to go straight on the straight without being in a virtual tacking duel with your controller. :)

Where is this car.ini? Only one I can find is in the SDK folder.

Where is this car.ini? Only one I can find is in the SDK folder.

There is one for each car inside the car folders.

Go to your Assetto Corsa main folder, then to content \ cars \ jaguar_etype for example, inside the car folder of custom cars there is a data folder, the car.ini is inside this. If you don't have a data folder because you are looking at cars that came with the game they have a data.acd file, which you have to decompress using quickbms (just google it, it's kinda like winrar but for lots of other compression formats, and there are youtube videos on how to use it), and put all the files in a folder called data and rename the original data.acd file to something else. You don't have to compress them again having them in a data folder will work just the same.

Last edited:
Oh right, we're talking about editing every car? I'll avoid that, as it certainly isn't a good idea.
I only edit the troublesome cars, it's just one line and it makes a world of difference, and I can customize them to suit, trying to use the "one size fits all" controller settings is a bandaid solution IMHO as some cars are good and some are terrible. If you edited just one car and tried it, you would never look back. Start with reducing the LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO value by 20% and work from there, anyone who does will be astounded at the difference it makes. Instead of those twitchy cars drifting around corners, overheating the tyres, you can actually power them around under total control and take of seconds per lap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%