1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Assetto Corsa Windows 10

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Ado Pusina, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Has anybody tried AC on Win 10? Does it run? if it does, how does it run :-D

2. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

I've been using it for the past few months and I haven't had any issue at all. Using the same settings as I had on 8.1 without issue. That goes for all games too, not just AC. I'm currently on build 10162 with the 353.30 nvidia drivers.

If you're asking about the insider preview though, I'd just wait until the 29th since you'll have to go back to your old OS to get the free upgrade anyways.

3. Thanks mate, glad to know everything works out of the box on new OS,
    Will wait till 29th ;-)
    Cheers!

4. Hi,

Did you notice Fps improvement compare to your previous OS ?

5. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

I haven't noticed any improvement, but I also never had an issue with fps on 8.1.

6. Thanks Joao.

I asked that because I tried Windows 10 preview few month ago and noticed Fps improvement compare to Win 7 (around 10 Fps)

7. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

In theory there should be an improvement, and many people do see it. Being that my system is SLI'd could have something to do with me not seeing an improvement.

8. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

Since the RTM build got released today, it is pretty safe to upgrade. The version will be 99.99% the same as the final build or might even be used as the final build (pretty good chance). AC works perfect on Windows 10 for me, I got a fps improvement atleast, but that is running a AMD Radeon 290X.

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

As long as you don't have an FPS counter permanently up like i have, you also will not notice it that much - unless you're moving from stuttering 18 FPS to solid 40 FPS, i doubt anybody notices it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Worth noting if you're a DK2 user: there can be some issues with Win10 and the Oculus Rift for some.

11. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

It should be much better in the near future since when the recent deal with Oculus was announced, Microsoft said that W10 will natively support the Rift and the later versions.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015